Is Don Pyke’s position untenable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people like to discredit McClure so much? I get that he can come across the wrong way but he is right a lot of the time.

It was clear Betts was livid about the camp when McClure claimed it during the season, and the McGovern leaving story is looking to be true too... what's the problem? Looks like he has a good source at the Crows.
Does not matter who said it and the card to play is to ridicule the journo.

There is not 1 journo in Oz that is immune to keyboard criticisms no matter how much they get right or wrong as they are on a hiding to nothing on social platforms no matter what they say!

Does not matter who said it and the card to play is to ridicule the journo.

There is not 1 journo in Oz that is immune to keyboard criticisms no matter how much they get right or wrong as they are on a hiding to nothing on social platforms no matter what they say!
Nerolie Meadows. Emma Quayle as well when she was writing.

Like Kane Cornes, McClure will wear very thin very quickly.

Clearly Maclure is getting this info from an inside source. Perhaps someone disgruntled.

Pretty damaging for Pyke if its true
I love that word

Disgruntled.

I imagine george costanza waving his arms and yelling “im disgruntled jerry, i have no gruntle, all the gruntle was here - and now *waves arms - theres none”

Nerolie Meadows. Emma Quayle as well when she was writing.

Like Kane Cornes, McClure will wear very thin very quickly.
They are not news breakers though and stick to just talking about games etc.

Whoever goes about breaking news publicly is ridiculed whether or not they are right or wrong!

It is the social media way to shoot the messenger in this day and age with a how dare they say that approach and McClure has been right more often than wrong on these types of issues.

Oh don't put down Adz or he'll send you a PM telling you that he's a highly respected poster on BigFooty despite being widely regarded as a complete pleb, he will then tell you he gets a lot of likes.

Please take care of yourselves and don't choke on your laughter reading this post.
It's funny because it's true

It is weird how the fallout of this camp has basically been going on all year. Is it a beat up or is there some lies and half truths that continue on?

We've even contradicted ourselves at times. That's the thing with getting numerous people trying to pull the wool over an industry's eyes. There's almost certainly a fair bit more bubbling under the surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought it'd be untenable if there are a group of players who feel like their senior coach has gone behind their back to reimplement something they've specifically asked to be removed. Coaches have been sacked for less.

I would only imagine that would apply to the leadership group and our vicey just re signed.

I would have thought it'd be untenable if there are a group of players who feel like their senior coach has gone behind their back to reimplement something they've specifically asked to be removed. Coaches have been sacked for less.
You mean players like Lynch, Sloane, Mackay, Seedsman who all signed new contracts after?

You mean players like Lynch, Sloane, Mackay, Seedsman who all signed new contracts after?
I didn't mention their names. They are not the entire list.

I personally feel like it's a media beat up and my previous posts in this thread will confirm that. I'm just of the belief that if there are several players who were requesting the program be removed and then it was reintroduced behind these players back, then I can see how that may create a conflict that could cost a senior coach or the respective players their job/s.

Why do people like to discredit McClure so much? I get that he can come across the wrong way but he is right a lot of the time.

It was clear Betts was livid about the camp when McClure claimed it during the season, and the McGovern leaving story is looking to be true too... what's the problem? Looks like he has a good source at the Crows.
He also said tom lynch was gone.. said he was shopping for houses in Melbourne and then a few days later lynch signed... them he said Sloane was gone.. then he said last year that Mitch McGovern was gone.. throw enough s**t at a wall and some will finally stick.

The damn wit has the biggest chip on his shoulder over the crows because they’ve snagged a few of his beloved Carlton’s players... his beloved Carlton is an absolute basket case... and the crows have basically shut Kornes and Rucci (two biased port power hacks that laughably call themselves journo’s) out and they work with manure...

Manure is just a pond scum dweller.

He also said tom lynch was gone.. said he was shopping for houses in Melbourne and then a few days later lynch signed... them he said Sloane was gone.. then he said last year that Mitch McGovern was gone.. throw enough s**t at a wall and some will finally stick.

The Damn wit has the biggest chip on his shoulder over the crows because they’ve snagged a few of his beloved Carlton’s players... his beloved Carlton is an absolute basket case... and the crows have basically shut Kornes and Rucci (two biased port power hacks that laughably call themselves journo’s) out and they work with manure...

I can tell you now, there is truth to this rumour............pyke lost it mentally after losing the grand final and forced collective minds back on them because he is obsessed with the way they went down in the grannie.

The Damn wit has the biggest chip on his shoulder over the crows because they’ve snagged a few of his beloved Carlton’s players... his beloved Carlton is an absolute basket case... and the crows have basically shut Kornes and Rucci (two biased port power hacks that laughably call themselves journo’s) out and they work with manure...

You think maybe these three blokes were actually all pretty close to leaving? I think that's more the case. Crows fans get so offended at anything said about them in a negative light. It's not all Soders on channel 7 pumping you up boys get used to it.

I can tell you now, there is truth to this rumour............pyke lost it mentally after losing the grand final and forced collective minds back on them because he is obsessed with the way they went down in the grannie.
If there is truth to the rumour... then provide it... if you can’t then basically all your doing is spreading rumours and haven’t got a clue.

Good coach ...probably overachieved in making a grand final last year

Probably under achieved this year

Dare I say that’s footy

You think maybe these three blokes were actually all pretty close to leaving? I think that's more the case. Crows fans get so offended at anything said about them in a negative light. It's not all Soders on channel 7 pumping you up boys get used to it.

Again.. you and I haven’t got a ******* clue and neither would McClure unless he can miraculously read people’s minds... the only people that well and truely would know would be the players and their wives/partners.. they would say to their managers “throw the feelers out there, see what I’m possibly worth on the market”, as every single player would, but ultimately the final decision would come down to the player. No one else would really truely know, not even their manager.

Any dickhead with a platform can make up and spread rumours... especially when it comes to player movement because if they don’t eventuate no one ever calls them out on it and if they do they can just flippantly state that “my sources were obviously incorrect”..

do you think maybe Cripps and Curnow we’re pretty close to leaving Carlton?... do you know if they maybe considered it?... you can’t answer that either so it’s equally as valid as your broad and unprovable statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back