Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is the next big thing

Remove this Banner Ad

If he continues at the same rate of improvement and barring injury, all things being equal he will be the best forward in the league when he hits 25-26 or so. The unfortunate thing for Dogs supporters is that he is unlikely to reach his peak until Bont will be on the downside of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow several years in the AFL system before they developed into match winning forwards (in Charlie's case, two knee recos too)
It's unreasonable and absolutely moronic to expect KPF forwards to suddenly star from day 1 like John Coleman or Tony Lockett did.

I think JUH has heaps of improvement left in him too, especially with set shot goal conversion (which will happen in time)

If Josh Bruce (sadly) didn't go down again with a possible season and career ending ACL, I would have thought it would have been the right time for Bevo to send Naughton down back time as a KPD and make JUH your main focal point full time.
I don't quite agree with the idea of sending Naughton back. I feel as if the only way that could eventuate is if Darcy really kicks on very soon. Naughton is about to come into his prime, definitely still our number 1 forward and a massive reason why Jamarra is playing so well. Early days, they would get in each other's way and didn't function cohesively. They've built some really strong chemistry over the back half of the year and could be a genuinely elite pairing as soon as next year, especially if they're both just a TINY bit more accurate.

Not sure the 75+ goal seasons will be right but yeah he's tracking pretty well. With league average accuracy he'd be kicking 50 goals this year.

We have been blessed to get him but it has been a bit of a gamble taking Jamarra and Darcy and blowing all of our draft points on them for 2 years running. It has kind of left us bare through the middle of the ground.

For a #1 pick JUH profile is incredibly low considering what he has done this year, the media still fawn over the Kings yet what JUH is producing is already better than anything they have done and he still has so much upside. Even in today's Hsun they talked about his contract and how he could demand $700k... the same paper who said Tom De Konig should earn 700-1mil.. If I am a side needing a forward he is #1 on my list and a club like Sydney should be able to put up 1.2mil over 7 years.

Who. The f***. Cares.
About draft equality? Anyone who wants a fair competition.

The whole thing is a lottery and for the teams that get high picks, you are being rewarded for onfield incompetency in the first place
It's not supposed to be, and I don't think anyone would think Hawthorn is "incompetent" because they're on the bottom of the ladder right now.

Happy for the dogs though, because smaller clubs (like mine) already have the odds stacked against us.

About draft equality? Anyone who wants a fair competition.

It's not supposed to be, and I don't think anyone would think Hawthorn is "incompetent" because they're on the bottom of the ladder right now.

Happy for the dogs though, because smaller clubs (like mine) already have the odds stacked against us.

Anybody who wants draft equality is not going to get it.
Any system pre-determined to favour sides who are going terribly is flawed by its very nature.

Hawthorn to their credit have drafted well of late and they will be rewarded in some capacity with a high draft pick this year. That, I don’t really have any issue with.
Meanwhile one of the teams who DOES get an earlier go than them, is one who has shown no signs of improvement whatsoever despite themselves having already been given a good draft hand in recent years. That doesn’t seem very fair to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back