Is the jigsaw puzzle complete & if not what price to pay ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Beyond Swallow, Coniglio, O'Meara, Bennell etc., there are a few quality kids from WA running round.

As mentioned, Banfield's pace would come in handy. Jamie Bennell would even be an upgrade on Hams.

I also believe Myers and Conca could add something our midfield. Conca may be out of reach, but Myers could be the big bodied mid we're after. Although for the bomber's he's played exclusively on the HB line, whether as a flanker or a tall, he's a nice height (191cm) and he if cuts a few kg's, he might fit on a wing or preferably as an IM. Not to mention he's very versatile, reads the play well, can take a mark and has decent skills. TBH, sorta like Ebert but with better skills and a bit more size. Although I don't think he's particularly quick off the mark. He's by no means a solution, but I'd prefer we go after him than a 25yo plodder from the WAFL.

And FWIW, we need not limit ourselves to West Australian's.

I know Cockie, was pretty surprised wce didn't hold onto him as he showed really good hardness/good tackler etc.

Not AFL standard IMO.

Myers will be a good midfielder when he stays fit for a period of more than 2-3 weeks, but it doesn't look like happening any time soon. Considering they used pick 6 on him and invested a fair bit of time, Essendon wouldn't let him go as cheaply as one would expect as well.

Not AFL standard IMO.

Myers will be a good midfielder when he stays fit for a period of more than 2-3 weeks, but it doesn't look like happening any time soon. Considering they used pick 6 on him and invested a fair bit of time, Essendon wouldn't let him go as cheaply as one would expect as well.

Not so sure. Rumours floating around suggest Ess will be jettisoning players this year, as a means of accumulating draft picks to satisfy GC for Caddy. A player like Myers - youngish, good size, coming into his prime, not best 15 etc - would be the exact type of player Ess would have to release. Really good fit at WC (provided he stays fit).

Would not be unreasonable to think his value and that of Stevens would be similar.

Not so sure. Rumours floating around suggest Ess will be jettisoning players this year, as a means of accumulating draft picks to satisfy GC for Caddy. A player like Myers - youngish, good size, coming into his prime, not best 15 etc - would be the exact type of player Ess would have to release. Really good fit at WC (provided he stays fit).

Would not be unreasonable to think his value and that of Stevens would be similar.
I'd imagine a straight swap would suit both parties as their situations are remarkably similar. Personally I'd be all for it considering alternatives. Lucas is the other but would prefer Myers.

Myers needs to stay on the park longer, too injury prone. He is developing into a nice player though, needs to lose weight though.

We need an A grade CHB (Would love Harry Taylor, but won't leave Geelong) and another two speedy, skilful mids would be the final pieces in a Premiership puzzle

Sam Lowrie broke his collar bone in his league debut for Souths, shocking timing. I do wonder how it will effect his ability to be ranked if he misses the combine, could fall of the radar a little probably not enough to stop him going somewhere between our first and second picks.

Remember he missed most of 2011 with a broken leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so now Myers is a mid that is news to me I`ve only ever seen him played as a backman .

He plays best in the middle. That is my opinion anyway, and I find that it's supported by a majority of Bomber fans both on and off this site.

Sam Lowrie broke his collar bone in his league debut for Souths, shocking timing. I do wonder how it will effect his ability to be ranked if he misses the combine, could fall of the radar a little probably not enough to stop him going somewhere between our first and second picks.

Remember he missed most of 2011 with a broken leg.
I wants. But i would wants him a lot more as our second pick. Lets hope this bad luck for him is good luck for us? Given our first rounder could end up higher than 15/16 i don't think we'd be pulling the trigger with him that early. Players who have had injuries though are always harder to gauge position.

So if you were WC's list manager would you

1) Believe WC need another quality mid
2) If so believe one like Bennell who offers something they dont seemingly have in their squad - elite leg speed, is the one to target
3) Be prepared to be proactive in trading 1 or more of the 3 players named in order to secure Bennell
4) If not Bennell - then who ?
Wellingham, Ellis and Yeo? Plus Shotgun Sheed.

Coniglio out of contract at the end of 2015 should we deem the midfield jigsaw puzzle incomplete still.

It's been a while since we've seen our full midfield complement in one game so it's difficult to assess just how far off they are.

Naitanui Shuey Selwood Masten Gaff Coniglio Wellingham Sheed Sheppard Yeo would be an Amazing midfield to have.

There were some rumours that he would come back home after his contract was up - how likely is it?

What would we have to give up to secure Coniglio?

Naitanui Shuey Selwood Masten Gaff Coniglio Wellingham Sheed Sheppard Yeo would be an Amazing midfield to have.

There were some rumours that he would come back home after his contract was up - how likely is it?

What would we have to give up to secure Coniglio?

You could probably replace Sheppard with Waterman or, in an ideal world, Newman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back