Is West Coast Eagles 2018 Premiership win the best in the history of Football? Can they go Back to Back in Season 2019? Or Will complacency set in?

Was the Eagles premiership win the best the game has ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 141 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are still a bit sloppy to be honest, still have some work to do on forward 50 entries, decision making can improve as well. Also we have a few new faces to that takes time to gel

But for me Brisbane and Geelong are the clear favorites

We are still a bit sloppy to be honest, still have some work to do on forward 50 entries, decision making can improve as well. Also we have a few new faces to that takes time to gel

But for me Brisbane and Geelong are the clear favorites
Yeah, Geelong, Brisbane and Port are in pretty super form and setting the benchmark for good footy in 2019. WC still building.

got cocky after the pies win 2 weeks ago. Poor against freo and smashed last night. Can't just flick the switch.

No premiership team has won a grand final with the equivalent of the injuries we had.
Primus and Francou were two handy players missing in 04.... :)

Only the best Ruck and our captain and the guy who finished 2nd and 3rd in the Brownlow just before...

No and no

Another week in BF and another one taking 1 result to the bank. We were shocking last night, yes, but in the scheme of things it's 1 loss. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and if the true contender was meant to win every game and play good footy every week, well...there would be no contenders.

Another week in BF and another one taking 1 result to the bank. We were shocking last night, yes, but in the scheme of things it's 1 loss. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and if the true contender was meant to win every game and play good footy every week, well...there would be no contenders.
Oh sorry...
Yes and yes then
Am I correct now?

To say no after one bad loss is the point. But I see your not mature enough for a normal conversation so moving on.
Oh I’m sorry I must’ve read the title of thread wrong.....
I could’ve sworn it was asking me did I THINK the eagles could go back to back (and was their victory last year the GOAT)- I thought no at the start of season and I still think no now , even more so .

If you don’t like someone having an alternative view perhaps don’t post

Btw that’s 2 bad games in a row(lucky to beat freo last week) that your team has shown to be vulnerable to a certain style of play.
-you’ve got Geelong in Geelong in next week
Your club is still rightfully one of the favourites and still plenty of time to fix things but don’t kid yourself, WC are far from flag certs

Eagles like most of the better sides prone to having the odd shocker.

Not sure they are the best wet weather side either

Certainly not a good side in the wet.

Doesn't help when the selection committee cant read a weather map and continue to pick tall sides in conditions that do not suit. Happened twice this season alone.

One key factor in this industry is don't get beaten by what you know. Well the Eagles coaching team should know better and they need to give themselves an uppercut and wake up.

Checked the forecast for Geelong but only shows to Friday, cloudy!!!?? Raining earlier in the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I’m sorry I must’ve read the title of thread wrong.....
I could’ve sworn it was asking me did I THINK the eagles could go back to back (and was their victory last year the GOAT)- I thought no at the start of season and I still think no now , even more so .

If you don’t like someone having an alternative view perhaps don’t post

Btw that’s 2 bad games in a row(lucky to beat freo last week) that your team has shown to be vulnerable to a certain style of play.
-you’ve got Geelong in Geelong in next week
Your club is still rightfully one of the favourites and still plenty of time to fix things but don’t kid yourself, WC are far from flag certs

The title of the thread uses the word "can" and by saying no, you are ruling them out completely even though you just stated they are one of he favorites thus contradicting yourself. No one is asking "are eagles a lock for back 2 back?" Perhaps know what your answering before offering an alternative view.

Certainly not a good side in the wet.

Doesn't help when the selection committee cant read a weather map and continue to pick tall sides in conditions that do not suit. Happened twice this season alone.

One key factor in this industry is don't get beaten by what you know. Well the Eagles coaching team should know better and they need to give themselves an uppercut and wake up.

Checked the forecast for Geelong but only shows to Friday, cloudy!!!?? Raining earlier in the week.
It rarely rains in Victoria these days

Every premiership side has a bad loss. Even last year, our North, Sydney, Adelaide and Essendon games weren't anything to write home about, that's for sure.

It's still just Round 5 but if we get dumped by Geelong (again) in Geelong, then I think legitimate questions should be asked because that would be on top of last night, the poor showing in the derby and Round 1 in Brisbane.

The title of the thread uses the word "can" and by saying no, you are ruling them out completely even though you just stated they are one of he favorites thus contradicting yourself. No one is asking "are eagles a lock for back 2 back?" Perhaps know what your answering before offering an alternative view.
Wut?
Your really struggling with this whole “opinion” based forum where posters discuss/give their thoughts on issues thing aren’t you??
Well of course they can!! (otherwise this thread may as well been shut down after the first reply:rolleyes:)..do I think they will??.. NO ,one is not dependent on the other ffs
The fact that you can’t comprehend this POV suggests to me you do(and certainty others in this thread have) thought the eagles are a monty to go b2b
Anyway I’m done here -never argue with a fool....

Last edited:
Shuey poking his tongue out like he's Michael Jordan. Cocky. If he's always done this fair enough, but holy * you're not M.J son.

Big game on Sunday obviously. Eagles haven't beaten us at home since 2006, the year they won the flag. They haven't played since Good Friday and us since Monday which gives them a significant advantage in the rest department. Will that work against them though having not played football for about 9 days by the time the match kicks off?

Statement game for both and the winner takes massive confidence out of this obviously. Cracking contest. I think the Eagles got complacent after that win against the Pies. Looking at last week Freo were fantastic and rolled GWS at home so that win although unconvincing looks a lot better now. The Port match however was disgraceful and reminded me of the Bombers match last June on the Thursday Night. At least WCE were missing JK, Darling and Le Cras and a couple more. Last week Port just beat them to a pulp.

Should be a ripper anyway and if we lose it will be 2 straight at the Cattery which is almost unheard of. The Eagles best is the best. If they replicate the form against the Pies they'll beat us. If they bring what they did against Port last week it will be even uglier.

Horrendous last 3 weeks. 2 beltings and lucky against Freo. Belted in round 1, poor getting flogged in half your games this early on. Yet beat the Pies at the G.

Horrendous last 3 weeks. 2 beltings and lucky against Freo. Belted in round 1, poor getting flogged in half your games this early on. Yet beat the Pies at the G.

We’re all over the shop at the moment, problem is starting in the midfield though when we’re getting smashed at the contested ball.

It’s no surprise this has started with Gaffs return. He’s back to playing the more inside role he started playing last season, but it doesn’t suit him. His best role is a hard running wingman.

Playing Oscar Allen as the LeCras replacement is also hindering us currently. He plays too tall so is getting in the way of Darling and Kennedy. We need to go smaller up forward.

IMO Lycett has been a big loss as well. Not the most talented Ruck but his mongrel and follow up work around the ball helped paper over the cracks of our midfield

Too many passengers atm coasting on their flag win. I'm hoping some stars gets some wake up calls I.e Darling. Guys been shocking.

Back