Opinion JL and Bell... how long til they pack their bags?

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as Ross brought us a measure of success, he also turned us into an unwatchable football team which we haven't managed to shake. Last year was the first time in almost a decade that I walked away from watching us genuinely pumped with the way we played and everything we showed has disappeared this year.

I still love the club, but far out it's hard watching teams like Collingwood and Adelaide play with flair and freedom and win games.

As much as Ross brought us a measure of success, he also turned us into an unwatchable football team which we haven't managed to shake.

Bahahaha.. so after 3 and half seasons of having a new coach in place …. It’s still Ross’s fault we’re playing shite football???

I’ve seen it all now.

Just on that , I don’t suppose your ve watched a depleted saints outfit play recently ?

Sumich saying in his article today that Garlick is favoured to move to AFL headquarters mid-season with Bell to step up to CEO.
Oh my lord.
Putting the sumich factor aside for one moment , this would just about break me if we give that white ant the CEO job.

Is to this club what ruccioto is to Adelaide- once he’s dug in he ain’t never leaving

As much as Ross brought us a measure of success, he also turned us into an unwatchable football team which we haven't managed to shake. Last year was the first time in almost a decade that I walked away from watching us genuinely pumped with the way we played and everything we showed has disappeared this year.

I still love the club, but far out it's hard watching teams like Collingwood and Adelaide play with flair and freedom and win games.
Ross Lyon is the only coach to guide Freo to a grand final and gave finals for at least 2 years in a row.... Let that sink in...

I wish Connolly guided us to one more win in 2005 so we made finals in 2005-6.

Hell I wished Freo beaten Essendon in docklands in 2021. That meant Essendon didn't make the 8 and Freo got 8th spot with 11 wins.

That means finals under Longmuir in 2021-22 as well

Bahahaha.. so after 3 and half seasons of having a new coach in place …. It’s still Ross’s fault we’re playing shite football???

I’ve seen it all now.

Just on that , I don’t suppose your ve watched a depleted saints outfit play recently ?
Don't strawman me - I said he turned us into an unwatchable football team (which I believe to be true - disagree if you like) and we remain unwatchable. How does the Saints' game plan this year have anything to do with the way we played during Ross' tenure?

Maybe the brass up top thought persisting with a defence-first coach would be good for continuity for the players that grew up under Ross, I don't know. That's obviously not Ross' fault but it would be linked to him coaching us. Either way, we were bland and boring under Ross and we look to be bland and boring under JL.

Ross turned us into a very dangerous team, that was regularly winning. Towards the end when players were beyond their used by dates or only just beginning their careers the wins dried up very quickly which probably skews his win/loss record a bit.

I don't care what style of play we are running, winning is exciting footy no matter how it comes about.

Ross turned us into a very dangerous team, that was regularly winning. Towards the end when players were beyond their used by dates or only just beginning their careers the wins dried up very quickly which probably skews his win/loss record a bit.

I don't care what style of play we are running, winning is exciting footy no matter how it comes about.
Totally respect that view but I completely disagree with the bolded part. And if we're being clear I've never argued against Ross making us competitive.

We were just horrible to watch. Most games felt like we were playing to stop the other team winning, rather than trying to win ourselves. I remember leaving the pub every week from 2012-2015 and breathing a sigh of relief that we pulled off another win rather than feeling pumped like after the Melbourne win last year.

Totally respect that view but I completely disagree with the bolded part. And if we're being clear I've never argued against Ross making us competitive.

We were just horrible to watch. Most games felt like we were playing to stop the other team winning, rather than trying to win ourselves. I remember leaving the pub every week from 2012-2015 and breathing a sigh of reliefme that we pulled off another win rather than feeling pumped like after the Melbourne win last year.
No I get that mate, I used to be the same. Every season I'd be preying for the big 100 point wins for percentage boosters, but they just never came about.

But since 2016, apart from last year, and so far how this season has been unfolding. I'll take any sort of victory we can get. Right now I would rather just win ugly than lose exciting.

