Opinion JL and Bell... how long til they pack their bags?

Remove this Banner Ad

The club's needs to demonstrate that there were mistakes made in the last 12 months and anyone coming to the club that thinks they can trade for success will face consequences if they fail.
Sack a administrator, not Longmuir. Send a message.
Agreed…get rid of Logue= mistake, get rid of Acres= mistake. Not give Mundy another year = mistake. 2 firsts rounders and a second for a speculative player = mistake. Meek for JOM = mistake

If I ****ed up this much in my job, I would be on the dole

I think both Justin Longmuir and Peter Francis Bell will be around for a while.

I have always predicted Justin Longmuir will be our coach for 5-8 years. I don't know if he gets us a flag.

I do hope Justin Longmuir gets us to finals in 2023. Just to say he got us back to back finals. Yes I am desperate for that, even if it's 8th spot in 2023.

I look at Port Adelaide.... Port president David Koch and coach Ken Hinkley have been together since Hinkley had his 1st year at port in 2013. It's 2023 now.

Meanwhile Steve Rosich and Ross Lyon were together at Freo from 2012-19.

Once Ross Lyon got sacked, Rosich left as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Francis Bell and Justin Longmuir stay until 2029. That's 10 years of them starting from 2020.
What’s Justin’s middle name?? Wtf is with this Francis bull?

To be fair, I think I recall the AFL changed its official records to record him as Peter F Bell presumably because there must have been another Peter Bell back in the VFL in the 1920s or something.

(Agree it’s unnecessary though - we all know who tf he is)

Bell can learn from his mistakes.
JL doesn't have the confidence to lead a camel train..

Bell has a track record of poor list management decisions far longer than Longmuir's coaching tenure.

I don't have much faith in JL but I'll be just about done if the club sack him and Bell is still our head of football come October.

We're fortunate that the list is in a decent state (thanks largely to great drafting) and a football department cleanout won't necessitate a rebuild. If anything it'll help ensure we make the most of a good squad.

Bell has a lot of control at the club. Alcock ensured that.

When things are good he gets a heap of credit. When things are bad he should be in the hot seat. I am on record here as saying the footy dept - including bell lacks experience.

At the very least we need an experienced senior assistant. My preference would be for Bell to go and JL have the senior assistant (Mark Willians type or Pyke) come in.

One thing for certain, we can't waste this list wondering if the gameplan will magically fall into place. There's enough evidence now to prove it doesn't work - it's done, throw it in the bin.

If significant gameplan changes are not made, then Jlo absolutely needs to go.

Any coach, manager, person who keeps following a dud process to the detriment of the team goal, in the face of overwhelming evidence against, needs to be removed from their role.

It's pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back