J. Brayshaw - what about we say thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw was terrific for our club. Without him we may be a failing Gold Coast "franchise". He has helped the club grow beyond belief. It is now time for Buckley to take the torch and get the club success where Brayshaw couldn't on the field.

No our club would of died the moment it relocated.

When we look back at that year where we were just about gift wrapped to the GC - we will see what great work was done to keep us here.
I thank all involved cos supporting a team isn't saying I follow NM , it's going to games and we have that opportunity to do this.

Thank you JB, RJ, scanlon and others.

It's actually scary knowing where Gold Coast are at as a organisation knowing it could have easily been us. I know we would have had a stronger foundation, but it wouldn't be the club as we know it and I'm don't mean just relocation.

Thanks JB!

It confirms what all of us were arguing at the time - Gold Coast is where franchises in all sports go to die. Well done JB - I will never forget you killing it at the Dallas Brookes Hall rally. We owe you all gratitude and respect.

Looking forward to Buckley kicking a few heads - starting with our Senior Coach

I'd like to give a shout out to someone who isn't very popular these days. Damian Barrett. He,along with RoCo, was the only PRINT journo who took on the tidal wave of pro Gold Coasters.

EFA Groucho. Mark Fine was immense throughout also, batting away the naysayers and pro GC crew with reckless abandon on our behalf, helping to dispel the mythical rivers of gold promises from AFL HQ and rousing the troops for the fight required.

Thanks to JB also (as it's his thread).

Unless you're a sycophant or from SE Europe you're not going to concur with every club decision made by James Brayshaw.

But credit where it's due he represented a group of eclectic individuals who dragged a gritty spirited club into the 21st century.

There was a time we couldn't even call the club by it's proper name let alone watching it about to be gutted for spare parts in 2007.

Thanks for being part of stopping that JB :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

EFA Groucho. Mark Fine was immense throughout also, batting away the naysayers and pro GC crew with reckless abandon on our behalf, helping to dispel the mythical rivers of gold promises from AFL HQ and rousing the troops for the fight required.

Thanks to JB also (as it's his thread).

and RoCo who would belittle callers who said that Melbourne has too many sides

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to give a shout out to someone who isn't very popular these days. Damian Barrett. He,along with RoCo, was the only journo who took on the tidal wave of pro Gold Coasters. Some of his articles were brilliant and a real thorn in the AFL's side, particularly those that broke down the financial assistance package to show that it wasn't anywhere nearly as good or as generous as some would have us believe.
I worked closely with Damo at the time - you are spot on. Playing a different media role now compared to when he was a Hun journo. I have sung his praises before. His help to WANM was immense but I must say we briefed him well - back to love for Joseph and Smith.

I'll give you an unsung hero, Dean Laidley and the players.

Coming off a bottom three finish in 2006, losing our full forward before the season started, had we turned out that kind of result in 2007, we would be on the Gold Coast. The team's performance in 2007 gave some belief, rather than having us look like a lost cause playing out of demountable buildings.

It took a lot of people to keep North South. But JB is the one who has just moved on, so let's focus on him for a minute.

When I sat in my car that day in December 2007, waiting to hear the result of the vote, JB became the voice of the decision to stay. And when he strode onto the stage at Dallas Brooks Hall that night, he became the face.

We Are North Melbourne. Pipe dreams come true. Thanks, James.

JB put his balls on the line and he leaves mission complete. We will be forever grateful.

It's up to us now to keep buying memberships, keep promoting the club to neutrals so they become members and keep turning up to games.

Long live the mighty North Melbourne Kangaroos!

I'll give you an unsung hero, Dean Laidley and the players.

Coming off a bottom three finish in 2006, losing our full forward before the season started, had we turned out that kind of result in 2007, we would be on the Gold Coast. The team's performance in 2007 gave some belief, rather than having us look like a lost cause playing out of demountable buildings.
Spot on. The players and coaching staff absolutely upheld their end of the bargain, including a number of them who turned up to the Roosistence gig against club orders.

To say that I was not a fan of JB prior to that night at Dallas Brooks Hall would be an understatement. However, the passion and conviction with which he spoke proved that he was more than just some light weight TV talking head with a sh*t haircut. I don't agree with everything he's done during his tenure but I have no doubt that he is a North person to the core and he is very deserving of our gratitude for his work to make the club a viable part of the Melbourne footy landscape over the past decade.

I'm so glad we didn't go to the Gold Coast, the place is full of flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB you're a legend of the club. Thanks for working so hard and making NMFC a club with huge potential and more importantly secure for many years to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It took a lot of people to keep North South. But JB is the one who has just moved on, so let's focus on him for a minute.

When I sat in my car that day in December 2007, waiting to hear the result of the vote, JB became the voice of the decision to stay. And when he strode onto the stage at Dallas Brooks Hall that night, he became the face.

We Are North Melbourne. Pipe dreams come true. Thanks, James.
No question about that. JB lead the dream.

JB put his balls on the line and he leaves mission complete. We will be forever grateful.

It's up to us now to keep buying memberships, keep promoting the club to neutrals so they become members and keep turning up to games.

Long live the mighty North Melbourne Kangaroos!

He had absolutely nothing to gain professionally by taking the AFL on - a truly selfless act - particularly when you consider how shithouse his nearest predecessors as President where

svDUFF,0.jpg

Last edited:
Did a mostly fantastic job from start to finish.

Leaves the club in an excellent position.

:thumbsu:

Last edited:
It confirms what all of us were arguing at the time - Gold Coast is where franchises in all sports go to die. Well done JB - I will never forget you killing it at the Dallas Brookes Hall rally. We owe you all gratitude and respect.

Looking forward to Buckley kicking a few heads - starting with our Senior Coach
He won't BS will be Still the coach in a years time as he is BS who likes to BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back