Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, what actually is a campaigner ?
Like "SJW", "PC", "snowflake" and others, never defined. (But that never worries them.)
Like a few of the more booed players of recent memory, Goodsey played on the edge. Sliding with knees, tripping, he was a bit of a stager at times too. That should clear it up for ya cheech.

Interesting takes. The word has become part of the BigFooty landscape because it replaces a specific word in the site's swear filter. However, the impact of the word has been watered down over time so those who do know, don't think about it and many probably don't know at all.

So if I call you all a bunch of campaigners, you don't actually know if I typed out the word 'campaigners' in my claim, or if I actually called you a bunch of campaigners.

Might not hurt some people to reflect on their use of the word, tbh.

It’s the biggest rambling loud of tripe spewed by bigots. You can even have Blair Cottrell appear on national television telling an audience he doesn’t want people wearing a hijab to live here.

If that’s not free speech I don’t know what is.

Correct - but what people who complain about this lack of free speech really mean is "I want to be able say what I want (racist or otherwise) and not have anyone criticise or judge me for it !!"

For me free speech works both ways - spew out all the your bigoted crap you want but remember I also have the right to be offended or disagree and come back at you.

Actual issues in the world? I think if you managed to take your blinkers off you’d realise Goodes actually said to go easier on the girl. It’s also something that was offensive to him and he called it, as he should when someone calls APE over the fence. What else should he do?

She isn’t the face of racism, she was the face of ignorance but the subsequent treatment of Goodes can’t really be called anything else but racist.

In his press conference he said "Racism has a face. It's a 13-year-old girl."

Maybe you should take your blinkers off. As his body aged and his ability declined his selfishness increased as did his aggression towards opponents. That is when the booing started. But rather than acknowledge he was turning in to just another ageing footballer, he decided to make it all about racism. And the Swans management and board decided to go 100% in support and the AFL came along for the ride.

Because us moron regular people need to be educated in social policy by people who run a sporting code. A code which has no issue covering up rape, illegal gambling and drug use where it suits them.

Are you suggesting Goodes said that? He said nothing of the sort.

Just FYI, here's Goodes at the press conference the next day:

"It’s not her fault"

"I don’t put any blame on her"

"The person who needs the most support right now is the little girl"

"It’s not a witch hunt. I don’t want people to go after this young girl"

"I just hope that she gets some support"

"People need to cut this girl some slack"

"She’s a young kid. Kids are innocent and I’ve got no doubt in my mind she had no idea what she was calling me last night. We need to help educate her and educate society that things like this are hurtful."

That's all on the public record.

Yeah, such a tosser, is our Adam Goodes.

Here you go: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...ooed-across-australia-how-did-it-come-to-this

“To hear a 13-year-old girl call me an ape ... it was shattering,” Goodes said. “Racism has a face. It’s a 13-year-old girl.”

Its interesting that you managed to find all those quotes, yet couldnt find the one which caused so much of the anger by people who were outraged at a young girl being so publicly attacked.

The claims about dirty play are just lipstick on racist rednecked trash.

People who disagree with me are <favourite prefix> ists.

The catch cry of the dullard leftist incapable of defending their position.

This is when Hawthorn supporters started the hate on Goodes. So often protected by the Tribunal and MRP, crowds took it upon themselves to show their displeasure.

And it was only about a month ago that the exact same thing happened with GAJ. No question of racism despite near identical scenarios.

Hiding behind race is pretty pathetic in my view. But so common these days. Who needs a winning point of view when you just throw out slurs to shut down opposing thought.

BRILLIANT !

In his press conference he said "Racism has a face. It's a 13-year-old girl."

Maybe you should take your blinkers off. As his body aged and his ability declined his selfishness increased as did his aggression towards opponents. That is when the booing started. But rather than acknowledge he was turning in to just another ageing footballer, he decided to make it all about racism. And the Swans management and board decided to go 100% in support and the AFL came along for the ride.

Because us moron regular people need to be educated in social policy by people who run a sporting code. A code which has no issue covering up rape, illegal gambling and drug use where it suits them.
Conspiracy bullshit

Correct - but what people who complain about this lack of free speech really mean is "I want to be able say what I want (racist or otherwise) and not have anyone criticise or judge me for it !!"

For me free speech works both ways - spew out all the your bigoted crap you want but remember I also have the right to be offended or disagree and come back at you.
Agreed and correct

Here you go: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...ooed-across-australia-how-did-it-come-to-this

“To hear a 13-year-old girl call me an ape ... it was shattering,” Goodes said. “Racism has a face. It’s a 13-year-old girl.”