No I get that mate, I used to be the same. Every season I'd be preying for the big 100 point wins for percentage boosters, but they just never came about.

But since 2016, apart from last year, and so far how this season has been unfolding. I'll take any sort of victory we can get. Right now I would rather just win ugly than lose exciting.
It's the most dockery thing ever to be able to find reasons to not be happy with our most successful period - appreciate you indulging me haha

I think Freo will be taking a slightly longer view of things then some on here. I would certainly hope they improve his support first before doing anything drastic.
Didn't Simon Garlick say Freo was targeting 2 premierships by 2025.
Disappointed the AFL didn't poach Garlick. I would sack Bell or Garlick before Longmuir.

Didn't Simon Garlick say Freo was targeting 2 premierships by 2025.
Disappointed the AFL didn't poach Garlick. I would sack Bell or Garlick before Longmuir.
Just alpha talk. Don't know why people take this stuff so seriously. That is our aim, but unfortunately, it is the aim of all the clubs. Nothing wrong with having a bit of ambition. Just shouldn't have been quite so strong on it. Especially when there are so many variables that can change things so quickly. I don't know why people in here want everyone sacked every five minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that irks me most has been team selections. Round 1 we went very conservative and unbalanced. Tabs, Fyfe, Jackson and Treacy in the forward line was just silly. Too many roosters. No young guns in Amiss, Johnson or Ras.
It's no coincidence that we won with a pared down forward line on Friday.
We always seem to start on the Back foot these days. Have not won a 1st quarter since God knows when.
It seems JLos 1st instinct is always to play safe.
I use to have high regard for Justin but that is beginning to wane.

We need to alternate with st Kilda every 3 years.
Ross for 3, rebuild for 3. Rinse and repeat.🤣

I think both Justin Longmuir and Peter Francis Bell will be around for a while.

I have always predicted Justin Longmuir will be our coach for 5-8 years. I don't know if he gets us a flag.

I do hope Justin Longmuir gets us to finals in 2023. Just to say he got us back to back finals. Yes I am desperate for that, even if it's 8th spot in 2023.

I look at Port Adelaide.... Port president David Koch and coach Ken Hinkley have been together since Hinkley had his 1st year at port in 2013. It's 2023 now.

Meanwhile Steve Rosich and Ross Lyon were together at Freo from 2012-19.

Once Ross Lyon got sacked, Rosich left as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Francis Bell and Justin Longmuir stay until 2029. That's 10 years of them starting from 2020.

I have always predicted Justin Longmuir will be our coach for 5-8 years. I don't know if he gets us a flag.

I do hope Justin Longmuir gets us to finals in 2023. Just to say he got us back to back finals. Yes I am desperate for that, even if it's 8th spot in 2023.

I look at Port Adelaide.... Port president David Koch and coach Ken Hinkley have been together since Hinkley had his 1st year at port in 2013. It's 2023 now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Francis Bell and Justin Longmuir stay until 2029. That's 10 years of them starting from 2020.
How much did you put on it.

Is there another Peter Bell around the place that I don't know about?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there another Peter Bell around the place that I don't know about?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's his full name, Peter Francis Bell. Yep I looked it up on Wikipedia lol.

But yeah.... I have no issues of Justin Longmuir lasting as long as Ken Hinkley at Port....with similar finals success too. LoL

By Monday morning be nice….

Seriously tho I’d actually want bell gone first .
Almost all of the clubs bad decisions lead back to him.

He can go join his f***wit mates back at north for all I care , just get out of this club, for the love of god.

As for Jlo he probably should get till the end of the year but that’s it , just has to go , we can’t waste another year with this list.

Don pyke cmon down…

There is no doubt love for the club from both bell and JL.
They just aren't very good at their jobs.
It was looking very promising last year too..😭

The club's needs to demonstrate that there were mistakes made in the last 12 months and anyone coming to the club that thinks they can trade for success will face consequences if they fail.
Sack a administrator, not Longmuir. Send a message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back