Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 54 27.3%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 106 53.5%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 19.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

By what measure has he done a "pretty good job" ?
By Koch's measure. One question i'd like Kane to answer is, who cares about your minor round record when you've won 2 finals in the last decade?

COP THAT YOU LOT

Dear Kane Cornes
As a lifetime fan, I never hope that my team loses.

But I can plainly see that our continued failings in big games and in finals series are as a result of the head coach and the “bomb it in long and set up a wall for repeat 50’s” game strategy.
It’s not the players, as our player turnover continues through the seasons and the same failings are seen over and over again.

And I am frustrated because it is avoidable, and preventable, and fixable, if we had the courage as a club to make the call.
As a club in the past, we made that call with legends like Geof Motley, and Russell Ebert, and John Cahill. The club is ALWAYS bigger than the individual.

But now you as a mouthpiece sycophant for the club, seem to be content with mediocrity, in downhill skiing, in a W/L stat line that is never examined for its misleading value, in “enjoying the ride”, a ride that is destined never to get us to where we want to be.

I wish you were as disappointed and as blunt with the failings of our coach as you have with this grandstanding against us as a fan base.

And though you may not want to hear it, and will never acknowledge it publicly, but you are part of the problem. These “clickbait” comments are disgraceful, a gutless cheap shot against a group without a public profile to reply. Clearly on behalf of the club, you’ve chosen to hit out at people like me, and don’t realise the irony in you are reinforcing the reasons why.

I get the feeling that you will be happy when supporters like me have withdrawn our membership, don’t go to games, to be replaced by a group of passive supporters that cheer and wave and sing when times are good, and aren’t too fussed when we don’t because they enjoyed the ride.
Until they don’t come because there’s a new shiny entertainment $ toy, and then you’ll no doubt go off at them again for not understanding how good they’ve had it, and for not sticking loyal to a coach that is “not bad”.

I don't want the club to activately lose, I want them to win every game and still sack Hinkley
I want the club to win..... premierships.

Within reason (ie not cheating), I'll take any path that gets us to that goal. Ol Ken Hinkley's Southern Power winning a few home and away games and being a good club not a great club and building and growing with a young list for over 10 years now is not a realistic path.

Imagine hitching your wagon to Hinkley, the biggest loser in PAFC history.

It tells you a lot about Kanes character.

Even your own team mates dislike you Kane
Imagine further that when Hinkley finally departs, and Carr isn't immediately successful, Kane will come out with stuff like, "How are you feeling now, Ken haters? Maybe if Port had stuck with Ken, they'd be in a better place now."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back