Kennett: all board members must go when I say

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought a reason Kennett has this system in place is help avoid situations like what has happened to Essendon and Melbourne over the last decade. Like him or love him he has proven to be successful time and time again. At the very least this won't be a dull 3 years.

I look at it, that he's blaming the board for poor decisions last year and basically saying shape up or you're gone.

Thing is, if they didn't want this hanging over their heads, they could of said no.

It's odd, but if it means the board focus on what's best for the club then that's fine

I would have thought a reason Kennett has this system in place is help avoid situations like what has happened to Essendon and Melbourne over the last decade. Like him or love him he has proven to be successful time and time again. At the very least this won't be a dull 3 years.

I reckon his primary aim is to renew another Launceston contract extension, via his contacts and political skills.

Aside from that, there's not much more he can do.

I reckon his primary aim is to renew another Launceston contract extension, via his contacts and political skills.

Aside from that, there's not much more he can do.
With local Tassie footy crippled and on its knees, I wonder how the locals feel about the government handing over more millions to Victorian clubs.

So basically the board ****ed up and they have been given one more chance rather than being booted immediately.

The members stil vote on any replacement and any new board members wouldn't be under the same agreement.

With local Tassie footy crippled and on its knees, I wonder how the locals feel about the government handing over more millions to Victorian clubs.

They would feel pretty good about the millions in profits and infrastructure it creates.

Kennett's pretty cringeworthy every time he speaks out on any issue. But in a world where Trump is the president. I think he fits in just fine.

Kennett having one of his episodes

If he was so dissatisfied with their performance, why didn't he demand a complete board cleanout as a part of his returning as President and new board members voted in?

This just seems like Kennett ensuring a bunch of lackeys who are too scared to go against him for fear of being kicked off the board and Jeff can do what he likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected Kennet to dominate the Board, by will of personality. He is a not a consultative leader.

But to seek and obtain the power to "fire at will" is extremely unhealthy. Sorry, can't ignore this.

To say...."You are responsible for a bad decision in 2017" reasoning does not make any sense.

It is interesting given the centralised power in the President eddie style was something that Kennett had long railed against.

I attended something through my work last year where Kennett spoke about this very thing.

Thats what I find so puzzling.

Debate Kennett all day for things he’s done, but this is exactly the sort of thing he’s railed about in the past. Bizarre.

If he was so dissatisfied with their performance, why didn't he demand a complete board cleanout as a part of his returning as President and new board members voted in?

This just seems like Kennett ensuring a bunch of lackeys who are too scared to go against him for fear of being kicked off the board and Jeff can do what he likes.

Yep, if he felt like this I think an EGM and complete spill of the board would’ve been the way to go.

I for one, welcome our new Kennett overlord.

overlord.png

Kennett's pretty cringeworthy every time he speaks out on any issue. But in a world where Trump is the president. I think he fits in just fine.

Just wait till the investigation highlights Hillarys corruption, along with the seized text messages from democrat senators and certain FBI heads. Don't worry about Trump. You gotta wonder how Trump gets in huh.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back