Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Katie Hudson or Owen Wilson, Kennett allies ?

Both are considered candidates for the top job, but I don’t particularly want a little Jeff taking over from The Jeff

If neither are allies, then hopefully they step up & put pressure on the old fool to leave.

Both appointed during his current tenure - but are both good Hawthorn people with impressive corporate careers. Either one would be an improvement.

wedding crashers GIF

I’m more concerned with the Probuild guy on the board. Stambolis I think is his name. Have to be concerned with that company going under today and he is right at the top, is this bad for our club and the Dinglee development? Surely he is on our board just to help with that. Now what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more concerned with the Probuild guy on the board. Stambolis I think is his name. Have to be concerned with that company going under today and he is right at the top, is this bad for our club and the Dinglee development? Surely he is on our board just to help with that. Now what?

Genuinely odd choice of username for someone who signed up today as a Hawthorn supporter.

Take it from someone who was 'right up the top' when administrators have been called in. Not everything is in your control. It doesn't mean that you're not competent or don't have business acumen. In fact, I learnt some of my most salient career lessons when I was neck deep in it!

Ok, so you are concerned with Luke Stambolis being on our board as he was the Australian Managing Director of Probuild who went into administration today ??

And you want to know if this is bad for our club & the Dingley project ??

And you assume he is on our board JUST to help with that ??

Now what ??

I don’t know if you are trolling or genuine, but I’ll assume genuine.

The construction work that Probuild are currently involved with would have been priced by them anywhere from 1yr to even more than 5 yrs ago.

No one & im talking not one person in this world would have been able to predict 5 yrs ago that we would be in a world wide pandemic & a nation wide building boom.

Price increases have gone absolutely out of control be it, labour, material etc

Eg, suppliers of steel door frames here in wa sent out an email to building companies saying their prices were going up 48% effective immediately

Bricklayers prices, not set by bricklayers but set by the builders themselves went up by 100%. That is not a typo. The price paid to bricklayers doubled over night.

If you quoted/tendered for a job 2 yrs ago, you will be lucky if you make any money. Very lucky.

If you quoted/tendered on a job 5 yrs ago, you will be lucky if you survive.
Extremely lucky.

Probuild WILL NOT be the last builder to go under in the next few months.

I would back Luke Stambolis to have been a major voice in HFC proceeding with Dingley with a massive amount of caution.

I personally am grateful that HFC have done very little at Dingley otherwise we could very well be in a situation far far worse than any current AFL club has ever been in.

This was wholly predictable. Kennett and his hand picked cronies can’t be trusted. They should have gone with proper broom last year.
Yes, yes and yes.
Back in the news, again unflattering - Jeff Kennett attempting to block Andy Gowers from Hawks presidency process
I find it strange that many people here seem happy to be ruthless with our list and cull many of our great old soldiers, yet when it comes to Kennett they cling to him or give him a pass.
He has been a liability to the HFC for years.
I thought there was a chance he might go gracefully, but he clearly won't. Cut the cancer now.

No doubt Kennett will work hard to remain president while he can have a direct influence (vote) on the future of tassie footy, his real passion. Meeting in march, voting in October

It must really stick in his gut that Clarko now has more influence down there.

Just listening on SEN the guy has dropped Clarkos name every third sentence.

Make no mistake Jeffs unrequiting love for playing in tassie has been a major weakness for a while now

(and no im not anti playing in tassie, just anti playing there whatever the cost)

Last edited:
Ok, so you are concerned with Luke Stambolis being on our board as he was the Australian Managing Director of Probuild who went into administration today ??

And you want to know if this is bad for our club & the Dingley project ??

And you assume he is on our board JUST to help with that ??

Now what ??

I don’t know if you are trolling or genuine, but I’ll assume genuine.

The construction work that Probuild are currently involved with would have been priced by them anywhere from 1yr to even more than 5 yrs ago.

No one & im talking not one person in this world would have been able to predict 5 yrs ago that we would be in a world wide pandemic & a nation wide building boom.

Price increases have gone absolutely out of control be it, labour, material etc

Eg, suppliers of steel door frames here in wa sent out an email to building companies saying their prices were going up 48% effective immediately

Bricklayers prices, not set by bricklayers but set by the builders themselves went up by 100%. That is not a typo. The price paid to bricklayers doubled over night.

If you quoted/tendered for a job 2 yrs ago, you will be lucky if you make any money. Very lucky.

If you quoted/tendered on a job 5 yrs ago, you will be lucky if you survive.
Extremely lucky.

Probuild WILL NOT be the last builder to go under in the next few months.

I would back Luke Stambolis to have been a major voice in HFC proceeding with Dingley with a massive amount of caution.

I personally am grateful that HFC have done very little at Dingley otherwise we could very well be in a situation far far worse than any current AFL club has ever been in.
The risk of the venture compared to remaining at Waverley? lets hpe these eventualities were assessed. You'd be mad to new build right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back