Racing June Daily Thread: You’ll go Stradbroke betting on Queensland racing

Remove this Banner Ad

In the Coventry last night the 2nd place horse Eldrickjones came from barrier 2 - yes Berkshire Shadow came down the rail from 17 but not sure I am going to get sucked into the barrier draws to much.

Just on Eldrickjones he was previously placed in race at Thirsk and another runner in that Thirsk race (Mr Coalville) ran last night at Beverley so I backed it based on Eldrickjones finishing 2nd in the Coventry ... anyway the bloody thing jumped at 9-1 and was leading comfortably 2 furlongs out with other horses behind being ridden hard ...... next thing you know the jockey Adam McNamara just stops riding and starts standing up and the horse slows appreciably ....... I am like wtf?? ...... as it turns out he dislocated his shoulder and couldn't ride the horse out ....... incredibly the horse still runs 2nd but it should have won ....... thankfully I had it ew but just another luckless punting story.

I was pretty happy with Hollie in the last though :moneybag::moneybag:

And in the Queen Anne the 3 placegetters where almost from the 3 outside gates. I’d be playing heavily towards outside draws until it’s proven it’s not the better ground.

And in the Queen Anne the 3 placegetters where almost from the 3 outside gates. I’d be playing heavily towards outside draws until it’s proven it’s not the better ground.

Oxted came from barrier 14 in the Kings Stand but won weaving a path down the centre of the track ..... well away from the rail

The 3 placegetters in the Queen Anne were in the top 4 betting horses in the race

As I said I ain't gunna get too hung up on barriers

Oxted came from barrier 14 in the Kings Stand but won weaving a path down the centre of the track ..... well away from the rail

The 3 placegetters in the Queen Anne were in the top 4 betting horses in the race

As I said I ain't gunna get too hung up on barriers

There's an advantage, probably only 0.5L to my eye it's there but I wouldn't be ruling those out on far side. It will naturally cut up as days go on too. Even by the kings stand they were huddling towards it and the queens horse was racing in very restricted room late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROYAL ASCOT DAY 3

All eyes on the weather here as a lot of the main chances on the day want it to remain as firm as possible.

Gold Cup - Here is the form line of STRADIVIARIUS in races over 2 miles + when the word Good is in the going description:

Quite simply if the ground stays ok he will just win as he always does. He has actually won two of his Gold Cups on soft and as long as its just on the better side of soft he probably wins anyway. If it becomes a bog then the second fave Trueshan comes into play who won the Long Distance Cup in the bog on Champions Day but hopefully it doesn't get that wet.

Other Races

NORFOLK - Lucci
HAMPTON COURT - Mohaafaeth (looked the bet of the carnival if the track stayed dry but really hates the rain)
RIBBLESDALE - Noon Star
BRITANNIA - Legal Attack/Perotto
KING GEORGE V - First Light
BUCKINGHAM PALACE - On The Warparth/Persuasion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back