Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFC Media reporting that young Jack has had a one year contract extension. Well deserved on his form in the limited number of games he played. I'll be interested to see him develop over the pre-season and particularly under new coaching staff.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, he didn't get an extension... simply his contract expired at the end of 2021, and he was only offered a one year deal to play on in 2022.

Clearly has a long way to go, defensive efforts need to improve considerably but he has some strong skills.

Bloke is a natural forward. Leave him there to develop with Ash Johnston/Henry/McCreery and the usual suspects.

Agree

We need to build a Gunston/Breust/Puopolo/Roughead like chemistry with our forwards.

I’m so sick of reading on these forums of players having to play another position for no reason. Yea great for versatility.

However best position usually trumps versatility more often than not.

Buckley fell into this trap with a few moves of players. Moore, Phillips, Stevo, Hosk

Yeah I understand Checkers has made a career of swapping positions. However not every player has this knack. Can really mess with a players confidence by swapping around

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s clearly a forward but he did look comfortable and had great vision at times when he got the ball through the middle.

I wouldn’t be opposed to him rolling up into the middle at times, especially where he needs to get involved. Small forward can be starvation corner at times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You jest but he was a Hawks supporter before being drafted. Not sure it was his gym.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Correct. Believe the richmond stuff was more... Dusty stuff, since he knows him, they are from the same town. And they have hung out a couple times.

Would anyone know why we would only give him one year and not two? Would hate to lose young talent like Jack if he gets a much longer & better offer end of next year.

Would anyone know why we would only give him one year and not two? Would hate to lose young talent like Jack if he gets a much longer & better offer end of next year.
I’m not sure tbh considering we gave both browns and Murphy two year deals… I think ginni has a lot of potential, still raw but another 2 years or so and he could be very handy player.

I'm assuming its part of the rules being on the rookie list?
It's not. Mihocek got a multi year extension after his first rookie year. He's now inline with the rest of his draft group who got two years to begin with - probably on a similar deal, which seems fair enough.

It's not. Mihocek got a multi year extension after his first rookie year. He's now inline with the rest of his draft group who got two years to begin with - probably on a similar deal, which seems fair enough.
Ah okay.
well next year he may get the multi year deal.

Even Bianco only got 1 year extension. Maybe about more working with the cap. Hard to say.

Ah okay.
well next year he may get the multi year deal.

Even Bianco only got 1 year extension. Maybe about more working with the cap. Hard to say.
I like it. Ginnivan looks good. Bianco looks OK. Josh Daicos is pretty good. Sidey is still pretty good. But the issue is how many small one paced flankers can you have in a team. Hine has overloaded on that player type and they can't all be long term players for us.

I like it. Ginnivan looks good. Bianco looks OK. Josh Daicos is pretty good. Sidey is still pretty good. But the issue is how many small one paced flankers can you have in a team. Hine has overloaded on that player type and they can't all be long term players for us.
different players.
Sidey only a few years left. Ginni is a small forward. The other two.. thats not their natural positions, so I don't view them all the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You jest but he was a Hawks supporter before being drafted. Not sure it was his gym.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a bit older now, but the post was originally hot on the heels of the O’Donnell Insta controversy. The amount of serious replies on how he idolises Dusty surprised me.

The kids a jet and I just hope he works on his body this off-season to allow him to lift his impact off the ball. If that reaches anything close to what he can do when he has it then he can have a Stephenson year 1 level impact next year by kicking 30+ goals. The reason I say that is not because Stephenson had a defensive impact, but rather I don’t think he gets game time in McRae’s system without that lifting.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, he didn't get an extension... simply his contract expired at the end of 2021, and he was only offered a one year deal to play on in 2022.

Clearly has a long way to go, defensive efforts need to improve considerably but he has some strong skills.

Seems to me that getting re-signed for another year at the end of his maiden contract is by definition an extension but happy for you to enlighten us as to why it wouldn’t be.

Over half the list is <50 games and something like 30 players ooc at the end of 2022 so I’d guess they’ll be looking for a few to stake a claim on 2023 and beyond. Probably more so given the changes in the footy department.

Yeah... it's not about when it ends, it's about the length.

Clearly you don't offer your best youth a 1 year only deal.
Bianco only had a 1 year extension too.

Maybe it was part managing the salary until 2022, maybe in part because these players are young and not yet proven themselves. I'm sure his next contract will be more than a year. It probably doesn't bother him too much, given he was given the chance from the rookie list.

Bianco only had a 1 year extension too.

Maybe it was part managing the salary until 2022, maybe in part because these players are young and not yet proven themselves. I'm sure his next contract will be more than a year. It probably doesn't bother him too much, given he was given the chance from the rookie list.

I think that's because Bianco struggled a lot at AFL level, and doesn't have many weapons going forward.

The 1 year contract is because they're close to being delisted but club is giving them 1 more chance

I think that's because Bianco struggled a lot at AFL level, and doesn't have many weapons going forward.

The 1 year contract is because they're close to being delisted but club is giving them 1 more chance
Not really. Plenty of rookies get 1 year contracts. Has played a few games, its understandable. Probably once he becomes a regular in the side he'll get a longer contract. I doubt ge is losing sleep over whether its 1 or 2 years.

I didn't think Bianco struggled at all. Especially for basically a 1st year player at afl level, I felt he adapted pretty well, playing up forward. His weapon would be his sublime ball use. Knows how to bring others into the game. A couple extra pre-seasons was only gonna help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back