Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed we wouldn't shop him around - but not convinced we'd accommodate a trade if requested. Can see us taking the mitch brown route of asking him to play out his contract, unless an exceptional offer presented itself.
The problem with the mitch brown trade was saints wanted a contracted player then tried to low ball us .

We won't want him, frankly hasn't shown enough to warrant a trade and de Koning is coming along nicely as well as Kreuger who would both start ahead of him.

Best of luck to him, but utilities being over valued is something we avoid.

View attachment 981817

By the end of 2021, Kennedy will probably be done, and Darling will have already seen his prime years (ages 25-29, 2017-2021), while Brander and Oscar Allen will still have what should be their prime years well ahead of them (2024-2028). I'd commit to both long-term as the Eagles' tall forward combo of the future.
West Coast will need to clearly communicate to both Kennedy and Brander that 2021 will be the last year Kennedy plays.

Sounds like good planning to me.

So Clark a AA u18 half back / winger at pick 15, showed a bit in year 1 but nothing in year two due to injury and better players keeping him out. Needs time to really develop.

Brander, AA u18 chb pick 13. KP back or forward. Third year stuck behind some very good premiership talls and Oscar Allen, hip injury derailed his chances mid season. Shown glimspes but to date cant force his way into a premiership side.

Gee, they sound very similar dont they?

But the Eagles would need to add another 1st plus Brander to get him?

Now then it would be the. Eagles turn to laugh and say GAGF! And they would be spot on too.

Both clubs rate these kids very highly internally. BF posters only rate their own.
Talls take longer to develop.

West Coast will need to clearly communicate to both Kennedy and Brander that 2021 will be the last year Kennedy plays.

Brander is still competing with Darling Allen Waterman and Williams post Kennedy though.

I have only seen Brander play up the ground , Whats his foward craft like ?
He was highly rated at junior level where do the eagles supporters see his future best position foward/defence
Well he hasn’t kicked a goal and is about as threatening asa wet lettuce but hey eagles supporters think he’s more valuable than Tim kelly and oh did I tell ya he was AA chb in his junior days therefore he’s guaranteed to be superstar.
For eagles to even consider trading such a phenomenal talent cats would have to give up Clark and their first rounder .

Brander is still competing with Darling Allen Waterman and Williams post Kennedy though.

and who ever they target when they get a chance. My bet is McDonald will be on the WC long term target list. .. and Rotham probably a chance to get games too?

In the end ..it's in WC court. He is contracted. If they want to keep him..he stays.

That can be the plan ..but what if he has a good season.. it's not unreasonable to think he plays on... and my bet WC treat him with the respect of letting a club champ have a strong say in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and who ever they target when they get a chance. My bet is McDonald will be on the WC long term target list. .. and Rotham probably a chance to get games too?

In the end ..it's in WC court. He is contracted. If they want to keep him..he stays.

I agree..if im him i want out to a club where i can get more games imo but even then its their call.

What would the most opposition fans would be willing to give up?

a) 20-25
b) 25-30
c) 30-35
d) 35-40
e) 40-50
f) 50+

Id give B if we had such a pick but we dont..C and narkle would be my likely offer and i doubt you take that.

Thats true...he was one of a number of players id consider in such a trade, not the only one.

PO which other names would you suggest to be considered ?

So a fringe mid and the Cats pick 40 after compo picks and bids for a contracted Brander PLUS a 3rd rounder?

There is a reason why Geelong have been keen on him for multiple years and wanted him in the Kelly trade.

If he was out of contract and asked for a trade its a starting point. But no way wouldthey lethim go under contract for that.

We didn't want players..

doesn't have the burning desire in the belly to get packs and get the ball to make it was a mid or HF, maybe half back at a push but looks way off ever making it long term imo, waterman is the guy who will make it, real upside

PO which other names would you suggest to be considered ?

What type of players do you need? I had a few in mind but i expect youll only trade him if it fills a need for you.

What type of players do you need? I had a few in mind but i expect youll only trade him if it fills a need for you.

Players with some run and carry :whitecheck: ... oh and it would be nice if they could lay a tackle, a skill that apart from Yeo we are not big on. ;)

Well he hasn’t kicked a goal and is about as threatening asa wet lettuce but hey eagles supporters think he’s more valuable than Tim kelly and oh did I tell ya he was AA chb in his junior days therefore he’s guaranteed to be superstar.
For eagles to even consider trading such a phenomenal talent cats would have to give up Clark and their first rounder .

What a to total flog of a post. Freo nerd making up total sh!t.

No one said Brander is better than Kelly.

No one said he'd be a super star.

Highly respected internally is all ATM.

But carry on champ. We all understand how inadequate and jealous you feel about the successful big brother up the road. One day hopefully you will mature and get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back