Injury Jack Anthony injured in NEAFL game (now cleared of serious)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think his Dad was John Anthony Snr. A policeman up in Qld IIRC. Hence John Anthony the player was referred to as Jack. His Dad posted pretty passionately on here for a while until I suspect he was dissuaded from doing so by the club.

IF you are part of the Club you are not allowed on Social Media

If an ambulances comes on the ground and they call the game off, I'm guessing its very serious injury.
There is a bit more to it than that. The ambulance had to park in the car park due to the weather, which fortunately was relatively close to where he was down. And there are time restrictions on the game, and the fourth quarter had to start before 4pm, which wasn't able to happen, by a matter of minutes, so the final quarter was abandoned. Worth noting that the result was a foregone conclusion.

There is a bit more to it than that. The ambulance had to park in the car park due to the weather, which fortunately was relatively close to where he was down. And there are time restrictions on the game, and the fourth quarter had to start before 4pm, which wasn't able to happen, by a matter of minutes, so the final quarter was abandoned. Worth noting that the result was a foregone conclusion.

Perhaps they didn't have trainers confident enough to move him in case of a spinal injury but did Jack seem panicked or agitated or unable to move in anyway? If it involves any paraplegia or quadraplegia it happens instantly and have not heard suggestion of that so fingers crossed all is well and was all precautionary .

If an ambulances comes on the ground and they call the game off, I'm guessing its very serious injury.

Most minor neck injuries are treated the same way, most people don't take any risks these days as they're s**t scared of getting sued.

Not saying Jack's injury is minor, but throwing around "severe neck injury" without actually knowing what the injury is is quite pathetic, Jack's friends and family could be reading that and freak out without even knowing if it's true.

Any updates guys/gals?

Yeah I think his Dad was John Anthony Snr. A policeman up in Qld IIRC. Hence John Anthony the player was referred to as Jack. His Dad posted pretty passionately on here for a while until I suspect he was dissuaded from doing so by the club.
.....or the feral posting on this board about his son.

Good luck to the lad.

Bumped in to him and his dad at a display home in Caroline springs a while back . He sore that I recognized him and insisted on a photo as I was a bit nervous . He was such a good bloke as was his dad . Was definitely a bit disappointed when we let him go .

Didn't he hurt his neck early days for us?

All the best to Jack I hope he is ok.
He hurt his neck very badly in 2007. His dad used to post on here for some time until John was delisted.
He had one magnificent season and won a couple of games off his own boot.
I used to do his thread when we had individual "Buddy Thread" threads in the nest.
"Buddy threads were something we used to do, with an individual poster posting relevant stuff on a specific player each week." Sort of died in the arse once we won in 2010.
I'll try and dig it up if it's still there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His dad stopped posting when some posters took to Jack personally after his delisting from memory.

The "severe" and "serious" injury is a strained ligament.

Has to wear a neck brace at home for a week or two.

Brilliant journalism as usual, the standard click-bait crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back