List Mgmt. Jake Kolodjashnij contract status

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as it happens. This player we need to keep for our future. They just don't grow on trees. Yet another player who cops ridiculous amount of scrutiny and criticism.

How did I "use" it?
You posted the link,you tell me why you would have done that if not to support the idea of him being re-signed, anyway this will get us nowhere as far as Kolo goes and for the record I'm quite vanilla on Kolo he stays good he goes no huge loss,big chance it gets done but possible there are some tyres being kicked here with a view to potentially tradeding him out.

You posted the link,you tell me why you would have done that if not to support the idea of him being re-signed
Newsflash: I post a lot of links. Surprised you haven't noticed. It's to generate discussion. I don't endorse every frickin word in every article I post.

I like him in a contest situation but hate him with ball in hand. Is a bit of a deer in the headlights with the ball and can butcher it with the best of them which is a concern when you play deep back.

I wouldn't be fussed either way if he stays or goes. Stewart has gone passed him as the 3rd tall back of the future.

Listening to wells today (which everyone can via the sen podcast) it didn't sound good for Menzel or Kolo, sounded good for Ablett, you can't agree to stats and patterns in games and ignore them in the media interviews, if they ask a loaded question and the answer is essentially to dodge the question, the law of averages works in favour of the loaded question. In my view, Menzel is gone, kolo is possibly gone and Ablett is a certainty

Listening to wells today (which everyone can via the sen podcast) it didn't sound good for Menzel or Kolo, sounded good for Ablett, you can't agree to stats and patterns in games and ignore them in the media interviews, if they ask a loaded question and the answer is essentially to dodge the question, the law of averages works in favour of the loaded question. In my view, Menzel is gone, kolo is possibly gone and Ablett is a certainty

As I said a few weeks ago, Menzel is more likely to leave.

Want us to keep Kolo.

I listened to that interview and drew the opposite conclusion on both the players currently out of contract.

I listened to that interview and drew the opposite conclusion on both the players currently out of contract.
Each to their own, I felt if it was getting done it was getting done. I don't wanna lose kolo but I'm not concerned about Menzel (love what he has done and where he has been)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own, I felt if it was getting done it was getting done. I don't wanna lose kolo but I'm not concerned about Menzel (love what he has done and where he has been)

Personally, I think it would be a very, very good idea to have Daniel Menzel at Geelong next year.
60-80 games.
Second full year after a knee reco.
Coming off (probably) a 50-goal season.
It's only going to get even better.

I like him in a contest situation but hate him with ball in hand. Is a bit of a deer in the headlights with the ball and can butcher it with the best of them which is a concern when you play deep back.

I wouldn't be fussed either way if he stays or goes. Stewart has gone passed him as the 3rd tall back of the future.

FFS! He still has not played 50 games! Give the bloke a bloody go!!

When player and club say the same thing you have to be pretty headf**ked to still be wringing hands over it.
Mate, it's bigfooty.

Benny hears the Wells interview and posts this...

He has been one that has posted and written a few articles about Menzel and SA..

This kind of nukes the SA idea he put out there.. so it reasons that he would not want to contradict his own articles unless there was some truth to it. And as Wells said today.. Kolo, Bews and Menzel management have been approached ( some were waiting for managers to return to Aust)...

Id say moving in the right direction for all 3 and the club.

Mots on the other hand :eek:

Go Catters

Be good if we can keep Kolo of course, but I think that Stewart has signifantly passed him as the future third tall defender who can also play on smalls. IMHO Gardner is much more important - he has potential to be a Dom replacement whilst there is no way that Kolo is going to be a FB who is able to manage monster full forwards and resting rucks (I doubt that even Henderson is up to that as a permanent role). Bews likewise is more important due to the paucity of quick, small, strong defenders. Henderson, Taylor (assuming the CHF experiment ends soon) and Touhy means that there is really no spot for Kolo in our best starting defence next year. The question is can Kolo wait until Harry retires for a place in our preferred starting back six.

I suspect that there is going to be a fair bit of "jockeying" for most of the remaining contracts as positioning for Ablett and a possible Menzel loss.

Last edited:
Be good if we can keep Kolo of course, but I think that Stewart has signifantly passed him as the future third tall defender who can also play on smalls. IMHO Gardner is much more important - he has potential to be a Dom replacement whilst there is no way that Kolo is going to be a FB who is able to manage monster full forwards and resting rucks (I doubt that even Henderson is up to that as a permanent role). Bews likewise is more important due to the paucity of quick, small, strong defenders. Henderson, Taylor (assuming the CHF experiment ends soon) and Touhy means that there is really no spot for Kolo in our best starting defence next year. The question is can Kolo wait until Harry retires for a place in our preferred starting back six.

I suspect that there is going to be a fair bit of "jockeying" for most of the remaining contracts as positioning for Ablett and a possible Menzel loss.
Who replaces Mackie?
You think there is only 1 dangerous medium fwd to be worried about in each team?
The more skilled strong multipurpose defenders we have the better.
07-
Milburn, Mackie, Boris, JHunt, Wojo, Egan, Scarlett, Harley...

Who replaces Mackie?
You think there is only 1 dangerous medium fwd to be worried about in each team?
07-
exactly and more importantly do we need to remind geelong fans that people get injured and depth is vital. You are living in dreamland if you expect the same back six to play every game for a season unless you are very very lucky. Stewart and Kolo are both must haves

Who replaces Mackie?
07-
Think Stewart is the Mackie replacement

Are Stewart and Kolo necessarily in a fight for one position though - especially long term? This year with Henderson, Lonergan and potentially a Taylor then we may only be able to fit one into the defensive unit, but long term surely they actually fit alongside each other.

When you look at their heights & weights, I'm not so sure it's one or the other.
Veterans:
- Lonergan, 197cm & 95kg
- Henderson, 196cm & 98kg
- Taylor, 195cm & 94kg
- Mackie, 193cm & 82kg

Newbies/Incomings/Replacements (whatever you want to call them):
- Gardner, 198cm & 98kg
- Kolo, 193cm & 94kg
- Stewart, 190cm & 88kg
- Thurlow, 190cm & 87kg

Kolo is taller & a bigger build than Stewart, so potentially better positioned to handle bigger forwards and maybe step into the position Taylor (when in defence) has played alongside Henderson & Lonergan taking the bigger forwards over the last couple of seasons.

Stewart started to show he had an attacking side to his game, where he could potentially step into a Mackie type role and provide attack out of defence.

This year it may be two trying to fit into one position, but long term they should be able to compliment & play alongside each other

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back