Is 100,000 members in 2018 possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

If half the members turn up that will be 45/50k by seasons end and if we get on a roll it will be a lot higher than that
If and could, are very different from did and will. We need big crowds if we want to push for better deals and the kind of red carpet treatment Collingwood have benefited from.

Even more critically is our attendance to away games, that really adds value to our brand and will have other clubs falling over themselves to host us. I'm pretty sure the pies, essendon and carlton always have us down for double up games but it would be nice if we were a priority fixture for all clubs in our state.

I would say that we are now certain to hit 100,000 members with just 2,500 left to go, I wouldnt be surprised if we already have a couple of thousand members up our sleep or a commitment from sponsors or 3rd parties that it will be reached.

For marketing reasons they wouldnt be posting the 100k target if they were not 100% sure it would be met

Im more interested in the yield and how much profit the Richmond Football Club will make in 2018 with a massive jump in members and the merchandise windfall from the 2017 premiership etc

$10,000,000 is my prediction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that we are now certain to hit 100,000 members with just 2,500 left to go, I wouldnt be surprised if we already have a couple of thousand members up our sleep or a commitment from sponsors or 3rd parties that it will be reached.

For marketing reasons they wouldnt be posting the 100k target if they were not 100% sure it would be met

Im more interested in the yield and how much profit the Richmond Football Club will make in 2018 with a massive jump in members and the merchandise windfall from the 2017 premiership etc

Agree- no way we aim for 100 if we can't hit in.

I wonder what the target will be next year.

The club will also need to work hard to retain such a massive influx of members

Imo this is why they started offering memberships for the last 5 home games, get people to buy one cheaply but it still counts as a match access member

Supposedly keep a member for 3 years and they are rusted on. Once we break 100K every year that becomes a beacon on its own. Attracts players and sponsors. Plus it gives us a secure income stream.

And it shows we are the greatest team in the AFL
champion-trophy-winning-success-words-stock-illustration__k19495458.jpg

Hey GUN any idea what the Club does with these monies from memberships..?!?

Has happened

A few years ago the blues had a target they made a big campaign about, and fell well short

RFC posters may have said something about it once or twice to the blues mods on the industry board...

Has happened

A few years ago the blues had a target they made a big campaign about, and fell well short

RFC posters may have said something about it once or twice to the blues mods on the industry board...
Was that when we were all hearing about what they were cooking?

Imo this is why they started offering memberships for the last 5 home games, get people to buy one cheaply but it still counts as a match access member

They've done that for several years now. That and packages for the remaining games of this year + next year (so 2 years membership).

Not sure they care about 'match access member' so much as another name/number to wave in front of potential sponsors.

Has happened

When was the last time the Blooz actually did something they said they would

In SOS we trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Back