tickets for round 1 on sale tuesday 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats actually happening with tickets for Rd1? Got a text saying they were close to selling out. If we get more than 80k there I will eat my hat. WTF is this scam?

There will be 80K there easily. Start eating your hat :p. Pre covid mostly over 80K (covid years impacted). Im predicting 85-90K

Also, when the AFL or Richmond say close to sold out, they mean the public reserve (56K seats), that's where club members sit.
AFL members and MCC members are separate areas, totaling around 44K combined.

For example, AFL members (screenshot below), it's almost sold out (only back rows remaining), likely no walk-up on the night. I got in early as there is 10 of us and was able to get level 1.

aflres.jpg

PUBLIC RESERVE - Southern Stand (punt road end), City End (Ponsford Stand), & Olympic Stand (exc MCC members).

Selling well, only level 4. Purple areas at a guess 10K seats left. With 2 weeks till round 1 would not be surprised if they all go. If you're a general admission member (without a reserved seat), monitor seating because even if it doesn't sell out likely only back rows will be available on the night. Right now, still can get good enough seats on level 4.

pubres.jpg

Last edited:
There will be 80K there easily. Start eating your hat :p. Pre covid mostly over 80K (covid years impacted). Im predicting 85-90K

Also, when the AFL or Richmond say close to sold out, they mean the public reserve (56K seats), that's where club members sit.

For example, AFL members (screenshot below), it's almost sold out (only back rows remaining), likely no walk-up on the night. I got in early as there is 10 of us and was able to get level 1.

View attachment 1619296

PUBLIC RESERVE - Southern Stand (punt road end), City End (Ponsford Stand), & Olympic Stand (exc MCC members).

Selling well, only level 4. Purple areas at a guess 10K seats left. With 2 weeks till round 1 would not be surprised if they all go. If you're a general admission member (without a reserved seat), monitor seating because even if it doesn't sell out likely only back rows will be available on the night. Now, it seems right now still can get good enough seats on level 4.

View attachment 1619298
you are attendance king

I'm a Provisional MCC Member and I'm too plebby to even warrant a ticket to this game. Only Restricted and Full can even attempt to but a seat. Might open up closer to the game but its a big ticket game, so likely to be almost full in the MCC Section too....if they turn up after getting a ticket that is!

Luckily I'm a Richmond Member too and have my seats locked away for the game regardless

View attachment 1619296

Selling well, only level 4. Purple areas at a guess 10K seats left. With 2 weeks till round 1 would not be surprised if they all go. If you're a general admission member (without a reserved seat), monitor seating because even if it doesn't sell out likely only back rows will be available on the night. Right now, still can get good enough seats on level 4.

View attachment 1619298
Nah something wierd going on with level 4 seating, i was watching this closely especially Q1 to Q4. They put them up for sale when the public could buy then withdrew them from sale and did the ol allocation exhausted. They are showing those bays as unavailable and not sold like they do in Q10 for example which shows seats as available, sold and unavailable. I rang the club about what unavailable stands for and they couldn't tell me as they had no idea. IMO it's for walk ups on the night.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.07.56 pm.png
Just jumped on and this is what they are saying is left. I tend to believe it because they are now only selling single seats in some sections. As always, the size of the crowd comes down to the AFL and MCC areas.

View attachment 1619370
Just jumped on and this is what they are saying is left. I tend to believe it because they are now only selling single seats in some sections. As always, the size of the crowd comes down to the AFL and MCC areas.

Exactly that is what i have been saying. I pay upwards of $700 for my gold membership, well for the family about $1500+. We still need to book for the big games, to get good seats, i.e 8-10 games. We pay about $10 to upgrade to a reserved seat which is worth it because with 3 kids and our group has 10 we can get there without thinking where to find a seat. Lesser supported teams just roll up, scan in and find a seat even on Level 1.

Now look at your screenshot and mine in my previous post, Q53 and Q11 were full, now mostly sold out.

