Toast Kudos To Brad Scott Thread !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

cjOElco.jpg

^ Brad's response to this thread

Brad needs to go - to pigheaded to get us where we need to go.

Is a players coach and won’t make the hard decisions from week to week, let alone for the future
Superb season from Brad for mine...... I had us pegged for 6 wins as par so to have 9 at this stage is exceptional for a list in major transition. Heck we're still a chance to play finals....for the record I don't think we wil but just to be in contention this late in the season is a major achievement for the club. I love the game style we play too, very entertaining football. Brad is a players coach as you quite rightly point out and has obviously got major buy in from the playersfor this reason....the development of previous whipping boys Anderson and Daw has been sensational. He's also coaxed Scotty Thompson back took his best and has got Higgo into Brownlow contention. Both clearly best 22 these days. The Collingwood game is the only flogging we have received this year. Personally, I was bracing for several. All rainbows and lollipops from where I'm sitting. Onwards and upwards Rooboys.... we couldn't be in better hands

We need new blood in the coaching ranks.
Ok let's take a second here
If Scott does goes who replaces him tell me
1, Ross Lyon - No
2, Sam Mitchell - No
3, John Blakey - Won't happen
4, Peter Sumich - Been in the system a long time a good coach of kids thru WA under 18 a maybe worth a look but the club will keep Scott for I would say and then extend his contract again.
5, Tudor? Crocker? Will go backwards if this happens

Ok let's take a second here
If Scott does goes who replaces him tell me
1, Ross Lyon - No
2, Sam Mitchell - No
3, John Blakey - Won't happen
4, Peter Sumich - Been in the system a long time a good coach of kids thru WA under 18 a maybe worth a look but the club will keep Scott for I would say and then extend his contract again.
5, Tudor? Crocker? Will go backwards if this happens

I'm talking assistant coaches

Superb season from Brad for mine...... I had us pegged for 6 wins as par so to have 9 at this stage is exceptional for a list in major transition. Heck we're still a chance to play finals....for the record I don't think we wil but just to be in contention this late in the season is a major achievement for the club. I love the game style we play too, very entertaining football. Brad is a players coach as you quite rightly point out and has obviously got major buy in from the playersfor this reason....the development of previous whipping boys Anderson and Daw has been sensational. He's also coaxed Scotty Thompson back took his best and has got Higgo into Brownlow contention. Both clearly best 22 these days. The Collingwood game is the only flogging we have received this year. Personally, I was bracing for several. All rainbows and lollipops from where I'm sitting. Onwards and upwards Rooboys.... we couldn't be in better hands
Like what you bring to the Forum KK but we could be in better hands. :stern look

Proving yourself to be nothing but a troll!
It's more than that mav. Bills isn't overly intelligent. And when he has to battle someone with superior wit on this Forum what does he do? Puts them on ignore. That's what you call soft. That isn't the Shinboner Spirit. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking assistant coaches
Unless "The Collective" win the Oz Lotto / Powerball double and overthrow the current board enabling us to Sack Scotts we are stuck with Mr Mediocrity until 2069. So you are on the money again Big Fella. Change needs to occur. :stern look

It's more than that mav. Bills isn't overly intelligent. And when he has to battle someone with superior wit on this Forum what does he do? Puts them on ignore. That's what you call soft. That isn't the Shinboner Spirit. :stern look
Funny! Gaso did the same to me. He liked to take the piss out of me but when I returned the favor he spat it and put me on ignore. No surprise the soft ones are Scotts biggest fans!

Hating Scott makes you a tough guy?

Looks like we found today internet winner!!
Once again your compression skills are lacking. It’s amazing how many times this gets pointed out!

You’re inability to understand goes a long way to explaining your love of the most unsuccessful coach in AFL history.

Funny! Gaso did the same to me. He liked to take the piss out of me but when I returned the favor he spat it and put me on ignore. No surprise the soft ones are Scotts biggest fans!

Iirc we were told to stop, or put each other on ignore or PM by the Mods.

I had/have nothing more to add, certainly never want to speak/contact you on PM ever, so ignore is the option.

And then you still can’t help yourself mentioning me

Iirc we were told to stop, or put each other on ignore or PM by the Mods.

I had/have nothing more to add, certainly never want to speak/contact you on PM ever, so ignore is the option.

And then you still can’t help yourself mentioning me
IUB was so much nicer.

Like what you bring to the Forum KK but we could be in better hands. :stern look
Likewise Zondor, respect your opinion. Just trying to provide some balance in a sea of negativity and feel that the day after our worst loss isn't the best time to make long term decisions on the coach. Brad frustrates me too but you have to give credit where it's due and this year has been largely very impressive. My biggest gripe is established senior players are allowed poor form for too long before being dropped. A bit like the Australian cricket team in that way. In some players cases it might even be a relief to get dropped and take the pressure off. That said, I'm not a fan of playing kids without really solid VFL form and not many banging the door down.

We should extend his contract so he can see the rebuild to the end. Another 3 will do.
What rebuild? We haven't started one yet and we have no intention to.

We are more reliant on a 35 year old player like Jarrad Waite and an injury prone Ben Jacobs than we have ever been.

We haven't seen Preuss, McKay, Neilson, Larkey, Walker, Mountford etc etc

We play on older team than the opposition week in week out - so let's be clear we are not 'rebuilding' anything here.

We might be doing running repairs to enable us to finish mid table year after year but the only thing being rebuilt at Arden St is the change rooms for the Women's and VFL sides.

Last edited:
Yes - good idea - let's extend BS now as I reckon he is getting close now - another 5 year contract might be exactly what is needed tp really bring the best out of

What rebuild? We haven't started one yet and we have no intention to.

We are more reliant on a 35 year old player like Jarrad Waite and an injury prone Ben Jacobs than we have ever been.

We haven't seen Preuss, McKay, Neilson, Larkey, Walker, Mountford etc etc

We play on older team than the opposition week in week out - so let's be clear we are not 'rebuilding' anything here.

We might be doing running repairs to enable us to finish mid table year after year but the only thing being rebuilt at Arden St is the change rooms for the Women's and VFL sides.
Another 5 years lol

He'll be Kevin Sheedy without a top 4 finish or GF appearance lol

I agree, * THAT!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once again your compression skills are lacking. It’s amazing how many times this gets pointed out!

You’re inability to understand goes a long way to explaining your love of the most unsuccessful coach in AFL history.
Thanks tough guy.

What’s Bolton’s wining %? Pretty successful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back