Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched JHF live on Friday night. I'm in the camp of offer pick 4 and next years first to Norf for pick 1 as JHF is a certain star, certain!

Norf can then remove the spectre of JHF wanting a trade to SA at end of 2023.

Watched JHF live on Friday night. I'm in the camp of offer pick 4 and next years first to Norf for pick 1 as JHF is a certain star, certain!

Norf can then remove the spectre of JHF wanting a trade to SA at end of 2023.
How about pick 4 and their next year's 1st against our next year's 1st?

How about pick 4 and their next year's 1st against our next year's 1st?
how about we all just forget about JHF.. he’s going to norf. then he’ll probably come back to SA in a couple of years and go to port.

massively overpaying for a lad that has proven absolutely nothing at AFL level yet is dumb*ery. its a big step up from sanfl where he currently runs around like an unregistered dog most games.

we’d be far better trading down and taking two lads, given the spread of the field in this years draft, than selling the farm for 1..

how about we all just forget about JHF.. he’s going to norf. then he’ll probably come back to SA in a couple of years and go to port.

massively overpaying for a lad that has proven absolutely nothing at AFL level yet is dumbf***ery. its a big step up from sanfl where he currently runs around like an unregistered dog most games.

we’d be far better trading down and taking two lads, given the spread of the field in this years draft, than selling the farm for 1..
Yeah, maybe I should have added this ;) to my post.

So realistically what would it cost to get pick 1?

Pick 4 (6), next years first and what else?

For me I am chucking in McAsey. Yes that's 3 first rounders, but I see McAsey as a sunk cost, I have no confidence that he will ever make it, he is too slow. You'd only hope North get sucked in by his draft position and haven't seen him play.

For me I am chucking in McAsey. Yes that's 3 first rounders, but I see McAsey as a sunk cost, I have no confidence that he will ever make it, he is too slow. You'd only hope North get sucked in by his draft position and haven't seen him play.
unfortunately thats probably what it would cost..

and Mcasey would also have to agree to go there.. but to be honest.. if I’m mcasey i’m looking at murray and butts and then seeing frampton get picked before me after only two games in defense at SANFL level and wondering where my opportunity will come from.. maybe north would provide that?..

still.. for me this years and next years first is too much.

this years 1st plus mcasey and next years 2nd I’d only just be happy with… but that is the absolute maximum i‘d be happy to see them give up..

i just dont see how a player who’s never played a single game of AFL at the top level could be worth two potential top 5 draft picks…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's too expensive imo but I think you'd have to be offering a deal like pick 4 and next years first. I can't see anybody in their right mind saying no to that. I don't think McAsey as steak knives should even be necessary if you're giving them what is likely to be another top 10 draft pick at the cost of a minor downgrade on this years pick. That's already a pretty good deal imo.

It's too expensive imo but I think you'd have to be offering a deal like pick 4 and next years first. I can't see anybody in their right mind saying no to that. I don't think McAsey as steak knives should even be necessary if you're giving them what is likely to be another top 10 draft pick at the cost of a minor downgrade on this years pick. That's already a pretty good deal imo.
I don’t think north would even bite at that sadly and I’m sure Adelaide has already offered that to them, we won’t get Horne...a lot of posters here say he’s unproven at afl level overrated on this board etc but from north’s point of view it would be too big a risk not to select him.

Ports been working in the background with JHF and have basically told North to name their price for pick 1.

There’s a few names on the table from them that you would have otherwise thought were untouchable.

Also making it clear if North do draft him, they’ll be at him his entire career.

North might yield
If true.. that is hilarious.

north should take them to the cleaners.

Butters + Dursma + your firsts this year and next year please port.. oh.. and chuck Ladhams in as steak knives please.

cannot believe the amount of absolute hysteria thats going on over one player.. a lad that hasnt played a single game of AFL football yet.. its just utterly ridiculous.

god I hope port absolutely sell the farm and more for him and get him.. and it turns out that the lad we are seeing now really hasnt got much more improvement left in him.. and guys like Callaghan, erasmus, goater, Draper, Hobbs etc all end up better players in the long run.

Ports been working in the background with JHF and have basically told North to name their price for pick 1.

There’s a few names on the table from them that you would have otherwise thought were untouchable.

Also making it clear if North do draft him, they’ll be at him his entire career.

North might yield

We'd be asking for Butters, Duursma and #16.

Short of that, they can just send us Wines and Butters.

And, no, I'm not joking. We have no need to not take a generational prospect like JHF. If they want him, it will take one of the most expensive deals in AFL history.

In regards to the last point, we very rarely lose players we want to keep once they are here and historically we have a higher proportion of interstate players than most Victorian clubs.

If Port ever convinced him to come back, refer to point 1. We'd be gutting them of all of their best Victorian talent in the process.

If true.. that is hilarious.

north should take them to the cleaners.

Butters + Dursma + your firsts this year and next year please port.. oh.. and chuck Ladhams in as steak knives please.

cannot believe the amount of absolute hysteria thats going on over one player.. a lad that hasnt played a single game of AFL football yet.. its just utterly ridiculous.

god I hope port absolutely sell the farm and more for him and get him.. and it turns out that the lad we are seeing now really hasnt got much more improvement left in him.. and guys like Callaghan, erasmus, goater, Draper, Hobbs etc all end up better players in the long run.
I don't see it that way. This guy is clearly elite, and is the most likely thing to be a sure fire A Grade mid fielder in the AFL that you will see. And he is local. Midfields are an enormous ingredient in premierships. Any recruiter can shut his eyes and see JHF with three or four pre seasons under his belt running amok in their teams jumper. Pace, athleticism, toughness and skill. That is the package.

So, how much to pay, that is the question. Are you a $500,000 the win on Winx at $1.10 to win $50,000 for a minutes work, but if she breaks down you lose the house sort of guy?

We'd be asking for Butters, Duursma and #16.

Short of that, they can just send us Wines and Butters.

And, no, I'm not joking. We have no need to not take a generational prospect like JHF. If they want him, it will take one of the most expensive deals in AFL history.

In regards to the last point, we very rarely lose players we want to keep once they are here and historically we have a higher proportion of interstate players than most Victorian clubs.

If Port ever convinced him to come back, refer to point 1. We'd be gutting them of all of their best Victorian talent in the process.
I reckon some at Port would take that deal

I’ll be surprised if Derrsma is still a Port player in 2023.

Spot on with McAsey.

massively overpaying for a lad that has proven absolutely nothing at AFL level yet is dumbf***ery. its a big step up from sanfl where he currently runs around like an unregistered dog most games.

Exactly. Why spend 2 deep first rounders now when he is an unproven talent. If he lives up to the hype he will still cost 2 first rounders in 2 years time. If he doesn't live up to the hype we could get him for less. Furthermore if we're predicting to rise up the ladder why waste two deep firsts when 2 middle of the road first will also get the job done.

Back