Jake Lever deleting social media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you directed me to the Melbourne and I told you I was firmly stuck on you and getting you to accept your comments were disgusting.

You can’t even see it can you?
You can’t even make a cohesive argument. Directing you to your board is pointing out the hypocrisy in your posting because you’re complaining that Crows fans have supposedly been ripping into Lever all the while ignoring the comments on your board saying calling him a spud and telling him to F*** O** back to Adelaide etc.

I’ve owned my comments that he needs to harden up me I’ll stand by those comments again.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
You can’t even make a cohesive argument. Directing you to your board is pointing out the hypocrisy in your posting because you’re complaining that Crows fans have supposedly been ripping into Lever all the while ignoring the comments on your board saying calling him a spud and telling him to F*** O** back to Adelaide etc.

I’ve owned my comments that he needs to harden up me I’ll stand by those comments again.
Very different to being abused on social media in your own personal space

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I'm kind of surprised clubs even allow their players to have a social media presence. They don't gain much from the publicity and they sure as hell don't gain anything from the scrutiny and abuse. Lever is doing the right thing here by removing himself from the toxicity of social media. Proves at the very least that he's smart enough not to let himself be dragged down by these people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stake is up to you. I’m a professional gambler mate so let’s do it.
Ok. So let’s be clear on the bet. The player who signs (or is offered?) the most lucrative contract being total of $ x years of contract. That is, $900k pa x 5 years = $4.5m. The $4.5m is the value of the contract. The higher the value is the winner. You say Sloane from Adelaide and I say Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast. Do you agree?

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel bad for the bloke that he feels he has to delete his Twitter account but it will probably benefit him in the long run. Less of a distraction for him and will hopefully motivate him if he is aware of all the criticism he is getting (right or wrong)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Genuine question
Our players usually tweet via the club Twitter account, where it's managed by a social media coordinator. You can get their individual account and could bombard them I guess. My assumption is they'd ignore it if you did. Do all clubs not do this?

Top Bottom