Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allegedly placed bet on himself to kick the most goals in a match according to Fox

If true and he bet on himself then you would think any punishment would be at the higher end of the spectrum.

Just think. We lose a game because young Jaiden is selfishly taking shots from all the wrong places instead of doing the team thing.

Yes he is young. Yes people do make mistakes. But this is not a mistake if it is true. This is just plain stupid. Any 18+ year old who has grown up wanting to play AFLand has been through the induction process would know this is not on. To know and ignore it is just ridiculous.

The Age is updating this story on a regular basis, and seems to be having trouble nailing the facts. Like most of us.

But in their latest report they describe Stevo as being 'distraught'.

Stuff it, now I cant help but feel sorry for him. And us. And the club. So much unneccesary pain and anguish from a stupid act.

Last edited:
I’m going to stay unemotional about this and praise the Lord Buckley Almighy that this has happened so early in his career (and in the season). Hopefully the humiliation is a serious wake up call.

It’s the kind of charge that should draw a lesser penalty for a first offence but we know it doesn’t work like that. Even though he allegedly bet on himself, he didn’t bet on himself to play poorly so at least he can’t be accused of anything worse than stupidity and narcissism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What been said there is Real Possibly that Stephenson has played his last game in 2019

No there isnt. Shaw got 8 weeks, a fine, and a suspended sentence for a bet that was equally as innocuous and stupid. Stevo will get no more than that and probably less given the circumstances and his relative inexperience.

If he was betting on another player to top the goalkicking or his team to lose then the situation would have been altogether different, as then it would stray into match fixing territory. Luckily from what we know its not of that scale

Last edited:
They say he came forward and fessed up - this ,if true ,will weigh heavily in his favour when the sentence is handed down -if we are going on precedent then he'll do a few weeks at worst and cop a heavy fine.

**** me he's 20 years old. Let him make mistakes and pay his dues.
This is a pretty poor mistake to make.

How anyone could think it’s okay to gamble on a match that they’re playing in is beyond me. Let alone the fact that it’s such little reward for such a huge risk from someone that will have such great earnings capacity in the next few years.

I truly hope there’s no truth to the rumour, and that there’s some kind of misunderstanding. This to me, if as cut and dry as the rumours make it out to be, trumps the stupidity of the Thomas/Keeffe/Murray situations though.

Why's everyone going Bonkers when the last few just got fines?

That's what im wondering. I guess its always good as a supporter to play the pessimist card so you aren't disappointed when he gets more.

Could be worse , he could have told everyone they were going to hell on twitter

Pages and pages devoted to a rumour and a slap on the wrist for the kid....there ARE actually other things happening in the world

Lets not go BALLISTIC on the kid. He made a mistake, he'll learn and come back even better (a fine will do). He got the tats, he's had a bet....what's next a drink ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back