Interstate members - GF Tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have tickets already but I hate knowing it is at the Gabba and all those Victorian Tiger Army members not being able to be at a Richmond grand final

I was lucky enough to get a ticket last year and am happy for others to experience it (especially for people who would never have had a chance of getting a ticket normally). So for everybody who is there, just be loud and enjoy the night.

Go Tigers!

Spare a thought for the thousands of members who haven't been able to attend any of the GFs for the past few years and now have a chance to. We are an Australian brand not just Victorian.

Spot on Wrenny, I attended 2017 Prelim because I knew couldn't attend the Granny from Qld.

Was going to attend the 2018 Granny, but then we all know what happened.

2019 attended the Prelim again because the Home Show up here was on GF Day (first time ever and so crucial to my business). Finally getting to see the boys in a Granny now -and its in my home state!!!!! Woo-hoo.

Qld Supporters are just as loyal as any in Australia, some travel the equivalent of Melbourne to Sydney to Melbourne again and to Sydney again and to Melbourne again, by car, just to see Brisbane v Richmond home and away game - when we even got one (not every year)! Then drive all that again. Many of us are lucky to be closer.

This game should give Brendan Gale an amazing outcome. He set the unthinkable goals of 3 finals, 0 debt, 75k members, 3 Premierships by 2020 - and here we are people on the cusp of that glorious goal! The whole Club deserve the recognition of it, if/when it comes off, but spare a little thought for Benny and how satisfied he would be to fulfill such an amazing objective. Now Benny, set me the goal and the steps of winning Lotto willya! ;) :D

Last edited:
Flights booked,type G Queensland border declaration pass filled out.Stayin at a mates place on the Goldy.Gunna ring work n tell em I’m unavailable coz I gotta quarantine when I get back to WA,will be available about 10th November if yas still want me.Opportunity knocks,I’m on it.Got priority 1,can’t let that slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck Wazza, got everything crossed for you that it all goes to plan mate. Enjoy!

Any non victorians not going to the GF? I want to go with a mate but obviously can’t get him a ticket with my own membership so need another barcode

I've got 4 cat 2 and 1 cat 3 memberships....so need one more cat 2 barcode to get the family tickets without waiting for cat 3 allocation.

Anyone get AFL membership GF tickets this morning and does anyone know if that affects/reduces the Club allocation of 8000?

Any non victorians not going to the GF? I want to go with a mate but obviously can’t get him a ticket with my own membership so need another barcode

Same here - would like another Cat2 so I can go with my wife if anyone can assist.

I've got 4 cat 2 and 1 cat 3 memberships....so need one more cat 2 barcode to get the family tickets without waiting for cat 3 allocation.
I thought, per the Club email, the transfer of bar codes from one member to another is forbidden by Queensland Health for contact tracing reasons and is an expressed condition of the event?

Haere Ra

I thought, per the Club email, the transfer of bar codes from one member to another is forbidden by Queensland Health for contact tracing reasons and is an expressed condition of the event?

Haere Ra

That’s what I read too

Haere Ra

Haven't read it expressed quite like that yet (may have missed it), only in bits and pieces, but the Club has said a ticket must be used by Member purchasing the ticket. Have also read when purchasing the ticket the Purchaser must agree to the terms and conditions (and if you tried to read at the time of purchasing the ticket the time would probably run out). That applied for the Semi finals as well, yet the Member could purchase more than one ticket.

At the gates at Metricon the QR code of the ticket was the only thing considered that I could tell.

I had a similar conversation with the person issuing my ticket to me on Thursday, and they were none the wiser about handing the ticket to someone else if Richmond didn't make it. There were not going to be any identifying details APPARENTLY. We won, and I didn't need to think about it again until my wife started singing:

1602986590788.png

Haven't read it expressed quite like that yet (may have missed it), only in bits and pieces, but the Club has said a ticket must be used by Member purchasing the ticket. Have also read when purchasing the ticket the Purchaser must agree to the terms and conditions (and if you tried to read at the time of purchasing the ticket the time would probably run out). That applied for the Semi finals as well, yet the Member could purchase more than one ticket.

At the gates at Metricon the QR code of the ticket was the only thing considered that I could tell.

I had a similar conversation with the person issuing my ticket to me on Thursday, and they were none the wiser about handing the ticket to someone else if Richmond didn't make it. There were not going to be any identifying details APPARENTLY. We won, and I didn't need to think about it again until my wife started singing:

View attachment 988577

From the Club correspondence re GF ticketing;

"With the Grand Final scheduled at the Gabba Saturday, October 24, the AFL as well as the Queensland Government have advised that Club members based in a restricted location (i.e. VIC, International, NSW hotspot) will not be eligible to purchase Grand Final tickets and attend the game (subject to Richmond participating). As per our membership terms and conditions, this also means that membership cards and associated benefits such as access to guaranteed Grand Final ticketing are for personal use only and may not be transferred under any circumstance. Due to COVID-19 contact tracing requirements, the member name must correspond with the ticket purchaser name."

Haere Ra

Does anyone know how many tickets an interstate member can purchase come Tuesday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Wazza, got everything crossed for you that it all goes to plan mate. Enjoy!

Cheers Phar Ace .made sure my flights r direct to and from Perth to Brizzy.Nearly booked one with a one n a half hour Sydney stop over but I wisely had a rethink on that one.Rang work n they grateful for me giving them as much notice as possible.i can still get some shifts in starting the night after my 14 day home quarantine is up.still gunna Hafta do a slight redraw on the loan but I think it’s worth it.Good luck Tigers Team and ALL supporters wherever they r watching/listening to the game.Hope we all have a great day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the Club correspondence re GF ticketing;

"With the Grand Final scheduled at the Gabba Saturday, October 24, the AFL as well as the Queensland Government have advised that Club members based in a restricted location (i.e. VIC, International, NSW hotspot) will not be eligible to purchase Grand Final tickets and attend the game (subject to Richmond participating). As per our membership terms and conditions, this also means that membership cards and associated benefits such as access to guaranteed Grand Final ticketing are for personal use only and may not be transferred under any circumstance. Due to COVID-19 contact tracing requirements, the member name must correspond with the ticket purchaser name."

Haere Ra

How can they monitor that? Tickets are not checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back