Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to a mate, also a WC supporter, he thought the Goo kept CFC in the contest. He also thought Jordan was simply to good and opposition supporters will pay to watch him play.

I’m not sure why, but i didnt expect De Goey to be so watchable, i knew he would eventually be a good footballer, but i didnt expect the x-factor for some reason, more of a hard inside mid with ability to kick goals.

Just watched the highlights vid from the club website that they've put up in the last week.

So many clutch goals at big moments in big finals games. Hopefully he can have a trouble free off season and get his legs/shins right for a monster 2019 campaign.

As good as his x-factor work was up forward it was his Queens Birthday performance against the Dees where he played a lot of midfield time (and brained them - 30 possessions and 7 tackles) that most pleased me from him this season. I think we would have seen him in the midfield a lot more in the back half of the year if we didn't have to nurse him through the lower leg issues.

His midfield time will probably be limited again in 2019, with the dearth we have in there, but it gave me hope that in a few years time he will be a legit goal kicking midfielder.

I spoke to a mate, also a WC supporter, he thought the Goo kept CFC in the contest. He also thought Jordan was simply to good and opposition supporters will pay to watch him play.
Correct.

No Jordan in GF forget it, we would have been done like a dinner (same if no Adams and Mayne).

But what De Goey brings is brute strength and power plays.

Just watched the highlights vid from the club website that they've put up in the last week.

So many clutch goals at big moments in big finals games. Hopefully he can have a trouble free off season and get his legs/shins right for a monster 2019 campaign.

As good as his x-factor work was up forward it was his Queens Birthday performance against the Dees where he played a lot of midfield time (and brained them - 30 possessions and 7 tackles) that most pleased me from him this season. I think we would have seen him in the midfield a lot more in the back half of the year if we didn't have to nurse him through the lower leg issues.

His midfield time will probably be limited again in 2019, with the dearth we have in there, but it gave me hope that in a few years time he will be a legit goal kicking midfielder.
That Melbourne game was explosive, was it 10 inside 50’s and 20 disposals in the first half? Schooled them.

...and a whole lot more, he will be the complete footballer in time. I would love to see a complete game through the midfield.
Agree!

I tempered my post a bit.
He is so special.

I’m also thinking his leg issues this season precluded the extra mid minutes.

Can never forget how well he did considering he had some leg matters to overcome and work through.

Agree!

I tempered my post a bit.
He is so special.

I’m also thinking his leg issues this season precluded the extra mid minutes.

Can never forget how well he did considering he had some leg matters to overcome and work through.

No tempering from now on SV just put your unabashed feelings out there!

In a few years time a midfield that contains JDG and "The Bear" is a thoroughly tantalising prospect. A bit of outside run from Stepho and look out. The future is in good hands.

No tempering from now on SV just put your unabashed feelings out there!

In a few years time a midfield that contains JDG and "The Bear" is a thoroughly tantalising prospect. A bit of outside run from Stepho and look out. The future is in good hands.
Very very good hands.

And to do a Dave IF Will Kelly can be our longer term Dunn replacement type we might just have a strong defence group locked up too.
Kelly and Moore supported by:
Scharenberg, Langdon, Maynard, Quaynor, Howe, Appleby, Crisp etc that’s quite a bit to be going on with.

It’s all very exciting.
In the middle well that’s mouth watering.

Be nice to get that big agile gun key forward at some point soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very very good hands.

And to do a Dave IF Will Kelly can be our longer term Dunn replacement type we might just have a strong defence group locked up too.
Kelly and Moore supported by:
Scharenberg, Langdon, Maynard, Quaynor, Howe, Appleby, Crisp etc that’s quite a bit to be going on with.

It’s all very exciting.
In the middle well that’s mouth watering.

Be nice to get that big agile gun key forward at some point soon.
Too early to add Murphy? Pin the ears back, you know you want to!

Too early to add Murphy? Pin the ears back, you know you want to!
I love Murphy already.

He’s my pick as breakout this year. Can see him flank at the back and even go forward. Looks a beauty.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people feel the need to identify 1 specific incident in a game when 44 players make a thousand snap decisions. More telling toward the outcome to me was their late goals in the 1st. In and of themselves they didn't cost us the game, but they signalled a shift in momentum.

Last edited:
I know that mate but when he uses terms like JDG “lovefest” when no one is doing that then I will bite......not hard but I will still bite anyway.
No one doing that?
Ah, thanks for the chuckle.
The thread had become all about the Second coming.
I’ve no issue with my comments. They were, and still are spot on.

Please don’t respond, as I don’t want to be accused of looking for “bites”.

No one doing that?
Ah, thanks for the chuckle.
The thread had become all about the Second coming.
I’ve no issue with my comments. They were, and still are spot on.

Please don’t respond, as I don’t want to be accused of looking for “bites”.

I agree that JDG made a bad judgement call in that play and I assume or at least hope that it was against a team instruction. JDG made the attacking call of staying down rather than adding himself to the aerial contest because we already had someone in an advantageous position in an aerial contest, which is the way to go most of the time, but I assume that our forwards were instructed to fly with MacGovern when he was their opponent coming in as third man up, because he is so bloody good at it. So yes, I agree that it was an error on JDG's behalf, but to apportion a chunk of blame of the defeat to this one decision was over the top and appeared to be intentionally inflammatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back