Jaidyn Stephenson - how good can he be?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s simply not an area that we need to improve on and if it were, there are far better HBFers than Lloyd to go after.
Maybe so. I don't really understand it personally, not having a go at all mate but who would you go for on HBF if you were to target someone, Lloyd is a good player, most teams would take him.

Maybe so. I don't really understand it personally, not having a go at all mate but who would you go for on HBF if you were to target someone, Lloyd is a good player, most teams would take him.
At the end of the day, it is all speculation. We are speculating about a potential trade target for a speculated trade target. Moore hasn’t even said he wants to leave Collingwood and nothing indicates he is leaving.

At the end of the day, it is all speculation. We are speculating about a potential trade target for a speculated trade target. Moore hasn’t even said he wants to leave Collingwood and nothing indicates he is leaving.
Moore could definitely have a bright future, at times the kid has looked good. But offer me that trade and I'd snap your hand off.

Stephenson and Hoskin-Elliott seem to be complementing each other. Having two mid size, lead up marking players with elite pace is proving a difficult match up.
Do you rekon the pies will develop him into a mid or Wingmen later on?

Do you rekon the pies will develop him into a mid or Wingmen later on?

Maybe. At 77kg though, might need some size and strength to compete up the field. Saying that, he had 7 scoring shots on the weekend and fluffed a few other chances, a bit cleaner and he has a big bag. Hopefully we don't need him up the ground to soon he is great to watch up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore could definitely have a bright future, at times the kid has looked good. But offer me that trade and I'd snap your hand off.
That's why you spend your time posting on BigFooty and not at an AFL clubs draft/trade strategy team.

If you think we'd even consider a straight swap for Lloyd you've got rocks in your head.

Clear Rising Star winner right now. Best talent wise in the draft too.
I have a bit to do with Eastern, his TAC Club. He was dazzling in his first game as a long haired 15yo. He has just improved yearly. Should have been #1 pick fwiw; but his former teammate, Adam Cerra, is also a massive talent, in the Pendlebury mould.Would love to see them in a tie for RS. Has it ever happened? Can it happen?

Last edited:
I have a bit to do with Easter, his TAC Club. He was dazzling in his first game as a long haired 15yo. He has just improved yearly. Should have been #1 pick fwiw; but his former teammate, Adam Cerra, is also a massive talent, in the Pendlebury mould.Would love to see them in a tie for RS. Has it ever happened? Can it happen?

A tie is possible but I understand that if the total votes are even it is based on a countback of how many 5's, 4's etc.
if all of those numbers are identical, I guess it would be a tie.

Although I want to see him win, it obviously is unimportant in the grand scheme.

And after Lewis Taylor beat Bont, clearly the award lost most of its credibility.

A tie is possible but I understand that if the total votes are even it is based on a countback of how many 5's, 4's etc.
if all of those numbers are identical, I guess it would be a tie.

Although I want to see him win, it obviously is unimportant in the grand scheme.

And after Lewis Taylor beat Bont, clearly the award lost most of its credibility.

Yeah ridiculous the player that had a better season won the award.

I have a bit to do with Eastern, his TAC Club. He was dazzling in his first game as a long haired 15yo. He has just improved yearly. Should have been #1 pick fwiw; but his former teammate, Adam Cerra, is also a massive talent, in the Pendlebury mould.Would love to see them in a tie for RS. Has it ever happened? Can it happen?
It won't be a draw. Stephenson will win. Cerra is too I know but Stevo is pretty far ahead now.

Them both are the Pendlebury/Thomas of 05.

Does anyone know what the directives given to voters are? E.g. The player most likely to go on to be a ‘star’, or the player who has had the best overall season? If it’s the former I’d say Stephenson has to be the front runner. If it’s the latter then probably Doedee is a whisker in front.

Ridiculous that anyone could draw that conclusion.

Some may say it was a head office directive to give a struggling Northern club some positive news. I wouldn't say that though.

Could be right. We'd be really struggling right now if he didn't win the rising star award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back