[insert name] misses out on Rising Star this week, is still awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

White Foo, Red's dad.
He used to niggle, niggle, niggle, niggle, niggle yeah?
1294.gif

Geez Bruce is winning the Rising Star for turnover Tom. Has a Cyril-like hard one for Langdon, it's ridiculous. If Paps keeps up his form of the last fortnight he will definitely be rewarded and I'm confident Taylor will get a nomination (he'd be the toast of the town if he played in a top eight team). Probably the most open race in years but I fear the Vic media and Bruce will get Langdon over the line. IMO - throw a blanket over Dunstan, Billings, Kelly, KK, Aish, McDonald.

:mad:

Just kidding, Merrett had a good game and we probably got a bit lucky to get Lewy one earlier in the year than expected.

Really hope Paps gets one soon though, has significantly upped his game recently.

I think a 20+ possession 3 or 4 goal game isn't too far away for Paps. He's gonna be pretty hard to ignore when it comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bontempelli's performance on the weekend was overated. After watching his last two games, his kicking leaves a lot to be desired, in fact I thought it was quite poor. It is strange though, as he was talked up in the draft as a very good kick.

I think Paparone is a bit stiff this weekend, named in the best for the lions, while Bont's wasn't. It wasn't Papa's best game for us, but I still thought it was better than Bont's.

I think Bontempelli's performance on the weekend was overated. After watching his last two games, his kicking leaves a lot to be desired, in fact I thought it was quite poor. It is strange though, as he was talked up in the draft as a very good kick.

I think Paparone is a bit stiff this weekend, named in the best for the lions, while Bont's wasn't. It wasn't Papa's best game for us, but I still thought it was better than Bont's.
Agree. Bont's decision making and disposal were average on the weekend. I mark him harshly because he's a speculative pick with huge wraps but to that was his only half-decent performance of the season. Bont's will be a very, very good player but this is a typical case of Channel 7 jumping on someone's bandwagon and rising their status/stock beyond reason.

Paparone is consistently better than all other rising star noms. That's a fact. I really couldn't care about the nab rising star, as long has Papa re-signs with the Lions and keeps his performances up.

His kicking has always been a bit overrated on BF. His handballing is actually the much stronger of his skills and he is very good by hand.

I thought it was 50/50 as to which of them deserved it more but I thought Bontempelli would probably get the nod because:

1. He is from a Melb team
2. They like to spread the nominations around if they can and we already have two
3. Paparone is playing enough good games that you could expect him to have another nomination worthy game
4. Bontempelli kicked a goal and had two other shots whilst Paps did not trouble the scorers.

bontempelli was also rated as a really good athlete, he looks very awkward and slow when he is playing, we definetly lucked out when he didnt fall to us

I didn't watch the game but I thought Clay Smith deserved the nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back