It's not that bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes agree...he's humble, hard worker...likeable...I suppose if that's a redeeming footy skill!
He's a good kick...I wish him well...I don't see it in him to be a GUN!
Like my previous post...maybe...if he's surrounded by stars...
Just lacks that fire in the belly/urgency to be a stand alone star/gun playa!
Think you might have wanted Graham as captain from memory…

I'd be okay with what's happening now if I had any idea on what the **** we were trying to do. But it seems now we have no idea and the club are just waiting until Gale leaves and older players retire before "oh shit, I guess we actually have to do something now."
We are in no man's land just waiting for the inevitable instead of doing anything about it.

The minute the club fails to review the whole of the FD and Fitness crew they're living in lala land. Our list is also old, slow and full of kids with bigger question marks than a VCE Physics exam. We need to delist all duds, trade players, retire off golden oldies and most importantly stop drinking our own bath water from 17-20 as we will end up being non destination club again and losing membership which equals money.
You need to be more glass half full TI.
Love your passion but Going by your summation club should delist the entire squad and start again.
5 weeks ago we beat the top team and we couldn’t praise the list.
We just currently don’t have the balance of youth and experience.
Give it time

You need to be more glass half full TI.
Love your passion but Going by your summation club should delist the entire squad and start again.
5 weeks ago we beat the top team and we couldn’t praise the list.
We just currently don’t have the balance of youth and experience.
Give it time
Thanks, but not the entire list as realistically speaking there’s enough retirees this season with trades and maybe the one or two list cloggers.
I see. around 8-10 guys who could go.
Retirements
Dusty Grimes Pickett kmac Prestia

Trades
Short Baker

Delistings
Dow Naismith Banks Colina

I would like kosi to go, but we gave him three years
Cumberland on thin ice

Last edited:
Thanks, but not the entire list as realistically speaking there’s enough retirees this season with trades and maybe the one or two list cloggers.
Retirements
Dusty Grimes Pickett kmac

Trades
Short Baker

Delistings
Dow Naismith Babks

If Dow remains at the club don’t be surprised if he ends up with more games at Richmond than Hopper .

I can't see this as being a quick fix. Will need at least 2 decent drafts to steer this side into the right direction. Unlike North however we have a good decent core of players who still have 5 or 6 years left of footy so it will help us turn things around.
I know it’s a bit simplistic. but it’s the gap in age between the players we get in the next 2 drafts and the current A graders who are 26 and above (that we can keep). By the time the players from the next 2 drafts hit their peak the current older good ones are past theirs. That’s why it could take 7 plus years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be okay with what's happening now if I had any idea on what the heck we were trying to do. But it seems now we have no idea and the club are just waiting until Gale leaves and older players retire before "oh s**t, I guess we actually have to do something now."
We are in no man's land just waiting for the inevitable instead of doing anything about it.
No off field leadership and no on field leadership

I know it’s a bit simplistic. but it’s the gap in age between the players we get in the next 2 drafts and the current A graders who are 26 and above (that we can keep). By the time the players from the next 2 drafts hit their peak the current older good ones are past theirs. That’s why it could take 7 plus years

yeah nah, think your time line is skewed too far out. Something could happen in 3-4 years depending on who we draft in the next couple of years

Being young doesn’t necessarily mean being good.
I haven’t seen many of the kids under 21 even remotely look like they are going to have 150-game careers.

Rewind 3-4 years ago, and tell me which Cat youngsters looked the goods? Net Minnut they have the following players 26yo or younger:

Z Guthrie
Dempsey
Holmes
O Henry
Neale
Bruhn
SDK
Miers
Stengle
Close
Bowes
J Clark

End of 2020, players above were either not there or looked really average. The only youngsters end of 2020 i thought were quality were Parfitt and J Henry. Since then another dozen have emerged.

I wouldn’t worry about any age cut-off like 21yo etc… it’s more about getting a core of 21-26yo to take us forward. Many players will mature later than others.

