Recommitted Jake Riccardi [Re-signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

If it’s not much difference money wise… he’d be crazy to leave now… with the clear opportunity ahead of one of the best back lines and midfields in the comp for the next 5 years.

GWS has had that since about 2015.

Not sure if serious, but turning his back on 3yrs at the Giants to take 3yrs at North is ....umm... bold.

3 x $1m would be an interesting decision to make. Money or potential.

Is he locked into the GWS best 22? At Hawthorn he would be a lock which might also away his thinking.

I dunno that he would be...

Lewis is their number 1 guy clearly, then they have Koschitzke who strikes me as someone on a similar level to Riccardi. DGB needs games and they seem to think he might not be a KPD, plus they now have Ryan getting games, plus Greene as a mid size that plays taller.

I'd be staggered if they offered someone like JR a 4 year deal, although I've been staggered before with who gets long contracts in the current AFL landscape. If they offer that, I reckon it would be the biggest factor in his decision, rather than opportunity.

Lewis is their number 1 guy clearly, then they have Koschitzke who strikes me as someone on a similar level to Riccardi. DGB needs games and they seem to think he might not be a KPD, plus they now have Ryan getting games, plus Greene as a mid size that plays taller.

I'd be staggered if they offered someone like JR a 4 year deal, although I've been staggered before with who gets long contracts in the current AFL landscape. If they offer that, I reckon it would be the biggest factor in his decision, rather than opportunity.

He would for sure be ahead of Greene and likely ahead of Kosi. Ryan is an unknown and we wont know where he is at until after a pre season.

Im sure we would offer 4 years. Hopefully at reasonable numbers.

Kosi and Greene are done.

DGB might be playing VFL as a forward, but Mitchell’s still saying that he’s gokg to be a defender longterm.

Ryan is the one that’s come from out of nowhere and who knows if he’s still doing good things in 12 months or if he’s no good. Certainly had a good start to his career.

He's off to North. Bookmark it. We have alot of money to throw around given the retirement of Hall, Cunnington, Zieball. We also have another 7-8 delistings to complete.

He'll sign a 3 year deal at north.
If so, good move for North to partner Larkey and GWS will happily take the R2 (or end of R1) compo you get for McKay.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's off to North. Bookmark it. We have alot of money to throw around given the retirement of Hall, Cunnington, Zieball. We also have another 7-8 delistings to complete.

He'll sign a 3 year deal at north.
It would be one hell of a sale job - would Riccardi see himself in the next flag side at North?

It would be one hell of a sale job - would Riccardi see himself in the next flag side at North?

I know it sounds strange given where we're sitting on the ladder, but I don't think its hard to imagine how Larkey - Riccardi - Watson - Zurhaar - Sheezel - Thomas could become a premiership standard forward line in the next few years.

The problem I'd have is selling the vision of how our defence line will be good enough to contend too. :think:

Didn't know we were relegating North to the VFL as early as that ;)
I think he means they'll actually manage to beat Essendon again by the time he's 25.

Yet North are still odds on to win another final again before Essendon ! :)
Not really. One is younger and less experienced yet has won as many games this year as the other has since COVID became a thing. Pretty easy to see which list is in a much stronger position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back