Josh Drummond is in our sights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Drummond was only at Aegis for coaching related talks.

Was never going to sign as a player.
I wouldn't have a clue as to how he would go as an assistant coach but I must admit that I am glad to see the club in the market for new coaching staff.

If only you'd shared this inner scrotum information about 8 pages ago.

Sure. And announce his retirement for him ;)

I'm not sure he'll get in. The Primus mail was generally good and I'm not sure there will be that many changes to our staff this year.

Its was always a tactical move on his behalf when there so many clubs here in Melbourne for a coaching role.....Id imagine he has a young family, and needs to put food on the table.

Doesn't have kids. His girlfriend is a professional athlete as well.

Asssistant coach Josh Drummond father has died on the Sunshine coast

he was a bit of a legend of the Sunny Coast footy scene. Was only 60 as well. RIP.

Family man farewelled with laughter and tears
4th Jan 2017 2:31 PM

IT was a wet track that greeted the farewell of Maroochydore AFL and building industry legend Geoff Drummond but that did not deter the huge crowd who turned out for the bereavement service.

Fittingly for the renowned punter and prankster the service opened with the call to race bugler and drew to a close with the calling of the Geoff Drummond Dash, an hilarious phantom call which grand son Jimmy home the winner. It was a race sponsored by two of his favourite watering holes Buderim Tavern and Chancellor Park Tavern with a special mention of the Alex Sports Blue Bar buddies with who he regularly gathered to test the TAB.

The Sunshine Coast AFL Hall of famer and builder died in Nambour General Hospital on December 29 after infection complications following an earlier heart attack.

Son Josh, a former Brisbane Lion who rose to speak with his sister Casey, told of a dad who after being brought back to life in ICU reached out to high-five the doctors surrounding his bed.

Josh said when a doctor suggested that a night in which he had passed seven times would have been a hard one is father had responded "I've had worse”.

He said his father was a man who had lived life to the full was strong of will and sense of humour.

There was truth, he said, that although always living within a drop punt of the beach his father's toes had never touched the sand.

In fact is father's philosophy on beaches and sharks was "We've got a deal, if they don't bother me while I'm having a beer at the pub, I won't bother them in the ocean”.

"He was loyal and tough and had no complaints,” Josh said.

"(At the end) he sucked it up and toughed it out.”

Geoff would be remembered his son said for the kindness, respect and loyalty he showed everyone around him.

Janelle Drummond said her husband was someone who was content with life. Near his death he had expressed complete happiness with what it had delivered in terms of family and success.

"He always had a good time,” Janelle said. "Then he left the party early.”

The service was held at Gregson and Weight's new Maroochydore chapel adjacent the Maroochydore Rugby League Club. It had once been neighbour to the Maroochydore Australian Football Club where Geoff was the 1983 premiership captain and later its president.

In the late 90s his efforts were credited with saving the club during its shift to Fisherman Road.

Club members dressed in green and gold formed a guard of honour as his casket was carried from a chapel that had been filled to over flowing with more than 600 signing the condolence book.

b88517505z1_20170104143238_000g7kf6r142-0-k8n3bif6p17tozuhin2_t460.jpg

For a private person who arrived on the Sunshine Coast in the early 1980s not knowing a soul outside his immediate family, that alone spoke volumes for the man.

Geoff Drummond turned 60 shortly before his death.

"Josh said when a doctor suggested that a night in which he had passed seven times would have been a hard one is father had responded "I've had worse”."

What a line!

He sounds like an incredible bloke and 60 is way too young.

Sympathies to the Drummond family.

"Josh said when a doctor suggested that a night in which he had passed seven times would have been a hard one is father had responded "I've had worse”."

What a line!

Reminds me of The Black Knight of Monty Python fame.

Condolences to the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a line!

What a superstar

May he rest in peace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back