Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty poor mistake to make.

How anyone could think it’s okay to gamble on a match that they’re playing in is beyond me. Let alone the fact that it’s such little reward for such a huge risk from someone that will have such great earnings capacity in the next few years.

I truly hope there’s no truth to the rumour, and that there’s some kind of misunderstanding. This to me, if as cut and dry as the rumours make it out to be, trumps the stupidity of the Thomas/Keeffe/Murray situations though.

Only exceeded by the stiupidity of your post!!!

In no circumstance is a harmless $50 bet more stupid than breaching the drug rules and attracting a two year ban, especially when you werent even intending to cheat.

Nobody here is implying that Stephenson is a bad kid but this is a bad judgement error if ever there was one.

I'd assume that the 2 things that players would be educated the most on are (a) performance enhancing drugs and (b) gambling.

The size of the bet is only relevant up to a point, he messed up.

If true and he bet on himself then you would think any punishment would be at the higher end of the spectrum.

Just think. We lose a game because young Jaiden is selfishly taking shots from all the wrong places instead of doing the team thing.

Yes he is young. Yes people do make mistakes. But this is not a mistake if it is true. This is just plain stupid. Any 18+ year old who has grown up wanting to play AFLand has been through the induction process would know this is not on. To know and ignore it is just ridiculous.
I’d suggest betting on yourself I’d the lesser of the range.
Backing yourself, at least you can say you’re backing yourself in.

The game in question would obviously be scrutinised to see if he acted with impropriety.

Why's everyone going Bonkers when the last few just got fines?

Big footy.

Bye round break.

Behaviour awareness is on everyone’s mind from Gil’s Guileless galahs...

Big footy.

Bye round break.

Behaviour awareness is on everyone’s mind from Gil’s Guileless galahs...

Oh well, you realise there's only one thing left to do if and when Stevo gets axed....
Headline: "WILSON consents to replace Stephenson."

Oh well, you realise there's only one thing left to do if and when Stevo gets axed....
Headline: "WILSON consents to replace Stephenson."
The problem with that is everyone will have forgotten who Stephenson even was, such will be the WILSON presence.

This is a pretty poor mistake to make.

How anyone could think it’s okay to gamble on a match that they’re playing in is beyond me. Let alone the fact that it’s such little reward for such a huge risk from someone that will have such great earnings capacity in the next few years.

I truly hope there’s no truth to the rumour, and that there’s some kind of misunderstanding. This to me, if as cut and dry as the rumours make it out to be, trumps the stupidity of the Thomas/Keeffe/Murray situations though.
Lol. Are you out of your mind?
Wake up man

Correct me if im wrong but Jack crisp only got a fine for placing a $129 Multi on? Can someone explain to me how this is anymore serious or severe?

Crisp didn't bet on his on team. His bet was for other afl players.

I seriously hope the nature of the bet was taken into account here. Backing himslef to be top scorer is nothing he can influence.

Unlike backing Maxwell to kick the first goal. Theoretically thats something that could be engineered.

I thought that was Goldsack in the GF Replay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if im wrong but Jack crisp only got a fine for placing a $129 Multi on? Can someone explain to me how this is anymore serious or severe?
The most recent incidents I can recall are:

In 2015 current Pies defender Jack Crisp was fined $5000 when he placed a $129 multibet the previous season after he "forgot" players weren't allowed to bet on football.

More recently in 2017, Melbourne forward Jake Melksham was fined $10,000 for misleading AFL investigators during an inquiry into activity on his betting account.

Brayden Sier had been sanctioned $5000 and required to undergo a further education course, after a matter had come to light after an examination of betting records.
Sier had placed a number of bets totalling less than $50 combined on AFL matches / events during the 2017 season. None of the bets involved were placed on any match/event involving the Collingwood Football Club.

I think the issue with Jaidyn is that he allegedly placed a bet on Collingwood game/player, which I believe is a little more serious.

This is the policy.
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule 8 - National Gambling Policy.pdf

The most recent incidents I can recall are:

In 2015 current Pies defender Jack Crisp was fined $5000 when he placed a $129 multibet the previous season after he "forgot" players weren't allowed to bet on football.

More recently in 2017, Melbourne forward Jake Melksham was fined $10,000 for misleading AFL investigators during an inquiry into activity on his betting account.

Brayden Sier had been sanctioned $5000 and required to undergo a further education course, after a matter had come to light after an examination of betting records.
Sier had placed a number of bets totalling less than $50 combined on AFL matches / events during the 2017 season. None of the bets involved were placed on any match/event involving the Collingwood Football Club.

I think the issue with Jaidyn is that he allegedly placed a bet on Collingwood game/player, which I believe is a little more serious.

This is the policy.
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule 8 - National Gambling Policy.pdf

I say lot more Serious on Betting a Game you are Playing In

What did he actually bet on? Was it a possession based bet for a fellow forward line player?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I heard that just about every single post is conjecture. The club are keeping quiet as they should until all cards are on the table. What stays in Vegas... wait, how did I go from being sanctimonious to gambling puns...
My point is until the lawyers milk every avenue, the cows will not come home...
Oh I give up...

What did he actually bet on? Was it a possession based bet for a fellow forward line player?

The Rumor was for Pendles to have the Most Possessions in a Game

If he placed a bet on an AFL game and if it was a Collingwood game (betting on himself or whatever), he is doomed to a Heath Shaw length sanction of 2 months.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a that one of our players would be charged with possession.
All jokes aside, typical on of those cases where everybody is jumping to conclusions and sees an opportunity to promote their own agenda before knowing the facts. I would love to know more too but it is all speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back