Jack Macrae is the new Western Bulldogs VC

Remove this Banner Ad

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
An ultimate team man, Macrae couldn’t be more thrilled to be named as the Bulldogs’ vice-captain.
“It honestly means the world to me,” Macrae said.
“It’s such a privilege every week to pull on this jumper and play with our group. To be in this position, it’s certainly not lost on me.
“I am really excited about what this group can do over the next few years and beyond. I can’t wait to work with Marcus and the other leaders in building what we have started.”

image0.jpg

Congratulations to Macrae, and to Daniel, Duryea, and Naughton for their elevation to the leadership group.

Awesome news and very much deserved. Would expect a new contact announcement before round 1 as well for the great man.

Who was in the leadership group last year? Did we have one or was it just Bont/Wallis/“everyone’s a leader”?
Just Wallis in 2021. The year before it was Wood, JJ, Dunks and Hunter (VC). With us returning to a more traditional set up, I'd assume Hunter's drink driving and Dunks' trade request have a lot to do with them dropping out, while JJ it may just come down to wanting to focus on his own game since he's teetering on the edge of the 22.

Interesting picks. Wouldn't have thought Naughton would be in the leadership group so soon. Duryea is an obvious choice. Well done Macrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skin cancer is a killer. Be like Bev, kids. Be sun smart.

View attachment 1323380
The crime wave in Ballarat of recent times often features similarly-attired culprits purloining alcohol from retail outlets, vehicles that don't belong to them, etc.
Bevo, if you know where it is, I want my ute back.

The crime wave in Ballarat of recent times often features similarly-attired culprits purloining alcohol from retail outlets, vehicles that don't belong to them, etc.
Bevo, if you know where it is, I want my ute back.
I hope you're ok with some slight modifications.

28661438_1472525606189537_2836214626377531392_n.jpeg

Interesting picks. Wouldn't have thought Naughton would be in the leadership group so soon. Duryea is an obvious choice. Well done Macrae.
With Bont and Jack as the midfield leaders and Duryea and Caleb as appointed backline leaders, it's likely they wanted a forward as the last member of the leadership group and Naughts filled the bill.

With Bont and Jack as the midfield leaders and Duryea and Caleb as appointed backline leaders, it's likely they wanted a forward as the last member of the leadership group and Naughts filled the bill.

100% would have been Bruce if he was fit I reckon. Naughton is stepping into Bruce's shoes this year to lead our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back