Game Day Its raining Cats & Dogs, well, not really as it will be under the roof. 7:50pm Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well kick off a game day thread. For once Im not feeling like a regular loss to the Cats is on the cards and we'll get across the line.

B Smith is back with Sweet being omitted.

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Have a feeling Naughton will get a hold of De Koning. SDK will be real good but the hype machine is in over drive after only 12 games, none of which he has been an absolute stand out.

I like the look of our backline with Keath, Gardy and TOB. Throw in Duryea and it's our second most experienced line.

They're going to need to limit Hawkins and Cameron if we are to be any chance.

Have a feeling Naughton will get a hold of De Koning. SDK will be real good but the hype machine is in over drive after only 12 games, none of which he has been an absolute stand out.

The problem is that they have plenty of experienced tall coverage down back to rotate through Naughton if he looks like getting hold of De Koning.

Its a massive show of confidence in the kid setting him for the crucial task of playing on a KPF who is as good on the ground as he is in the air.

Last edited:
This is our biggest H&A game since I can remember. Friday night, big crowd (hopefully), mortal enemy that has caused us a decade of pain. Surely ‘tonight’s the kind of night….’

We’re Top 3 for shots at goal this season, so I think our fwd half game is pretty strong and our mids are firing on all cylinders.

I think if we’re going to lose tonight, it’ll be if our defenders s**t the bed like they did last week. Letting WC kick the score they did when we probably would’ve kept them to only a few was concerning. Coupled with the fact we’re up against the best 1-2 punch in the comp, I’m not filled with as much confidence with that line as I normally would be.

Season defining game this one. A little nervous!

Nope. Not letting myself get optimistic this year. Cats by plenty...

(Doggies by 30pts. Shhhh.)
My son just reminded me what happened in 2021. We lost Naughton in the first quarter so Bruce was a lone hand in the forward line, alongside our sub McLean who played a great game.

Noticeable absences Dunks and Treloar both out injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a tad worried about tonight. Just seems like we might not get there in the end. So I decided to give an extra boost to the boys by ordering my Lucky Meal from a fish 'n chips shop(a new one) - a half dozen fried oysters in batter, two potato cakes and a pickled onion. A bit fancy, but I DID live in the Eastern suburbs for a number of years last century! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back