Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that Aish was forced from a club he never wished to leave (thanks to Beams) I would have thought you would have been more gracious in your assessment of him. There has even been a Fremantle supporter in the thread who said he has been in the best 3 players at the new club. But no you seem determined to belittle his performance - a 'best or second best player would earn respect' but not a possible 3rd best?!
He isn’t the third best.
I don’t get all this love. Guy has been through so many clubs yet still shows squat to actually influence a game.

He’s been very average last 2 weeks, but prior to that he was good. I hope he stays in as continuity has been a struggle for him in recent years & I do think that Longmuir will give him every opportunity, but another game or 2 like the last couple & the club may give another youngster a run.

He’s been very average last 2 weeks, but prior to that he was good. I hope he stays in as continuity has been a struggle for him in recent years & I do think that Longmuir will give him every opportunity, but another game or 2 like the last couple & the club may give another youngster a run.
I have not seen him play this year so am only guided in my views by the 2 Fremantle posters in this thread.

I have not seen him play this year so am only guided in my views by the 2 Fremantle posters in this thread.
Don’t get me wrong, his start was sensational & he will get better once our club gets a consistent game plan happening, but just tailored off the last couple. But so has Walters.

I get the feeling he still hasn’t acclimatised to Freo yet, but who can blame in a year like this. He will be a very good consistent player for us in coming years & I hope he becomes a leader to our young group. He is a worker bee no doubt, but every club needs them.

Don’t get me wrong, his start was sensational & he will get better once our club gets a consistent game plan happening, but just tailored off the last couple. But so has Walters.

I get the feeling he still hasn’t acclimatised to Freo yet, but who can blame in a year like this. He will be a very good consistent player for us in coming years & I hope he becomes a leader to our young group. He is a worker bee no doubt, but every club needs them.
This + he spent a week out with a concussion and also he played a heap in defence and since moving back to the wing has taken the defensive side. No coincidence Adam Cerra has taken off as Aish has quietened down. He will have more of an impact again when Freo get better and stop using one side of the ground only

I liked him at Collingwood, but there are those among our number who consider him superfluous to requirement. At least Aish was a worker bee with good foot skills, something which can be lacking at times from several of our chaps. I imagine him playing a more polished role on the wing than, say, Phillips, but who am I to recognise genuine football talent when I see it? I consider myself fortunate to be surrounded in our forum with so many much more knowledgeable and perceptive posters than myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we just going to post things about ex Pies players that were punching bags on game day threads every time they get a few touches with their new club???????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could be a big day. Aish having a good one, with Phillips and Stepho to come later on.

And Atu B's North debut as well. Watch for the meltdown here if he kicks a couple!!
I think he's playing defence for them. Hopefully he nullifies a gun, lays some cracking tackles and has a couple of nice runs. Then we'll be able to really lay in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back