Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on... he re-signed?

That can't be right, bigfooty pundits were telling us he was categorically leaving!

He's a high profile Collingwood player - he knows he is a target.
... and the club, who approved his trip to Bali, should have waited for all the facts and defended/protected him in the face of media hysteria.

Just like the Bulldogs did with Bailey Smith.

Just like Richmond did with Dusty.

Forget the media, our sponsors and society at large would eventually turn their back on the club for not keeping up with the times.
Sounds like you're listening to noise.

Society at large does not want to draw and quarter people for flirting with consenting girls or defending their space in a night club. Or indeed is a collective that wishes to tread around egg shells to appease a few. That's impractical.

We can nitpick about how 'serious' these incidents are but at the end of the day they're only news makers coz the media hypes up these nothing stories.

Degs is a footballer not a role model, in the case of him we can't have both.

So the club has a choice, let him leave and try and replace in futility or support him and tell the media to *off.

Great news Jordy. Pie for life and bleed black and white. All of us here at Big Footy never doubted your commitment to the club. You're one of our favs here even when your misunderstood. Will you be replacing Scotty as captain? Our love for you has never wavered.

To Sam Edmond and co. - you lying imbeciles. Saints, cats, bombers, behavioural clauses, money - which was it? Comon back up and tell us how the fk you got it so wrong. Move on - go to twitter and find your next clickbait.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

... and the club, who approved his trip to Bali, should have waited for all the facts and defended/protected him in the face of media hysteria.

Just like the Bulldogs did with Bailey Smith.

Just like Richmond did with Dusty.
I have no argument with your views on the club but that doesn't exonerate Jordan he needs to grow the fck up.

Thank God that’s all over.It’s such a relief to have it finally done and dusted.The media was almost wetting itself with excitement at the prospect of him going to St Kilda or Essendon.I’m so glad that didn’t happen for many reasons.

And WTF is wrong with Tom Browne?Yesterday afternoon he was on the radio apparently stating that Collingwood were quietly confident of getting DeGoey’s signature,then on the 7 news just a few hours late he stated that St Kilda were firming as favourites to get DeGoey and were confident of getting him to sign up.He seems to have absolutely no idea what’s going on at Collingwood.Even some posters here seem to know more about what’s going on at Collingwood than he does .Does he even talk to his dad at all?

You said, in your opinion, he didn't stuff up - the club disagrees with that. Otherwise, they wouldn't have suspended him after New York, and wouldn't have taken the contract off the table after Bali. Pretty obvious really.

You mean the club imposed suspension that was that was decided on before they had any of the facts? Since withdrawing that contract offer the coach has gushed over him, they’ve re-offered it and added a year…

This is a power struggle between board members who are more preoccupied with sponsors and image and the FD. Like I posted earlier there is a sense of pride in them sticking to that cultural standard because I likewise see benefits, but the trade off is that it could compromise 12 months of list management.
This is what happens when clubs disingenuously try to pander and paint themselves as favourable to an easily offended minority in society.

It looks like the FD and the board are at odds around the 'optics' of the club.

FD = we just wanna win flags, don't care about what the media says.

Board = we must punish Jordy to appease the wowsers.

Obviously this is a simplistic take, but wouldn't be surprised if say GW had a different view to say Holgate.

Forget about not contending if we don't keep Degs, if there is a disconnect between the two departments we've got much bigger problems and will never flag again if it continues like this.

If the club is run how some on the board want it then we may as well shut the doors and turn the lights off.

This is what happens when clubs disingenuously try to pander and paint themselves as favourable to an easily offended minority in society.
Actually he was offending women with his disrespecting of them. They make up 50% of the population.

We have womens' teams under our banner now and the AFLW team were pissed off with him.

I know you don't agree with taking their views into consideration but I offer this as a reason why the club is not "pandering" as such.

We get the news that the club has signed de goey and then we get this questionable photo on the pie website. Doesn't the club realise that he looks a bit agressive there? He might scare small children. Shouldn't he be happy and laughing?

View attachment 1522500
What’s going on with his upper lip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no argument with your views on the club but that doesn't exonerate Jordan he needs to grow the fck up.

Of course he’s exonerated. He is guilty this year of having a bit of it fun with a consenting bimbo at a nightclub on a sanctioned break. The media and social media criticism he has received , and harassment from the board over terms and conditions, is more than enough punishment over an incident that broke no laws or club rules. Thank god the coaches and players had his back.

Maybe rather than Jordy growing the fk up ( and there’s no evidence that he hasn’t) perhaps some moralising posters here thinking they have the right to speak for all women, should shut the fk up ( although there’s no evidence that they will).

Well done Fly, you were instrumental in keeping this bloke

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F6511d1c3-1da4-4b0f-8cda-c5696a9920cb

Either either, I doubt the bulk of us fans let alone society as a whole wanna throw him under a bus coz he's flirting with a consenting girl or defending his space in a night club.

Sure, you'll get the noisy easily offended that will, but they're minuscule in number and that's why the media paint him as the antichrist to enrage such people. Makes coin.
Well the 'bulk' of fans certainly don't speak for me.

Actually he was offending women with his disrespecting of them. They make up 50% of the population.

We have womens' teams under our banner now and the AFLW team were pissed off with him.

I know you don't agree with taking their views into consideration but I offer this as a reason why the club is not "pandering" as such.
You are full of it.

Just take it like a man Greggy and stop making crap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back