reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Subiaco announce that Schofield has left for port adelaide

Mod's edit:

scho_mont_620.jpg

PORT ADELAIDE is delighted to announce that premiership players Brett Montgomery and Jarrad Schofield will return to Alberton to join the club’s coaching group.

Montgomery played 204 AFL games including 126 for the Power, winning the 2000 John Cahill Medal, All-Australian honours in 2002 and the 2004 Premiership.

An assistant coach at Carlton for three years, he also spent six years at Whitten Oval working with the Western Bulldogs, before departing after playing a role in their 2016 Premiership season.

Montgomery has worked as an opposition analyst for Greater Western Sydney and as the coach and football director for Melbourne Grammar in the past two years, but he is looking forward to returning to Adelaide with his family.

Schofield is one of the most sought-after young coaches after guiding Subiaco to five WAFL grand finals and three Premierships in six years.

His playing career started at the West Coast Eagles in 1993 before he moved to Port Adelaide and played 131 games between 1999 and 2004.

After featuring in the historic 2004 Premiership win for the Power, he moved back to Western Australia and finished his career with Fremantle ending on 206 career games.

In 2018 Schofield’s Subiaco outfit was unbeaten throughout the season, culminating in an 81-point win in the WAFL Grand Final and the club’s 14th premiership.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-09-26/schofield-and-montgomery-return-to-alberton

Last edited by a moderator:

Schulz was a very talented - and tough - footballer, but by all reports not an overly bright guy and not suited to coaching.

Often the people with great natural talent and instincts don't make good teachers/coaches as they've never had to think and struggle their way to where they got. Hence why so many coaches are defenders who lacked the brilliance to play up forward or in the mids.

Did you put any thought into your comments at all? Couldn't be further from the mark.

"The kicking academy is in a league of it’s own providing a kicking program like no other which fits the needs of not only emerging elite athletes, but for anyone wanting to improve their kicking. Whether you have never kicked a football, or have kicked one every day, there will be something in the program you have never been taught before.

For young athletes, the kicking academy is the optimal setting to learn and train from the best, hone their skills and take their footy to the next level.

“I believe everyone can improve their kicking with the right one-on-one coaching and guidance. I believe my theories and drills can achieve this.” – Jay Schulz"

http://jayschulz.com.au

Did you put any thought into your comments at all? Couldn't be further from the mark.

"The kicking academy is in a league of it’s own providing a kicking program like no other which fits the needs of not only emerging elite athletes, but for anyone wanting to improve their kicking. Whether you have never kicked a football, or have kicked one every day, there will be something in the program you have never been taught before.

For young athletes, the kicking academy is the optimal setting to learn and train from the best, hone their skills and take their footy to the next level.

“I believe everyone can improve their kicking with the right one-on-one coaching and guidance. I believe my theories and drills can achieve this.” – Jay Schulz"

http://jayschulz.com.au
Yes I put thought in, along with the thoughts of others who are more in the know.

If you're surprised that Jay Schulz's own business provides a self-written testament to how good Schulz is, you're probably the one who needs to put thought in. I mean, seriously, how naive can you get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 43-year-old’s recruitment is a coup for Port Adelaide, which reportedly beat cross-town rivals Adelaide - among other clubs - to his signature.
Anyone who played/coached at Port Adelaide, the bloody Crows want .. geez:thumbsdown:

So I guess the first question at his press conference will be "Why did you choose Port Adelaide over the Crows?"

The Beryl's want to know.

So I guess the first question at his press conference will be "Why did you choose Port Adelaide over the Crows?"

The Beryl's want to know.
'So Port obviously offered you a LOT more money than the Crows. Were you still tempted to go to the Crows though? Also, how good are the Crows? Can you give us some glowing endorsements of them Jarrod?'

Great to see a former Port player back in the fold. The strength of the PAFC in our SANFL days was that we tried to appoint people who had experience in the Port Adelaide system. It hasn't always worked but it is good to see Premiership players like Schofield and Chad Cornes taking roles at Alberton. Whoever takes Hinkley's job whenever it is I hope it is someone who has actually played at Alberton.

Welcome back Jarrad.

When does Jarrad get his very own thread?

I kind of like the idea of not jumping the gun on the club's official announcement. it may be that they are about to make several announcements of appointments and structure.

If people desperately want a standalone thread, we can do that.

Great to see a former Port player back in the fold. The strength of the PAFC in our SANFL days was that we tried to appoint people who had experience in the Port Adelaide system. It hasn't always worked but it is good to see Premiership players like Schofield and Chad Cornes taking roles at Alberton. Whoever takes Hinkley's job whenever it is I hope it is someone who has actually played at Alberton.

Welcome back Jarrad.
AND MONTY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back