Its interesting that you managed to find all those quotes, yet couldnt find the one which caused so much of the anger by people who were outraged at a young girl being so publicly attacked.
You still haven’t caught on have you? Of course it has a face, and of course it’s in the shape of a 13 year old. Is she ignorant? Yes she is. Should she have been better educated? Yes. Should Goodes have just shaken it off because it was a 13 year old? No way. You still don’t understand the use of the word is racist in the circumstances it was administered in.

He is bemoaning society’s lack of understanding to let particular standards filter down to our children. Once again, a failing in society. If persecuted groups like Aboriginals in the past did nothing and didn’t speak up, they still wouldn’t be allowed to vote.

You need an education.

Like a few of the more booed players of recent memory, Goodsey played on the edge. Sliding with knees, tripping, he was a bit of a stager at times too. That should clear it up for ya cheech.

So who are those players that copped the same degree of booing? Week in week out, every touch, not just after a dubious act but on every touch of the ball? Name one as a start?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who are those players that copped the same degree of booing? Week in week out, every touch, not just after a dubious act but on every touch of the ball? Name one as a start?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can not remember booing against a dirty player to that extent. For a while Milburn copped it, but honestly the level of booing Goodes received was ridiculous.

And you are a picture of understanding and compromise are you?

Try again...

I understand, and Im sure I can compromise. But Im not the one who so wholeheartedly declared that Goodes never said a 13 year old girl was the face of racism.

That was the foundation for a huge part of the anger against him. So clearly you have been judging a whole heap of people from a position of ignorance.

I understand, and Im sure I can compromise. But Im not the one who so wholeheartedly declared that Goodes never said a 13 year old girl was the face of racism.

That was the foundation for a huge part of the anger against him. So clearly you have been judging a whole heap of people from a position of ignorance.
She is the face of racism. I just stated. There’s no point arguing with you, you don’t understand the topic and you don’t want to either.

The comment was racist wasn’t it? I don’t really think at the time of playing a football match that Goodes has the ability to gauge much about the individual, he is however able to gauge the nature of the comment.

Of course it’s fine. She needs to understand why it was offensive.

Why? Did you ask her intent? Did anyone?

A 12 year old probably doesn't even know what racism is, as for being racist herself is a ******* joke.

Goodes at the time was on a moral crusade to further his political brand, he didn't care that a 12 year old's silly words were twisted into something else to further his agenda.

Someone else decided for her it was racist and she ended up on national media because of it. ******* disgraceful treatment of a child.

A 12 year old probably doesn't even know what racism is, as for being racist herself is a ******* joke.

Goodes at the time was on a moral crusade to further his political brand, he didn't care that a 12 year old's silly words were twisted into something else to further his agenda.

Someone else decided for her it was racist and she ended up on national media because of it. ******* disgraceful treatment of a child.
Of course the comments were racist, but she’s guilty of being ignorant rather than racist. Someone ‘else’ decided did they? Have a listen to yourself. You don’t get to decide for other people what’s offensive and what isn’t. That’s called being oppressive. You and many others just don’t get the difference, you can’t discern.

You hear people say it all the time; ‘don’t talk to me that way, it’s rude and offensive’. People are offended by different things. Goodes is offended by being called an Ape. You call most black people an Ape and they’ll not look on you kindly. It’s a bit different than calling Jason Dunstall one.

How is he furthering his political brand? That’s just being paranoid. Typical though of someone from your viewpoint.

Oh, and by the way, Goodes did say he didn’t want her lambasted for it, she’s guilty of being ignorant, she needs to know why and so does society.

Of course the comments were racist, but she’s guilty of being ignorant rather than racist. Someone ‘else’ decided did they? Have a listen to yourself. You don’t get to decide for other people what’s offensive and what isn’t. That’s called being oppressive. You and many others just don’t get the difference, you can’t discern.

You hear people say it all the time; ‘don’t talk to me that way, it’s rude and offensive’. People are offended by different things. Goodes is offended by being called an Ape. You call most black people an Ape and they’ll not look on you kindly. It’s a bit different than calling Jason Dunstall one.

How is he furthering his political brand? That’s just being paranoid. Typical though if someone from your viewpoint.

Guilty of being ignorant at the age of 12.

Really? What do you expect kids to be aware of at the age of 12, what an incredibly dumb comment and highlights the attitude to push your agenda regardless of who it damages in the process.

Absolutely disgraceful treatment of a child

Oh, and by the way, Goodes did say he didn’t want her lambasted for it, she’s guilty of being ignorant, she needs to know why and so does society.

Bullshit, at the age of 12 that was the last thing she needed, absolutely appalling treatment of a child and anyone who runs with this attitude is part of the problem that we face now in our society

********, at the age of 12 that was the last thing she needed, absolutely appalling treatment of a child and anyone who runs with this attitude is part of the problem that we face now in our society

You wouldn't want to teach your 12 year old that racism is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back