Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most exciting young player we have had since a youngster from Drouin burst on to the scene. I recall the similarly scrawny Daisy barreling one through in one of his first games... I am pretty sure it was in the Anzac Day game. good times

Daisy had a bigger marking highlights reel, but Stevo is much more of a complete team-minded player. Stevo’s knocks to advantage, blocks, tackles, assists, turning his man inside out put him ahead of Daisy IMO.

Daisy had a bigger marking highlights reel, but Stevo is much more of a complete team-minded player. Stevo’s knocks to advantage, blocks, tackles, assists, turning his man inside out put him ahead of Daisy IMO.

Daisy won the Bob Rose medal in 2010.. best player in the finals series. You don't win that medal for being individualistic and that re.

Daisy won the Bob Rose medal in 2010.. best player in the finals series. You don't win that medal for being individualistic and that re.

That was Daisy’s 5th season but?

Compare Daisy as a second year player versus Stevo as a second year player.

*As things stand* Stevo could play his 50th game in his second season.

He won't get dropped, so if his body holds up and we play 2 finals he could get there. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

I don't even think speckies will remain in Daisy's favour. He's got sticky fingers and is beginning to launch at the footy. I think they're just around the corner for Stephenson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The young bloke has so much potential in a number of areas - 30 plus goals in his first season and not missing a game, slightly different role this year but still a handful for opponents. If he adds the speccy to his bag of tricks then he is Brownlow material.

Best part was the coaches reaction when he kicked the torpedo, it showed that the players can play with flair without fear

Last edited:
After last week's Dons v. Swans game, in which I was rueing the untimely demise of the Torpedo from our game, who else but one of our own shining young guns steps forward and blasts a 60m+ bomb to happily prove me wrong.

YES, Stepho! Go you good thing! Take note, you other dumb players - that's the kick you use when you're outside 50 and want to make sure you have a chance for a goal and even win a match. And didn't Bucks just enjoy it too. Great moment.
His ball drop got me, i didnt realise he barrelled it till it came off his boot, i think that added to the surprise

The young bloke has so much potential in a number of areas - 30 plus goals in his first season and not missing a game, slightly different role this year but still a handful for opponents. If he adds the speccy to his bag of tricks then he is Brownlow material.
I think Degoey is a very very good forward, but I think Stephenson will be better.

I don't even think speckies will remain in Daisy's favour. He's got sticky fingers and is beginning to launch at the footy. I think they're just around the corner for Stephenson.

There were a couple of moments yesterday where I thought he looked like he wanted to launch himself into the pack, but then stayed down. Given how important he is to our forward line once the ball hits the deck, I suppose he'll have to choose his moments carefully...or just unload the occasional barrel in order to get the exuberance out of his system.

Daisy is a good comparison, and there isn't much in them both at the moment.

Daisy more impact defensively, Stevo greater scoreboard impact. Not much in it really. I think people forget how good Daisy was early in his career.

Checkers represents wasted talent everywhere really, this points to poorly run or financed recruitment departments.

His attributes are obvious and he played in a successful VFL side, there really are no excuses for him being overlooked by everyone (including us) for as long as he was.
Maybe they could not see past his gigantic thighs?

Must be the best in the AFL.

There were a couple of moments yesterday where I thought he looked like he wanted to launch himself into the pack, but then stayed down. Given how important he is to our forward line once the ball hits the deck, I suppose he'll have to choose his moments carefully...or just unload the occasional barrel in order to get the exuberance out of his system.

Exactly, time and place for everything and he certainly shows good judgement in that regard.

he just is quality.

The dynamic he brings...

Wonderful foil for the talls and De Goey.

The kids boardering ‘elite’ status in only his second season. Will become a gun midfield in the next 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back