List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Time will tell. 18 year old talls vs a mature aged midfielder in his mid-20s. It's probably less that we got our ratings wrong but more that the recruitment team probably didn't expect to rate him so highly.

Mind you, I thought we'd have learnt after Jetta but apparently not...

Not aware of the Jetta situation...he's some player when he's on....

But you only gave dkalphy a day off.

Are these bans compounding? ;)

That was to give them time to re-consider their approach.

You've been watching from the sidelines, so if you now choose to step over the line you can't plead ignorance, so a week seems fair.

Not aware of the Jetta situation...he's some player when he's on....
Believe he trained with us and supporters wanted us to rookie him but they decided not to that year.

Went pick 7 to Sydney in the following ND.

And then we rookie a bunch of cast-off spuds from other clubs whom we wanted pre-draft such as Kane Lucas, who end up doing nothing.

Would be nice to see us be more adventurous with our rookies instead of just going for depth.

We always rated him, we just didn't expect Oscar Allen to still be available at 21, whom we would've taken at the pick we used on Brander because we rated Brander higher at the time, who we thought would be gone when we took him. This is why why we missed out on Kelly because we weren't expecting another team to take him before the pick we used on Ryan.

So that kinda explains 2017, even though the Eagles clearly didn't rate him higher than Brander or Allen...

But what about the previous years he was available - are you seriously going to suggest that these rookie picks were better value?

2016 - Thomas Gorter, Drew Petrie & Fraser McInnes
2015 - Jordan Snadden, Brant Colledge, Alec Waterman & Simon Tunbridge
2014 - Kane Lucas, Corey Adamson & Paddy Brophy

Let's be honest - if prior to the 2018 season & actually seeing his output at the top level, if the Eagles seriously rated Kelly they had plenty of opportunities to select him. They continually overlooked him and only when they realised what they had been ignoring did they come knocking

Why so salty..... did you guys have designs on him?

I doubt it. There seems to be an unwritten "no trade" agreement between the Swans & GWS. Mumford got
pushed out when Buddy came in, but that was seven years ago. And Jed Lamb went from the Swans to
GWS a million years ago but he is hardly a deal breaker. Other than that there is basically no player
movement between the two Sydney clubs. I guess I just think when players are getting the big cheques
they should be putting in 110% every day. I support the Swans but also go to all the GWS home games in
Sydney and have seen a lot of Cameron over many years, and I thought he seemed a bit "off" this year.
It is weird one because until a month ago he was telling anyone who'd listen how much he liked living in
Sydney and being at the Giants. I guess it would be good if he came and said he hoped GWS get good
value for him like Dangerfield said re Adelaide back in the day.

Crouch isn't worth anywhere near that
So, you normally need to pay offers to attract RFA so you play the FA game like the clubs have done this year and previous year which don't cost you losing any of your currency, you guys tried to do this by bluffing GWS but didn't offer them enough for them not to match so it will cost you all your low end 1st rounders. Even Kane Cornes who is very anti Crows has stated several time B.Crouch is a solid B+ player so the real market value is around $700K given he is entering his prime with potential of developing into A grade player as seen when he played most of his games in 2017 and 2019 (look at his stats those years and you can see the potential there), miss all of 2018 because of the medical stuff up by Burton.

I doubt it. There seems to be an unwritten "no trade" agreement between the Swans & GWS. Mumford got
pushed out when Buddy came in, but that was seven years ago. And Jed Lamb went from the Swans to
GWS a million years ago but he is hardly a deal breaker. Other than that there is basically no player
movement between the two Sydney clubs. I guess I just think when players are getting the big cheques
they should be putting in 110% every day. I support the Swans but also go to all the GWS home games in
Sydney and have seen a lot of Cameron over many years, and I thought he seemed a bit "off" this year.
It is weird one because until a month ago he was telling anyone who'd listen how much he liked living in
Sydney and being at the Giants. I guess it would be good if he came and said he hoped GWS get good
value for him like Dangerfield said re Adelaide back in the day.

Quick aside.... Is there anything to the Buddy / Collingwood rumour?

And geelong has never gone after a key foward like cameron. So how can we say we never let them go if we never have gone after them?

The closest to it was Brad Ottens.
While not in the same class as Cameron (longevity-wise), he was an All Australian and arguably one of the best marking players in the competition prior to his subsequent knee injury.

Coincidentally, Geelong gave up picks 12 & 16 and that trade turned out to be one of the best in the clubs history.

So that kinda explains 2017, even though the Eagles clearly didn't rate him higher than Brander or Allen...

But what about the previous years he was available - are you seriously going to suggest that these rookie picks were better value?

2016 - Thomas Gorter, Drew Petrie & Fraser McInnes
2015 - Jordan Snadden, Brant Colledge, Alec Waterman & Simon Tunbridge
2014 - Kane Lucas, Corey Adamson & Paddy Brophy

Let's be honest - if prior to the 2018 season & actually seeing his output at the top level, if the Eagles seriously rated Kelly they had plenty of opportunities to select him. They continually overlooked him and only when they realised what they had been ignoring did they come knocking
The way we use our rookie list is pretty infuriating, yo won't get any argument from WCE supporters about that.

