Jake Lever deleting social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what? I don't care that Jake is copping s**t for his terrible form and that makes me some kind of monster? :D
He is getting abused on his own personal social media feed. It’s not acceptable. The fact you don’t care highlights your inability to seperate football and important social issues.

When you directed me to the Melbourne and I told you I was firmly stuck on you and getting you to accept your comments were disgusting.

You can’t even see it can you?

You can’t even make a cohesive argument. Directing you to your board is pointing out the hypocrisy in your posting because you’re complaining that Crows fans have supposedly been ripping into Lever all the while ignoring the comments on your board saying calling him a spud and telling him to F*** O** back to Adelaide etc.

I’ve owned my comments that he needs to harden up me I’ll stand by those comments again.

You can’t even make a cohesive argument. Directing you to your board is pointing out the hypocrisy in your posting because you’re complaining that Crows fans have supposedly been ripping into Lever all the while ignoring the comments on your board saying calling him a spud and telling him to F*** O** back to Adelaide etc.

I’ve owned my comments that he needs to harden up me I’ll stand by those comments again.
Very different to being abused on social media in your own personal space

The constant vitriol about him being s**t, a dud, overpaid, weak etc

Well so far this year he's proven to be all those things. So what? If he's as good as he thinks he is he'll respond and shut people up. Until then, he is playing s**t football for someone that earns so much - deal with it

I'm kind of surprised clubs even allow their players to have a social media presence. They don't gain much from the publicity and they sure as hell don't gain anything from the scrutiny and abuse. Lever is doing the right thing here by removing himself from the toxicity of social media. Proves at the very least that he's smart enough not to let himself be dragged down by these people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stake is up to you. I’m a professional gambler mate so let’s do it.
Ok. So let’s be clear on the bet. The player who signs (or is offered?) the most lucrative contract being total of $ x years of contract. That is, $900k pa x 5 years = $4.5m. The $4.5m is the value of the contract. The higher the value is the winner. You say Sloane from Adelaide and I say Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast. Do you agree?

I feel bad for the bloke that he feels he has to delete his Twitter account but it will probably benefit him in the long run. Less of a distraction for him and will hopefully motivate him if he is aware of all the criticism he is getting (right or wrong)

Genuine question
Our players usually tweet via the club Twitter account, where it's managed by a social media coordinator. You can get their individual account and could bombard them I guess. My assumption is they'd ignore it if you did. Do all clubs not do this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back