Our dynasty teams were absolutely littered with late bloomers who either weren’t on the list or looked like being busts prior to their 21st B’Day (Astbury, Lambert, Edwards, Nank, Soldo, Pickett, Short, Broad, Baker, McIntosh, Grimes).

So I’d not be concerned until the likes of Campbell, Hugo, Mansell, MRJ, Brown, Dow etc… have played 50+ games, irrespective of age. That’s when players start hitting their stride …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's not that bad wtf its even worse than most are willing to admit .

Have a close look at the people in influential positions

Mickey bloody Rourke FMD
Brendon no vision No goals Gale
Louie Mangler Meehan
Adam clueless Oze

Match that with a list thats full of injury prone players

Old players hanging around too long .

This club was the best in nearly all areas not that long ago but by f..k incompetence has spread incredibly quickly throughout .

yeah nah, think your time line is skewed too far out. Something could happen in 3-4 years depending on who we draft in the next couple of years
Maybe. But Vlastuin gone by then. Assuming we haven’t traded then to get better picks in next 2 years - Taranto and Baker 30 and Rioli and Hopper 31 in 3/4 years. Our players seem to fall off a cliff at 30. That leaves Balta at 28 and Bolton at 29. Really need 3-4 of the Gibcus year draftees to be rated A or B+ to bounce back quickly in 3-4 years.

You would have said the same about the Adelaide Crows FC in 2019-20-21. But a few class draftees, Thilthorpe, Rachele, a couple of moderate picks looking really good, Soligo, Michelanney, a couple of gun mature recruits, Rankine, Dawson, a few "finds" amongst the pre-existing players, Laird to midfield, Keays to forward line, a couple of formerly good players re-surging Walker, Crouch, and general improvement from a load of other moderate looking youngsters as they mature, and voila, you have a list that can contend. Like us they are probably not having loads of luck with some key injuries. But over the next 2 off seasons we should at least get a chance to match the Rachele-Thilthorpe-Rankine-Dawson part of their recruiting. And there is a hell of a lot more talent sitting on our list now than they were sitting on 2 years ago.

Cornes said the Crows team of 2021 was the worst they’d fielded in their 32-year history:

Had we not been absolutely gutted by injury I reckon we win 8-10 games , still tho with a shaky future ,,,r2 we beat swans , TT bog with 35p , lynch with 3G , Balta ,,,,they haven’t played together since
It’s a shit sandwich and genuinely puts a cloud over our season for us nuffys . But it’s a recession we had to have , it’s our first genuine oppo to replenish top end talent which is what sets u up . 3 x r1 pics will be immense , am looking forward to how Blair attacks this , we re in good hands

Retirements
Dusty Grimes Pickett kmac

Trades
Short Baker

Delistings
Dow Naismith Banks

They are not delisting Dow or Banks.

I’m not sure why Dow is the whipping boy. He’s a small bodied midfielder playing in a crud team with barely a big body around him. He shows enough most weeks for me to be confident he will continue to improve and become a quality player.

If most people had their way Hugo would be gone. Miller would be gone. Ross would be gone. MRJ would be gone. (I’ll admit I’d lost hope with MRJ before this year).

We just have to give these guys 50+ games before consigning them to the scrap heap. Whatever they are producing now, will be vastly inferior to what they’ll be producing when more seasoned players and 50 games under their belts.

They are not delisting Dow or Banks.

I’m not sure why Dow is the whipping boy. He’s a small bodied midfielder playing in a crud team with barely a big body around him. He shows enough most weeks for me to be confident he will continue to improve and become a quality player.

If most people had their way Hugo would be gone. Miller would be gone. Ross would be gone. MRJ would be gone. (I’ll admit I’d lost hope with MRJ before this year).

We just have to give these guys 50+ games before consigning them to the scrap heap. Whatever they are producing now, will be vastly inferior to what they’ll be producing when more seasoned players and 50 games under their belts.

I supported all the others, but everything you’ve said about the first two doesn’t give me confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back