Injury Injuries 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have treloar, dunkley, VDM and jong back in 4-6 weeks, hopefully no more injuries this weekend. Our injury list is shrinking at the right time of year
If only we could get some VFL game time into the players that were coming off those injuries (McLean, Richards, JUH, Gardner came in match cold v Freo, give Wood a half to get some match fitness back)

I love Jong and all the passion and spirit he brings to the club but I fear he might be done.
I only see him on TV but that quarter he played shocked me. Not that he played badly, just that there was no fluidity in his movements. He looked like a banged up veteran compensating for injuries with every move.
It was only a quarter but if that’s how he now moves, it might be time to pull the pin. He still has a whole life to live.

I love Jong and all the passion and spirit he brings to the club but I fear he might be done.
I only see him on TV but that quarter he played shocked me. Not that he played badly, just that there was no fluidity in his movements. He looked like a banged up veteran compensating for injuries with every move.
It was only a quarter but if that’s how he now moves, it might be time to pull the pin. He still has a whole life to live.

I’ll be shocked if he’s on the list next year. Could have been a decent player with his speed and power out of the contest but he seems to be done. Sad end to a unique story. Good on him for staying on an AFL list this long 👍

I’ll be shocked if he’s on the list next year. Could have been a decent player with his speed and power out of the contest but he seems to be done. Sad end to a unique story. Good on him for staying on an AFL list this long 👍
Yeah I think the evidence is conclusive now that Jongy's body just isn't gonna take the rigors of AFL footy. Such a good guy to have around the club, hopefully if he's interested he'd be a cracking Footscray captain.

Yeah I think the evidence is conclusive now that Jongy's body just isn't gonna take the rigors of AFL footy. Such a good guy to have around the club, hopefully if he's interested he'd be a cracking Footscray captain.

Great call - would love him as captain of Footscray.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Naughton - optimistic he'll play (but IMO this might be a ruse to keep the Weagles guessing, I rate him a 40% chance)
Martin - should now be right to play
Treloar - 5-7 weeks
Dunkley - 4-5 weeks (already into non-contact training)
Jong - 4-5 weeks

I think that was all that were mentioned.

Apart from Naughton, Dunkley is the one that I'm most looking forward to getting back so his solid progress is good news. A Rd 19 return for him would be the Crows match at Mars.

So Martin is with the team in Perth? Or they just playing funny buggers saying he is available to play (meaning VFL which I can’t see him doing).

Treloar is very disappointing. He was 6-8 at the start so hasn't even really moved
Yes they reported he was experiencing more pain than expected after his initial surgery so I guess it hasn't been straightforward. Agree it's disappointing.

The two that were not mentioned by Chris Bell were

Vandermeer (knee) - 4-6 weeks (another disappointing prognosis)​
Butler (groin) - test​

Yes they reported he was experiencing more pain than expected after his initial surgery so I guess it hasn't been straightforward. Agree it's disappointing.

The two that were not mentioned by Chris Bell were

Vandermeer (knee) - 4-6 weeks (another disappointing prognosis)​
Butler (groin) - test​
Vandermeer probably won't be back the way he's going

Treloar is very disappointing. He was 6-8 at the start so hasn't even really moved
I figured with the way it was being reported early on that it would be a bit longer. At this point it’s all about getting him fit for finals with a couple of warm up games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is disappointing. But I feel like Treloar is cream for our midfield. If we get him back to be fit for the finals that's great. But I feel like we can win the premiership without him. Whereas I think it would be much much tougher to win without Dunkley. Especially with Treloar out too. So Dunkley is the one I'm really sweating on.

Dunks will need a few games to regain touch and feel so if can come back either round 18 or 19 he should be raring to go by finals.

Treloar on the other hand schouldrequire less games to regain form going from previous stints, so if he can get 2 games before finals he will be fine.

This could be a blessing in disguise If all goes well. We may have 2 fresh and not battle weary guns primed for finals. Don’t discount the wear and tear this season may have on players at finals time. I hope we are in the position to rest key players in the back half to keep them fresh and recover from any niggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back