Game Day Jack Dyer Medal 2018 Thread: Tuesday 2nd Oct.

Who will win the JDM? (Top 12 chances only)

• Josh Caddy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Cotchin

• Shane Edwards

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Kane Lambert

• Alex Rance

• Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Jayden Short

• Nick Vlaustin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dustin Martin

• David Astbury

• Tom Lynch :):)

• Jack Graham

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DogVAyzU4AAVKlX.jpg:large

Shame about the breakdown mid stream
Was quality besides that...great interviews, player insights, packages of plays
All in HD
Audio dodgy but very enjoyable nonetheless

Well done JR8 - deserved winner

Well done to the other members of the top 5...Lambo, Dusty, Shedda and Grimey

They all had great years and the JD count reflects that

Looking at the 6-10 list shows you how deep our quality goes...Rance, Cotchin, Vlas, Short, Caddy, Prestia, Astbury, Nank....all quality...

2018 Jack Dyer Medal top 20

1st Jack Riewoldt, 81 votes
2nd Kane Lambert, 68 votes
3rd Dustin Martin, 66 votes
4th Shane Edwards, 65 votes
5th Dylan Grimes, 64 votes
6th Alex Rance, 63 votes
7th Trent Cotchin, 58 votes
8th Nick Vlastuin, 51 votes
9th Jayden Short, 47 votes
10th Josh Caddy, 45 votes
11th Dion Prestia, 43 votes
12th David Astbury, 42 votes
13th Toby Nankervis, 40 votes
Equal 14th Kamdyn McIntosh, 39 votes
Equal 14th Jason Castagna, 39 votes
16th Jack Higgins, 38 votes
17th Shaun Grigg, 36 votes
18th Dan Butler, 33 votes
19th Nathan Broad, 31 votes
Equal 20th Daniel Rioli, 28 votes
Equal 20th Reece Conca, 28 votes

Do you think Dusty had a better year than Grimes?

It’s all relative isn’t it? The coaches vote after every game and know what they demanded for each week. I think they both had great years and it played out that way. It was so close in voting.

I was hoping for Grimes to win. I know all the players were too. But the votes are the votes and are done during the year. It’s pretty accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Dusty had a better year than Grimes?
When you judge it in isolation then yes, Dusty had a very good year and top three is deserved but if you judge it by his 2017 then he had a shocker.
Sure, I would have been rapt if Dylan won but we were very even all over the ground and there can be no doubt that Jack Riewoldt is a very worthy winner.

It’s all relative isn’t it? The coaches vote after every game and know what they demanded for each week. I think they both had great years and it played out that way. It was so close in voting.

I was hoping for Grimes to win. I know all the players were too. But the votes are the votes and are done during the year. It’s pretty accurate.
Makes it even more puzzling to be honest.
Can't remember Grimes ever getting beaten.
Unless part of the demands was to kick goals.:D

Makes it even more puzzling to be honest.
Can't remember Grimes ever getting beaten.
Unless part of the demands was to kick goals.:D

I guess coaches have requirements that are more scaled in importance. Was Dusty’s ball winning and goal assists more valued than Grimes stopping an average forward on occasions? I guess so.

I couldn't watch it live, and have watched the four speeches on the RFC website from Peggy, Dimma, Cotch & JR8. Would like to see some of the other speeches and mostly the full coverage (even if the audio is out of sync), but my guess is that this isn't possible to watch in Video On Demand format?

Good speech by Damien.
We need to regain the hunger of the 2017 pre-season.
I remember reading when the Western Bulldogs had the shock loss in the 2015 elimination final, when they were favourites, Beveridge did an exhaustive match analysis, presenting 80 errors to the group.

Other awards...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-02/2018-jdm-other-awards

Star Richmond defender Dylan Grimes has won the Francis Bourke Award for the second year in-a-row.

Grimes received the prestigious award at tonight’s gala 2018 Jack Dyer Medal function.

The Francis Bourke Award, named in honour of Richmond’s five-time premiership hero and Club ‘Immortal’, is determined by the Tigers’ current-day playing group.

Each week throughout the season, the playing group cast votes on a 3-2-1 basis for the players that best uphold their trademarks values of awareness, united, relentless and discipline.

Awareness is the players’ ability to look outside of themselves and focus on their teammates.

Being Disciplined and United is playing your role for the benefit of the team. It also is about showing adherence to the game plan and structures the coaches have put in place.

Relentless is constantly being bold in attacking the game in offense, and as the ball carrier in defence, regardless of the score.

Grimes again played a crucial role in Richmond’s line-up during season 2018 through his ability to consistently negate the opposition’s dangerous forwards, as well as turning defence into attack from strong interceptions.

3_TR170918MD0006.JPG

Here are the other 2018 Jack Dyer Medal night award winners . . .

Bill Cosgrove-Harry Jenkins Best First Year Player Award – Jack Higgins

Higgins took out the Cosgrove-Jenkins award following an excellent debut season of AFL football with Richmond.

The talented, young, small forward/midfielder, who was the Tigers’ first pick (No. 17 overall) in the 2017 AFL National Draft, played 20 games, averaged 16.2 disposals per match and kicked 15 goals, including the competition’s Goal of the Year against Collingwood in Round 19.

4_P1RiCo18MW1356.JPG

Among the competition’s rising stars, he was ranked No. 1 for contested possessions, No. 1 for goal assists, No. 1 for score involvements per game, No. 5 for disposals and No. 5 for stoppage clearances.

Higgins received an AFL Rising Star nomination following his impressive Round 18 performance against St Kilda.

Michael Roach Medal (leading goalkicker award) – Jack Riewoldt

Guinane Medal (VFL Best and Fairest award) – Anthony Miles

David Mandie Community Award – Reece Conca

VFLW Best and Fairest – Jessica Kennedy

I watched the video highlights.
It was good to see Kevin Sheedy attended the event.
They should invite Mick Malthouse too.
He is one of our premiership player champions.
Unceremoniously dumped by Collingwood as coach, the year after he took them to a Grand Final.

Back