Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m excited for the prospect of a Bauer Balta Lefau forwardline in the not too distant future

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bauer spent the entire preseason (until injury) training as a backman, and looked impressive from all reports.

I'm hoping he can take Grimes' position at some stage.

todays injury update provided by the media team… no sign of Meehan… ?
Thought he did the weekly update

Bauer spent the entire preseason (until injury) training as a backman, and looked impressive from all reports.

I'm hoping he can take Grimes' position at some stage.
Reads the play very well and although only 192cm, he has a great leap and long reach. Could see him playing a role in the backline similar to Sicily.
Capable forward also.
Really hoping he can get an injury free run at it for the remainder of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonder if we'll tank or start winning games

Reckon we might let the cards fall. Hopefully play the kids as well as the older guys to provide a structure. Without structure and the mature bodies the kids will not learn much. It's all about learning now.

Only Gibcus is best 23 and he is ruled out for the year, so I didn't factor him in
Clarke will be and he was getting close to getting a game. He’ll surprise a lot of people next season. It was Just bullshit why he was allowed back on the ground as he now has a long wait and to start all over again. He’s best 23 easily.
I rate him well above Banks and to be an A grader, but we need to be patient now.

Was listening to Cotch speak with Mark Howard on his podcast, and found it interesting that Cotch said that pretty much all of his soft tissue injuries (mainly the hamstring ones) were more mental issues rather than physical issues.

Makes you think whether some of the players like Graham, Short, Prestia etc. get recurring soft tissues due to mental hurdles rather than physical hurdles.

Was listening to Cotch speak with Mark Howard on his podcast, and found it interesting that Cotch said that pretty much all of his soft tissue injuries (mainly the hamstring ones) were more mental issues rather than physical issues.

Makes you think whether some of the players like Graham, Short, Prestia etc. get recurring soft tissues due to mental hurdles rather than physical hurdles.
You'd think they work with someone to get over that side of it

I think Cotchin is wrong here and way out of his depth.

You'd think they work with someone to get over that side of it

Not sure if you've listened to the podcast, but the two examples Cotch used was him doing a hammy just before heading into the hub, and the uncertainty around that time, and the other example was being worried about the birth of his second child which was booked in for the day after a game, and he did his hammy in the first or second quarter.

So when I say "mental issues", it's not a fear of injury or overexerting themselves after recovery from an injury (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to here), but genuine life changing issues that can represent themselves as anxiety or stress that isn't as simple as "go see a psychologist" to help fix.

Not sure if you've listened to the podcast, but the two examples Cotch used was him doing a hammy just before heading into the hub, and the uncertainty around that time, and the other example was being worried about the birth of his second child which was booked in for the day after a game, and he did his hammy in the first or second quarter.

So when I say "mental issues", it's not a fear of injury or overexerting themselves after recovery from an injury (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to here), but genuine life changing issues that can represent themselves as anxiety or stress that isn't as simple as "go see a psychologist" to help fix.
Oh right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back