Recommitted Jake Riccardi [Re-signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he'd just like to keep winning games of footy.
Giants offer is said to be less than Hawks, so that might be all it comes down to, along with opportunity.

He’s been showing a fair bit more of late so the extra year is earned, definitely

Assuming Himmelberg is staying at GWS (which it seems now more likely than not) I don't think The Giants could probably match the coin the Hawks are offering Riccardi.

Hawthorn definitely have been in his ear for a while now. Very keen on him

Assuming Himmelberg is staying at GWS (which it seems now more likely than not) I don't think The Giants could probably match the coin the Hawks are offering Riccardi.

Hawthorn definitely have been in his ear for a while now. Very keen on him
If it’s the coin he wants then he’ll leave …. Can’t fault him for that

If it’s the coin he wants then he’ll leave …. Can’t fault him for that
If it’s not much difference money wise… he’d be crazy to leave now… with the clear opportunity ahead of one of the best back lines and midfields in the comp for the next 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s not much difference money wise… he’d be crazy to leave now… with the clear opportunity ahead of one of the best back lines and midfields in the comp for the next 5 years.
I agree it’d be a bad move …. But if he feels the extra coin is important to him then that’s his choice

I agree it’d be a bad move …. But if he feels the extra coin is important to him then that’s his choice

You could also argue he would have the opportunity to grow and develop himself as a player at a young rebuilding team like Hawthorn.

If he goes to Hawthorn, you could argue the description is the same.

I think both sides have potential to rise sharply and become contenders over the next 3-5 years.

There probably isn't an incorrect choice for Jake here from a list demographic perspective.

If he goes to Hawthorn, you could argue the description is the same.

I think both sides have potential to rise sharply and become contenders over the next 3-5 years.

There probably isn't an incorrect choice for Jake here from a list demographic perspective.
I think the main difference is our midfield is mid 20s and younger whereas GWS have Kelly coniglio etc. otherwise I think they are in similar positions list wise.

He's off to North. Bookmark it. We have alot of money to throw around given the retirement of Hall, Cunnington, Zieball. We also have another 7-8 delistings to complete.

He'll sign a 3 year deal at north.
Not sure if serious, but turning his back on 3yrs at the Giants to take 3yrs at North is ....umm... bold.

He's off to North. Bookmark it. We have alot of money to throw around given the retirement of Hall, Cunnington, Zieball. We also have another 7-8 delistings to complete.

Not sure if serious, but turning his back on 3yrs at the Giants to take 3yrs at North is ....umm... bold.
I think the word you are looking for SYL is “Idiotic” not bold.

I don’t know guaranteed a long contract, good money, a game every week, not having to do much given how little it gets forward, no media commitments due to irrelevance…where do I sign?
Moreover, I have no idea how North will reach the minimum TPP spend this year.

We could offer Riccardi 5 years and frontload that sucker to pay out 3/4s of it in the first two years so there's limited liability going forward, and it would still make more sense than fronting up for 2024 with Larkey, Comben repositioned as a key defender, and CCJ.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back