Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's certainly bulked up in the gym since he's been here, but hasn't lost any noticeable agility and is a decent size.

His body shape reminds me of Jack Darling (191cm, 95kg) or Noah Balta (194cm, 102kg), who are exceptionally strong but not overly tall for a KPD (even Steven May).

If he can increase his strength /power further without losing his agility, no reason he shouldn't do it.
Murray reminds me a lot of Tom McDonald from Melbourne, both in looks body wise and athleticism. Both go hard at the ball in the air too. I think Murray will turn out alright. I wonder if he could eventually move forward, post Tex?

Murray reminds me a lot of Tom McDonald from Melbourne, both in looks body wise and athleticism. Both go hard at the ball in the air too. I think Murray will turn out alright. I wonder if he could eventually move forward, post Tex?
Agree on the comparison and assessment.

But I would rather Gollant up forward post Tex.

McAdam
Fog
Gollant
Tilthy (Ruck/Forward)

As the four main forwards.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see he's got his hair cut in the last couple of weeks - a nice short back and sides military cut. His Elizabeth Downs regular boys haircut was looking very 1987

Get it done.
Go and bring this guy to the AFC..
We are a total s**t show in the midfield its becoming embarrassing.
I'd caution on this. Yes he looks like he could be a super player which is what we want. But if it costs us this years and next years 1st, we miss out on a guy like Wardlaw or Phillipou or Tsatsas this year who may be every bit as good - others here would have seen them and would know better there. Then next year we lose a potential top 2-5 pick to go again.

All I am saying is the lower our pick goes this year, the more wary about selling it and future 1sts we should be

When thinking of trading him in we need to consider the very real possibility that he will be another top SA pick to underdeliver relative to talent and draft position.

Thilthorpe - jury out
Stephens - massively underdelivered so far
Lukosius - underdelivered so far
Rankine - underdelivered so far
Rozee - slightly below par
Francis - massively underdelivered
Scharenberg - massively underdelivered
Aish - underdelivered
Toumpas - massively underdelivered
Mayes - massively underdelivered
Wingard - par
Day - underdelivered
Polec - underdelivered
Gorringe - massively underdelivered
Trengove - underdelivered
Hartlett - underdelivered
Davis - good outcome
Gibbs - underdelivered

Going all the way back to Gibbs nearly all top 10 SA talented has failed to live up to their draft position.

You'd want to be bloody sure JHF is the one to buck that trend

When thinking of trading him in we need to consider the very real possibility that he will be another top SA pick to underdeliver relative to talent and draft position.

Thilthorpe - jury out
Aish - underdelivered
Wingard - par
Day - underdelivered
Polec - underdelivered
Davis - good outcome
Gibbs - underdelivered

Going all the way back to Gibbs nearly all top 10 SA talented has failed to live up to their draft position.

Bit harsh on Gibbs. And I think you could say Rankines form warrants that verdict changing.

Bit harsh on Gibbs. And I think you could say Rankines form warrants that verdict changing.
Gibbs was pick 1. Never even an All Australian.

Rankine maybe but he was still pick 3, taken before both Kings who have shown way more

Thilthorpe - jury out
Aish - underdelivered
Wingard - par
Day - underdelivered
Polec - underdelivered
Davis - good outcome
Gibbs - underdelivered

What is Davis doing there? Wasn't he a Canberra footballer?

Gibbs was pick 1. Never even an All Australian.

Rankine maybe but he was still pick 3, taken before both Kings who have shown way more
Its an interesting discussion if in hindsight the Suns took both Kings at 2,3, probably would result in Rozee sliding/landing to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an interesting discussion if in hindsight the Suns took both Kings at 2,3, probably would result in Rozee sliding/landing to us.

Maybe, but why would we want another half forward sitting in the SANFL. And anyway, when was the last time you saw him sacrifice his natural flair for some good old defensive pressure?

when was the last time you saw him sacrifice his natural flair for some good old defensive pressure?
You say this like its a bad thing?

Let the talent shine - there is time to build the defensive side - but let him play his best way first

As long as his offensive outshines his defensive then its all good for me

You say this like its a bad thing?

Let the talent shine - there is time to build the defensive side - but let him play his best way first

As long as his offensive outshines his defensive then its all good for me
I feel like that post was dripping with sarcasm as to the things the AFC values.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should bring in Rankine if we have the chance.
Good week to approach Rankine

G'day Izak, wondering if you'd like to get a trade away from that talent less Gold Coast train wreck and come to home to a club dripping with young talent that is about to explode up the ladder.

What's that? Oh, you're not as dumb as Dawson to believe that ......... you think the AFC is a scam. Righto, we'll move on ....

Back