Ticktetek do tend to pull shifties with the way they display the bay areas for sale on certain games but come RD 1 and other big games like Anzac day eve, Anzac day, Dreamtime ect they sell out these big-ticket games.

As stated AFL members only have back rows available, so this will sell out before game day.

MCC i don't know but it's RD 1 everyone frothing to go to the footy. This will be close to being sold out also.

Nah something wierd going on with level 4 seating, i was watching this closely especially Q1 to Q4. They put them up for sale when the public could buy then withdrew them from sale and did the ol allocation exhausted. They are showing those bays as unavailable and not sold like they do in Q10 for example which shows seats as available, sold and unavailable. I rang the club about what unavailable stands for and they couldn't tell me as they had no idea. IMO it's for walk ups on the night.

You got to remember it's our home game so they won't show most of level 1, 2N, and 3 (P sec) on Ticketek as they are reserved for tiger members who have seats. Carlton as the away team will look to book seats and Richmond GA members coming from the country, and interstate they like to upgrade so as to not miss out.

I have mates who live in Melbourne who have a general tiger membership, they have upgraded as they didn't want to muck around on the night, and get there so early to try and find a seat as it will be madness.

You got to remember it's our home game so they won't show most of level 1, 2N, and 3 (P sec) on Ticketek as they are reserved for tiger members who have seats. Carlton as the away team will look to book seats and Richmond GA members coming from the country, and interstate they like to upgrade so as to not miss out.

I have mates who live in Melbourne who have a general tiger membership, they have upgraded as they didn't want to muck around on the night, and get there so early to try and find a seat as it will be madness.
I stand so have no desire to upgrade as does everyone else in my group, ticketek have done this exact thing before. I got sucked in a few years back for a dreamtime match, announcement was that only a few hundred tickets were left so either upgrade or get there when gates open or you won't get in, i had mates scanning in 10 minutes before the bounce so it's why i'm very wary of any announcement that says tickets are limited especially for level 4.

I stand so have no desire to upgrade as does everyone else in my group, ticketek have done this exact thing before. I got sucked in a few years back for a dreamtime match, announcement was that only a few hundred tickets were left so either upgrade or get there when gates open or you won't get in, i had mates scanning in 10 minutes before the bounce so it's why i'm very wary of any announcement that says tickets are limited especially for level 4.

That's fine if you have no issue sitting on level 4. I tend to agree there will be seats on level 4 but how many and how good these seats will be is anyone's guess. For those who like to sit closer to the action, they will always book a seat on level 1 or 2.

Anyways, personally, I do like the walk-up option. Not everyone wants to book a seat, each to their own I guess.

Demand for AFL tickets soars​

The AFL expects Richmond v Carlton to sell out by Friday amid massive demand for round 1 seats that has Victorian general admission sales up 244 per cent on the same time in 2019.
But the league has made the decision not to bring forward the traditional 7.50pm Friday start time to an earlier slot despite strong feedback from fans.

The league started the 2022 season with a backdrop of Covid hesitancy from fans, who also complained about a flexible fixture and lack of plastic membership cards.

It has listened to those concerns and maintained a price freeze for the fifth year in a row, locked in the fixture for 15 rounds and decided against any rule changes.

AFL executive Travis Auld told the Herald Sun the league believed those changes had helped unprecedented demand for tickets that has already seen general admission tickets for Anzac Day sell out.

The league expects the last remaining tickets for the Richmond-Carlton season opener to be snapped up in the next 24 hours, hopeful of a crowd above 90,000 at the MCG.

Already the league has sold more than 200,000 tickets across the MCG and Marvel Stadium for round 1 games.

Demand for AFL tickets soars​

The AFL expects Richmond v Carlton to sell out by Friday amid massive demand for round 1 seats that has Victorian general admission sales up 244 per cent on the same time in 2019.
But the league has made the decision not to bring forward the traditional 7.50pm Friday start time to an earlier slot despite strong feedback from fans.

