Recommitted Jake Riccardi [Re-signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What's the go with this guy? Out of contract and can't get a game at GWS. I always like him, reckon he'd be a good cheap pickup. Averaging 16 disposals, 7 marks and 3 goals a game in the VFL.

Is he likely to re-sign? What's he worth at the trade table? I'd say an early 3rd rounder at best, probably 40-50.

Poor Mans Weideman

Decent at VFL level but horrendous at AFL level

Would deff can picked up again if delisted

I would give Derksen a game over him now

What's the go with this guy? Out of contract and can't get a game at GWS. I always like him, reckon he'd be a good cheap pickup. Averaging 16 disposals, 7 marks and 3 goals a game in the VFL.

Is he likely to re-sign? What's he worth at the trade table? I'd say an early 3rd rounder at best, probably 40-50.

GWS will re-sign him unless a desperate Vic Club ie NM or Haw offer him a better deal.

Good size but not up to it at AFL level

Poor Mans Weideman

Decent at VFL level but horrendous at AFL level

Would deff can picked up again if delisted

I would give Derksen a game over him now
That's probably a fair comparison. Bombers fans would be pretty happy with Weideman though. I reckon Riccardi has a better work rate than Weideman.

GWS will re-sign him unless a desperate Vic Club ie NM or Haw offer him a better deal.

Good size but not up to it at AFL level
Why would he re-sign if he's not getting games? Someone from Vic will offer him a spot to come home.

Riccardi has had some good games @ AFL level. 9 disposals, 11 marks, 2 goals this year against Blues. 12,8,2 last year. 11,5 and 3 last year. 12, 9 and 4 in his 2nd ever game etc etc.

That's probably a fair comparison. Bombers fans would be pretty happy with Weideman though. I reckon Riccardi has a better work rate than Weideman.

Why would he re-sign if he's not getting games? Someone from Vic will offer him a spot to come home.

Riccardi has had some good games @ AFL level. 9 disposals, 11 marks, 2 goals this year against Blues. 12,8,2 last year. 11,5 and 3 last year. 12, 9 and 4 in his 2nd ever game etc etc.

He would re sign if no offers from Vic Clubs like NM/Haw who are desperate

Weideman is a far better player at AFL level which tells you something LOL

He would re sign if no offers from Vic Clubs like NM/Haw who are desperate

Weideman is a far better player at AFL level which tells you something LOL
Their stats are nearly identical and GWS haven't been able to develop a single KPF properly bar Cameron. I'd have them both ahead of Josh Schache and your club gave him a spot.

Handy depth at the very least but has upside.

Can he switch to defence? He did win the Fothergill as a swingman IIRC and KPDs are in short supply across the comp

Their stats are nearly identical and GWS haven't been able to develop a single KPF properly bar Cameron. I'd have them both ahead of Josh Schache and your club gave him a spot.

Handy depth at the very least but has upside.

Won't argue your views about Schache at all

Who knows maybe the Dees offer him a deal haha

Can he switch to defence? He did win the Fothergill as a swingman IIRC and KPDs are in short supply across the comp
Had 40 disposals and 19 marks against Southport a couple of seasons ago playing in defence in the VFL. Then switched forward and had 24 disposals, 12 marks and kicked 8.4 a few weeks later.

I'm telling ya this guy will be 2-meter Peter mk2. Just needs a change of environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, was as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back