tickets for round 1 on sale tuesday 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

80k+ is a given for Rnd 1. If we hit 90k or over largely depends on the MCC crowd turning up.

Also as per my personal circumstance, I anticipate that reserved seat primary school aged children will largely not be coming to the game because of it being a school night (My daughter won't be coming and neither my wife who is staying home to look after her. We all have reserved seats).

I actually believe that this is almost a bigger factor than the MCC and AFL members in achieving a real sell out now. More people who have Reserved Seats are not using them. They've paid for them so they can do what they like but it means empty seats when they would otherwise be filled.

I'd love to see a way that seats could be automatically placed up on sale if Reserve Seat Holder, MCC or AFL Members knew they could not use them. If Reserve Seat Holders, MCC Members and AFL Members had to acknowledge/book their seats each week (perhaps at least 3 days prior). If they hadn't, these seats could go on sale to the general public or lower categories of the MCC and AFL. Reserve Seat Holders would be effectively 'renting out' their seats and would receive money back in return.

I know people can do this themselves through social media etc but it would be great to make this more official so the tickets and empty seats are much easier to access and ultimately fill.

I'm just keen to get more bums on seats and more real sell outs to games rather than have empty (and often paid for) seats just sitting there.

Anyway, that's just my take

Demand for AFL tickets soars​

The AFL expects Richmond v Carlton to sell out by Friday amid massive demand for round 1 seats that has Victorian general admission sales up 244 per cent on the same time in 2019.
But the league has made the decision not to bring forward the traditional 7.50pm Friday start time to an earlier slot despite strong feedback from fans.

The league started the 2022 season with a backdrop of Covid hesitancy from fans, who also complained about a flexible fixture and lack of plastic membership cards.

It has listened to those concerns and maintained a price freeze for the fifth year in a row, locked in the fixture for 15 rounds and decided against any rule changes.

AFL executive Travis Auld told the Herald Sun the league believed those changes had helped unprecedented demand for tickets that has already seen general admission tickets for Anzac Day sell out.

The league expects the last remaining tickets for the Richmond-Carlton season opener to be snapped up in the next 24 hours, hopeful of a crowd above 90,000 at the MCG.

Already the league has sold more than 200,000 tickets across the MCG and Marvel Stadium for round 1 games.

sales above 2019 apparently. that game got 85k but was a carltoon home game

80k+ is a given for Rnd 1. If we hit 90k or over largely depends on the MCC crowd turning up.

Also as per my personal circumstance, I anticipate that reserved seat primary school aged children will largely not be coming to the game because of it being a school night (My daughter won't be coming and neither my wife who is staying home to look after her. We all have reserved seats).

RD 1, it's been a school night for the better part of 10 years +, and I must say I've gone to every RD 1 game and there are heaps of kids.
I have 3 boys, 2 at school 6 and 7 years old, and they will definitely be there, we make an exception for RD 1.
For those who don't bring their kids no doubt, they'd have other family members/friends sit there.

With the blues improving and Taranto/hopper etc this game likely will hit 90K. AFL members will be sold out, so depends on MCC roll-up.

RD 1, it's been a school night for the better part of 10 years +, and I must say I've gone to every RD 1 game and there are heaps of kids.
I have 3 boys, 2 at school 6 and 7 years old, and they will definitely be there, we make an exception for RD 1.
For those who don't bring their kids no doubt, they'd have other family members/friends sit there.

With the blues improving and Taranto/hopper etc this game likely will hit 90K. AFL members will be sold out, so depends on MCC roll-up.
can u tell the secret for 3 boys to jack, chimp, richo and lids please ?

Just jumped on this morning ....

View attachment 1620039

I just went on and saw single seats in M9, and back rows in level 4. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it sells out as there are still 2 weeks to go but in saying that if there are seats available it will only be in the back rows and on the day (get there early) you will be able to just scan in.

I reckon there will be walk-up on the night for what it's worth and those seats will be snapped up. For those who are happy to stand and there are many who do i.e tiger.army/grog squad etc or happy to sit wherever then just wait and scan in on the night.

seats.jpg

AFL members is always sold out for big blockbuster games. I don’t know why everyone thinks that AFL members don’t turn up. It’s bullshit. It’s only the MCC that is never filled. That’s because they have walkups which the AFL members do not.

AstuteTiger see that Q8 and 9 are now up for sale when i mentioned yesterday that they were classed as unavailable, they are working their way around back to Q1, they are selling the areas where people traditionally don't like sitting to fill up those areas first which includes restricted view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planning on walking up and scanning in on the night and standing. But scanning in with what where is the ******* barcode?

FOR AFL MEMBERS:
Please note: Richmond v Carlton will be a fully ticketed event. You must hold an upgraded Ticketek ticket to attend the match. No general admission scan access will be available. Limited tickets remain, upgrade now before it sells out to access to the Season Opener!

^Only standing room is available to upgrade to. Standing room should be free as not taking up a seat.

GENERAL ADMISSION:
Feel the Rumble next Thursday night when we take on Carlton! General Public tickets have now SOLD OUT.
GA members can access GA areas by scanning in. Not a member? Join the Tiger Army to lock in your seat for Round 1

FOR AFL MEMBERS:
Please note: Richmond v Carlton will be a fully ticketed event. You must hold an upgraded Ticketek ticket to attend the match. No general admission scan access will be available. Limited tickets remain, upgrade now before it sells out to access to the Season Opener!

^Only standing room is available to upgrade to. Standing room should be free as not taking up a seat.

GENERAL ADMISSION:
Feel the Rumble next Thursday night when we take on Carlton! General Public tickets have now SOLD OUT.
GA members can access GA areas by scanning in. Not a member? Join the Tiger Army to lock in your seat for Round 1
could get under 80 if it rains

Remove this Banner Ad

Back