The league started the 2022 season with a backdrop of Covid hesitancy from fans, who also complained about a flexible fixture and lack of plastic membership cards.

It has listened to those concerns and maintained a price freeze for the fifth year in a row, locked in the fixture for 15 rounds and decided against any rule changes.

AFL executive Travis Auld told the Herald Sun the league believed those changes had helped unprecedented demand for tickets that has already seen general admission tickets for Anzac Day sell out.

The league expects the last remaining tickets for the Richmond-Carlton season opener to be snapped up in the next 24 hours, hopeful of a crowd above 90,000 at the MCG.

Already the league has sold more than 200,000 tickets across the MCG and Marvel Stadium for round 1 games.

above 90,000?

EAA626FB-DC10-489E-9054-635284065F6E.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine if you have no issue sitting on level 4. I tend to agree there will be seats on level 4 but how many and how good these seats will be is anyone's guess. For those who like to sit closer to the action, they will always book a seat on level 1 or 2.

Anyways, personally, I do like the walk-up option. Not everyone wants to book a seat, each to their own I guess.
But it's a s**t way they do it, i have no doubt Q1 to Q3 have been held back for GA walk up sales on the day, there is no way they sold out when other level 4 bays are still up for grabs. These sales at the moment are purely for selling seats at price gouging prices, all about making money because release GA now and no one will upgrade to a seat in level 4 out of panic which is what they play on.

80k+ is a given for Rnd 1. If we hit 90k or over largely depends on the MCC crowd turning up.

Also as per my personal circumstance, I anticipate that reserved seat primary school aged children will largely not be coming to the game because of it being a school night (My daughter won't be coming and neither my wife who is staying home to look after her. We all have reserved seats).

But it's a s**t way they do it, i have no doubt Q1 to Q3 have been held back for GA walk up sales on the day, there is no way they sold out when other level 4 bays are still up for grabs. These sales at the moment are purely for selling seats at price gouging prices, all about making money because release GA now and no one will upgrade to a seat in level 4 out of panic which is what they play on.
but if they say theyre sold out, wont that make people not show up on the day for ga? they are playing with fire

I'm back living in Melbourne after 28 years and was planning to walk up and scan in. Is that still a possibility in these big games or am I dreaming?
isnt it like only $10-15 to upgrade to level 4 reserved or have they jacked that up too

80k+ is a given for Rnd 1. If we hit 90k or over largely depends on the MCC crowd turning up.

Also as per my personal circumstance, I anticipate that reserved seat primary school aged children will largely not be coming to the game because of it being a school night (My daughter won't be coming and neither my wife who is staying home to look after her. We all have reserved seats).
why the f*ck do they insist on a thursday game all the time ?

Exactly that is what i have been saying. I pay upwards of $700 for my gold membership, well for the family about $1500+. We still need to book for the big games, to get good seats, i.e 8-10 games. We pay about $10 to upgrade to a reserved seat which is worth it because with 3 kids and our group has 10 we can get there without thinking where to find a seat. Lesser supported teams just roll up, scan in and find a seat even on Level 1.

Now look at your screenshot and mine in my previous post, Q53 and Q11 were full, now mostly sold out.

Ticktetek do tend to pull shifties with the way they display the bay areas for sale on certain games but come RD 1 and other big games like Anzac day eve, Anzac day, Dreamtime ect they sell out these big-ticket games.

As stated AFL members only have back rows available, so this will sell out before game day.

MCC i don't know but it's RD 1 everyone frothing to go to the footy. This will be close to being sold out also.

Just jumped on this morning ....

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 8.56.11 am.png

I put it down to this being the first true non covid season without any restrictions on ticketing..

yes no paper tickets or physical memberships was a restriction. most of our supporter base would prefer the options

also the tarranto/hopper factor is huge too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back