It wasn't until 2017 that TK really started to blossom as a player. Didn't really take it as seriously before that. Trained with us in 2017 and we'd apparently been monitoring/mentoring him for a couple of seasons already.

I have NFI why we couldn't do that with him as a rookie however, considering a guy like Fraser McInnes can stay on the list for nearly a decade.

Cant help but feel our strong draft hand this year due to trading for future firsts last year has really come back to bite us, in any normal year we would currently just hold pick 17 which is now pick 20. GWS would not match for pick 20 and next years future first which would be guessed to be around 15-18 before any other factors when they can have pick 10 compensation. This might be something clubs need to consider when trading for future firsts that it opens you up to being bent over at the RFA matching table.
Let’s not be greedy. We’re swapping Kelly for Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No really, a trade will be done, it's up to the clubs to determine what's fair compo.

Geelong will slightly overpay if need be because, as we all know, it's a terrible look to do everything you can to get a player and then pull out last minute because you don't want to pay the asking price...
It may well be a waiting game - the trade period doesn't actually start until Wednesday, so nothing can happen prior to that

And then we've got until Nov 12 - maybe we won't be in much of a rush to deal with GWS, and instead put our focus on trades involving Higgins, Cockatoo, potentially Constable and maybe there'll be some surprises but easier clubs to deal with

It may well be a waiting game - the trade period doesn't actually start until Wednesday, so nothing can happen prior to that

And then we've got until Nov 12 - maybe we won't be in much of a rush to deal with GWS, and instead put our focus on trades involving Higgins, Cockatoo, potentially Constable and maybe there'll be some surprises but easier clubs to deal with
Any idea where Cocktatoo/Constable may end up?

I recall we wanted Cocktatoo in his draft year but ended up with Duggan from memory. Not complaining about how that worked out so far but Cockatoo's certainly been unlucky with injuries. He's a talent when on.

JC is a rolled gold A grader. Without doubt the Cats have been romancing him for sometime. It's time now to pay the bill. It's not unreasonable for GWS to look to maximise their hand. They would be insanely negligent if they didn't. However, this trade scenario is a little different from the Kelly trade. JC is a RFA. Also, I suspect GWS may chase players not just picks. The cats are going have to get creative. Maybe big Sava or mengola come into the mix? As with these big trades, we need to be realist, it cannot be a sided win.

Not aware of it. They would have to be brave. I think 2021 is one of Buddy's $1.5M years. We just hope he can
get out on the field and play. He is a champ and everyone loves him but it's possible we should have just signed
him up for "only" seven years and not nine.

Piss off GWS you bloody scabs! Can't believe they have the coin to match, something dodgy going on there. They have already had enough of a ride on the gravy train from the AFL over the years. Just take your bloody compensation pick and get stuffed you flogs. Trying to compare this with Tim Kelly is a load of BS, Kelly wasn't an RFA and is a lot younger than Cameron. Way to treat your player GWS whose given you 9 years of service by trying to shaft him again when he is trying to return nearer to his roots, obviously for family reasons and play for Geelong. Might have to end up giving them some draft
picks, hopefully they will pull some duds from those ala Jack Watts.

Last edited:
Any idea where Cocktatoo/Constable may end up?

I recall we wanted Cocktatoo in his draft year but ended up with Duggan from memory. Not complaining about how that worked out so far but Cockatoo's certainly been unlucky with injuries. He's a talent when on.
Cockatoo seems destined for Brisbane, and it's been suggested for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick

The latest news on Constable is that the club have said he's welcome to look at his options and see if a suitable trade presents itself, but like a day or 2 before that it was said there's been no interest - seems he may currently be a low priority for opposition clubs

Since you guys are holding lower 1st rounder picks, GWS will be stupid not to request all 3 of them. But I didn't think GWS would have matched the $1M offer.
They can request what they want, doesn't mean Geelong rolls over & just agrees

A player on just under a mill per year, structured in a way that manes it nigh on impossible for other clubs.. but most importantly, if Cameron refuses to entertain other clubs, moving to live in western vic near Geelong, there is ZERO chance another club picks him up. Zero.

No club picks a player on 950k a year who doesn’t want to be there. Name one example. Just one

In the past Rawlings and a guy that was picked up by Carlton that wanted to go to pies(from Port) have been drafted not wanting to go to the clubs that drafted them.

Watson also say out when the Eagles drafted him.

It’s rare but I doubt teams just sit back and let him go to the cats at pick 6-10. There is ZERO chance Essendon don’t take him

Anyway see how it goes as I said no dog in this fight. I actually think he is over rated myself but time will tell

I saw it on a Facebook or Twitter page that my understanding is deemed a joke & generally seen as BS rumours

Isn't Buddy coming into some of his higher contract years, and considering Collingwood already seem to be up to their eyeballs with salary cap issues, just don't see how they'd fit him in

They can request what they want, doesn't mean Geelong rolls over & just agrees
Past history has always dictated 2 1st rounders is required for a player like Cameron but since all 3 picks are on the lower end of 1st rounders they will be after all 3 of them, at worst they will likely give Geelong a 2nd rounder back. GWS hold all the card here, as dictated when a club match.

Back