List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARLTON coach Brendon Bolton says the next part of the Blues’ evolution will include being active at the draft and staying “open-minded” to trading, raising the spectre of a move to lure GWS gun Josh Kelly.

Bolton wouldn’t reveal targets, however, speaking after his side rounded out the home and away season with an 89-point thumping to the Swans, the coach signaled that the club would be very much in the market when opportunities open.

“Without going into specifics, we’re open-minded to trading,” he said.

“Also we’ll go to the draft. That’s been our policy for a long time. That’s all going to happen over the pre-season.”

Carlton football boss Andrew McKay said last month that GWS gun Josh Kelly was a potential target for the Blues if he opted to leave the Giants.

Carlton has become a young outfit during Bolton’s two-year tenure.

“We’re only two years in and we’ve lowered the age profile significantly,” Bolton said.

“We came into this season with 11 teenagers. It’s been well documented - we got our five Rising Stars and one last year.

“I think we’ve won more quarters - some little signs in the last month … that we’ve been moving the ball with some real speed from the defensive 50 to the forward 50.

“That’s another step in the next few years of our evolution, to defend and also move the ball a bit quicker at times. There’s a lot of growth there. We thought our leaders performed really strongly throughout the whole year.”

Carlton need to start their rebuild again. They somehow managed to go backwards again.

North had 17 people to choose from for half the season, lost 1 million games of experience, beat Carlton, finished above them,and yet they have the better list...Lol. They've collected rising star noms because the media thinks if you were a high draft pick you deserve one.

Kelly will run him into the ground Shane Crawford style
reminds me of the game where Boomer came back with a busted wing and pretty much ran up and back, goalsquare to goalsquare all day at the dome and some poor old Carlton bloke was getting further and further behind.

Carlton need to start their rebuild again. They somehow managed to go backwards again.

North had 17 people to choose from for half the season, lost 1 million games of experience, beat Carlton, finished above them,and yet they have the better list...Lol. They've collected rising star noms because the media thinks if you were a high draft pick you deserve one.

Agree to an extent but some of their rising stars are going to be freaks. We've still got a bit of bottoming out to come, especially if we don't get Kelly or Martin.

Curnow will be a to 5 player in the league in a couple of years. Weitering will be elite. Like Petrevski-Seaton and Picket's last month has been excellent.

I'm struggling to see the hype on Silvagni though. Doesn't seem to be a very good overhead as a forward and looks pretty vanilla to me.

The question for me is can they develop all the kids before they lose Simpson, Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy.

Agree to an extent but some of their rising stars are going to be freaks. We've still got a bit of bottoming out to come, especially if we don't get Kelly or Martin.

Curnow will be a to 5 player in the league in a couple of years. Weitering will be elite. Like Petrevski-Seaton and Picket's last month has been excellent.

I'm struggling to see the hype on Silvagni though. Doesn't seem to be a very good overhead as a forward and looks pretty vanilla to me.

The question for me is can they develop all the kids before they lose Simpson, Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy.

I agree. The way he moves reminds me of Kouta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silvagni is all hype.

Not doubting they have some talent. After all the kids you mentioned are all former top 5 draft picks (curnow would have been around the mark had carlton not leaked the driving incident before the draft ((similar to west coast and darling)). Pickett needs to stay on the park. I do think both he and Curnow are slightly overrated.

There are still too many holes in their list and they won't be ready before their experienced players depart. A large number of holes across the list.

Cripps is the best of the lot of them. He's going to be a monster.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Silvagni aint all hype. He has actually surprised me on becoming a player.

raising the spectre of a move to lure GWS gun Josh Kelly.

Spectre is a good choice of word, because he is a ghost to them. They can't see him.

Carlton football boss Andrew McKay said last month that GWS gun Josh Kelly was a potential target for the Blues if he opted to leave the Giants.

They are still hanging their hats on McKays wish for a meeting a month ago?

I've been overseas for a couple of months so it's hard to get a gauge as to where we are at with Kelly and Martin . 2 things come to mind . Firstly i was of the opinion that if we had raised our offer to dusty that it meant Kelly had said no to us (yet still not signed with Giants)???
Secondly I wonder if Kelly has agreed to come to us and that's why we went so hard to win yesterday . Yes the number 1 draft pick is better than 4 in terms of trade value but to part with pick 4 and a player for Kelly I believe is the best for our culture moving forward . Thoughts ?

I've been overseas for a couple of months so it's hard to get a gauge as to where we are at with Kelly and Martin . 2 things come to mind . Firstly i was of the opinion that if we had raised our offer to dusty that it meant Kelly had said no to us (yet still not signed with Giants)???
Secondly I wonder if Kelly has agreed to come to us and that's why we went so hard to win yesterday . Yes the number 1 draft pick is better than 4 in terms of trade value but to part with pick 4 and a player for Kelly I believe is the best for our culture moving forward . Thoughts ?
1. I think the players always try to win and Brisbane were very ordinary.
2. We can afford both Martin and Kelly on monster deals.
3. Don't believe the media in regards to the trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back