Is Don Pyke’s position untenable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Again.. you and I haven’t got a ******* clue and neither would McClure unless he can miraculously read people’s minds... the only people that well and truely would know would be the players and their wives/partners.. they would say to their managers “throw the feelers out there, see what I’m possibly worth on the market”, as every single player would, but ultimately the final decision would come down to the player. No one else would really truely know, not even their manager.

Any dickhead with a platform can make up and spread rumours... especially when it comes to player movement because if they don’t eventuate no one ever calls them out on it and if they do they can just flippantly state that “my sources were obviously incorrect”..

do you think maybe Cripps and Curnow we’re pretty close to leaving Carlton?... do you know if they maybe considered it?... you can’t answer that either so it’s equally as valid as your broad and unprovable statement.

This.

And also McLure seems to be building his narrative around Adelaide's wins and losses.

He is writing history to suit his theory rather than developing a theory to suit history.

I can tell you now, there is truth to this rumour............pyke lost it mentally after losing the grand final and forced collective minds back on them because he is obsessed with the way they went down in the grannie.

What’s Carlton’s excuse then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the weirdest stories I can recall. I intuitively feel that it might have been sensationalised but the details just sound so bizarre that there must be something to it. And it just won't go away. I don't know what to think about it.

Yeah it's so weird.

But I've worked in various organisations in my time, and I've seen similar levels of "inexplicably stupid" in a few of those, so I believe that at least some of it probably happened.

The team was piled high with injuries all year, particularly to midfielders and key forwards. I really don't see any cause for panic. The list is still sound, and with a proper pre-season should do well next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t an issue when the Crows started the year strongly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t you lose to Essendon R1?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

12 months ago his team was considered to be the best in the comp and they easily won their first 2 finals ffs.

And then we blew ourselves up.

Burton engaged Collective Mongs.

Burton destroyed our playing list through injury.

That hopeless prick should go, not Pyke - but it’s the AFC, accountability isn’t something we believe in.

Last edited:
How about the players man the f up.

Geez Gen Y'ers are soft, you'd reckon from the reaction that their lives were in danger or something. So they had to wear a blindfold. And they had to hand over their phones. Big f'n deal.

I'm not condoning it, but there are stories of Richmond's pre-season in 1980 where players were made to run sprints in 40 degree heat and denied water. At least one ended up in an ambulance. The premiership players look back at that pre-season as the making of the group.

I heard some knob on SEN yesterday comparing the Adelaide camp to the Essendon drugs scandal. Get a grip people.

I put Sam Maclure on about the same level as Damien Barrett.

Yep, just heard that on the radio. It sounds really damning if true, particularly the bit where Pyke is alleged to have reinstated this bunch of frauds without consulting the playing group. Though I have to stress if true.
Let's be honest the players were the real frauds this year. Showed a lack of heart and character across the season and has\ve a captain that tries to be a tough guy and fails terribly.

The level of softness from this playing group is next level.

It seems clear that the day before every loss, the club reinstated the program. The day before a win, they got rid of it. Clear correlation and causation. Makes complete sense.

These CM guys must have incredible powers. Real life witch doctor puppet masters. Imagine if they used their powers for good and not evil.

Does not matter who said it and the card to play is to ridicule the journo.

There is not 1 journo in Oz that is immune to keyboard criticisms no matter how much they get right or wrong as they are on a hiding to nothing on social platforms no matter what they say!

no one is allowed to ridicule sam mcclure because he goes for carlton!

Article doesn't really go into it and a cursory google just says it's a "mind training" camp, but what actually do they do at Collective Mind and is it known what (allegedly) pissed off the players about it?

Just going off the name and the fact it's "mind training" it sounds like stuff like ice-breaker games. I'd probably tank if it got me out of ice-breaker games as well.

1. We really aren’t sure if that’s true
2. They obviously removed Collective Mind from their organisation as it was identified as being problematic
3. People make mistakes.

To elaborate on point 3. We are very quick to put the slippers in to people or clubs when things aren’t going well, and without full information (which we don’t have and certainly some Journalists don’t have) we can’t fairly pass judgement. This industry is full or narcissistic ladder climbers who will spew rot about anyone and anything because it gathers momentum in the media, unfortunately as a society we’ve become accustomed to negativity rather than positivity.

Let me reiterate, people make mistakes. People make errors of judgement and sometimes things don’t turn out. Do you think Damian Hardwick made all the right calls pre 2017? Mark Thompson pre 2007? I mean people are human.

Let it roll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back