Islamic terrorists - left or right wing ?

Remove this Banner Ad

just maybe said:
Islamism is not the same as Islamic terrorism.

Islamic terrorists are not Islamists????

They don't have a political agenda?

Are you perhaps out of your depth but uncaring cos that's simply your state of existence?

Hawkforce said:
Islamic terrorists are not Islamists????

They don't have a political agenda?

Are you perhaps out of your depth but uncaring cos that's simply your state of existence?

Oh dear. Oh dear. The agenda of Islamic terrorists is in no way automatically the agenda of Islam in general. What in the world tempted you to try and pretend that somehow Islamic terrorism gives you an excuse to make all-encompassing comments about Islam?

Oh dear.

Are you really this silly?

I get the feeling that those who identify themselves as being of the "left" would state that Islamic terrorists are "right wing", while people who describe themselves as from the "right" would claim that the terrorists are "left wing".

They mostly live in the east side of the world but have western sensibilities. Capitalism or to overtake it.

Fence sitters for mine.

Hawkforce said:
Then why on earth don't you provide some examples and some evidence.
* Belief in a pervious society that was more or less perfect. To western conservatives, it is the 1950s, to Islamists, it is the 7th century.
* Fear of change.
* Social policy based on gut reaction, rather than reason.
* Dislike of intellectuals.
* Emphasis on religion.

I could go on...

MightyFighting said:
* Belief in a pervious society that was more or less perfect. To western conservatives, it is the 1950s, to Islamists, it is the 7th century.
* Fear of change.
* Social policy based on gut reaction, rather than reason.
* Dislike of intellectuals.
* Emphasis on religion.

I could go on...
Come on, that's just a ridiculous comparison. Something I'd expect from a Bombers2003.

What a bloody stupid thread.

Why are there so many idiots who feel the need to brand everything left or right like it actually matters.

Islamic Terrorists are ********wits, that's the only term they need to be labelled with.

MightyFighting said:
I'm suggesting they largely come from the same section of the human psyche.
I'm saying you're being completely and utterly ridiculous.

When was the last time a right winged westerner went and blew himself and other up in the name of his beliefs?

You'd have to go as far back as Hitler to find a group of people that nutty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bunsen burner said:

When was the last time a right winged westerner went and blew himself and other up in the name of his beliefs?
It's not exactly a controversial notion that the right and left stem from separate aspects of the human psyche. Muslims, being human as well, will be affected by the same psychological trends.

The western right may not be strapping bombs to themselves, but that's because a) they don't have to in order to achieve their aims, and b) they don't have so much of a thing about martyrdom. (I should point out at this point that I'm currently referring only to that section of the right that sees the lives of non-westerners as worth less than the lives of westerners.)

Where the western right and Islamic fundamentalism differ most significantly is in the Islamist's willingness to self-sacrifice. Timothy McVeigh illustrates this well, he was willing to kill, but not to die.

bunsen burner said:
I was never attempting to directly link the Australian centre-right to Osama Bin Laden, but yes, you do need to go pretty far to the right to find his western equivalent.

Qsaint said:
Yes Islamic Terrorists get their dogma from the Bhuddists :rolleyes: Goose

So you're saying all Muslims believe what Islamic terrorists believe?

If so, I'd say you're the goose... :rolleyes:

bunsen burner said:
Discussion or left wing mutual masturbation session?

If you have any inkling whatsoever that I'd like to engage in mutual masturbation with you, you're sorely mistaken.

just maybe said:
So you're saying all Muslims believe what Islamic terrorists believe?

If so, I'd say you're the goose... :rolleyes:

You say the larger group Islamist has nothing to do with the subgroup Islamic Terrorist. Then your defence Is the larger group don't believe everything the sub group believes. At least attempt to be consistant, I know its difficult :rolleyes:

demon_dave said:
right wing, fascist to the core

you moron. How are they fascist? Fascism denies religion in favour of the state, muslim extremists deny the state in favour of religion. complete opposites in ideaology.

Qsaint said:
You say the larger group Islamist has nothing to do with the subgroup Islamic Terrorist. Then your defence Is the larger group don't believe everything the sub group believes. At least attempt to be consistant, I know its difficult :rolleyes:

Don't try and shift the topic. You cannot use an issue with Islamic terrorists to somehow sneak it into a wider point about Islamism. The acts of Islamic terorists cannot be somehow used to make a representative point about Islam.

Abbott once flirted with suicide by cop with his Putin shirtfront comments

Surely one of the dumbest utterances ever. He even said it wrong which suggests it was a planned comment

Of course there's have been a few right wing bombers as well as using other extreme violent means

As there have been similar extreme left acts

I still see the religious fundamentalism as right wing. But that's just me

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back