Toast Kudos To Brad Scott Thread !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Now if Scotts was in the final year of his coaching contact as he should've been, would we have lost by 66 points today? :stern look

Very good point, over his tenure Brad has always coached 'beterer' when under pressure whether end of contract looming or jungle drums beating, likewise at the of last year start of this one, Arch apparently had to 'intervene' according to one credible poster; it wasn't clear that it had anything to do with Brad directly but our performance in the first half of the season was outstanding. I think there can be no doubt Brad gets comfortable, he needs to be held accountable and someone from the board needs to give him a rocket right now. I guarantee if this happens we will see a much improved performance from the players and a greater likelihood of some more wins .

That is all.

Thanks tough guy.

What’s Bolton’s wining %? Pretty successful?
If he’s given 9 year’s I bet he gets the blues to finish higher than 6th! Name one other coach that has spent 9 year’s at a club with out a GF? Go on name 1! Most unsuccessful coach ever in the AFL.

The final frontier for Scott is getting the gameplan to be adaptable to the personnel.

He's had some magnificent experimentation and obviously not great hand in the second half of the year in terms of outs, but I just wonder sometimes about playing to the strengths of your list.

If Brown and Maj/Waite/Ziebell/Wood are the main outlets, I don't understand why we're looking to move the ball quickly when our targets outside of Waite aren't mobile.

These players, especially when leading up into space and then back towards goal just aren't mobile enough to remain fluid if the kick doesn't hit the target.

Obviously this is where the smalls fail to pressure the footy, but just think we moved the footy slower and more deliberate earlier in the year, which meant if we didn't hit a tall, the weight of numbers already forward stopped the ball from pinging back.

When we go forward, instead of having a packed fifty the last five weeks, it's been relatively open for rebounding defenders due to a lack of numbers clogging things up.

Since we aren't blessed with super quick runners, I just felt like us flooding our own forward half made it easier for us to choke the opposition, since they were already in place to deal with a spilt footy and cause another stoppage.

4th in 2015 & 4th in 2016.
Oh well then - a pair of 4th's - that's different then - wonder we didn't sign him up for 10 years!

And I guess those 4th's were really close losses, we had injuries to blame and we would have won the next week....

I'm really looking forward to the reunions for that pair of prelim final losses.....should be a hoot!

A pair of 4th's please - if that's what you are hanging your hat on after 9 years you need to keep looking.

As I and plenty of others have stated he's had a great season, beat some much more fancied sides and probably should have beaten the reigning premiers. But we didn't and now the wheels have fallen off.

IF we get beaten next week by WCE that's finals gone and not an emotional "finals gone", but a, "can't *en make it finals gone". Sides above start playing with each other, someone will win.

Waitey who has managed nine games this year to go with his ten last year will be fit around that time for a return. Now this isn't whether he should play on in 2019, but a, 'will be interesting if he gets a game in a side that can't play finals'. I am not saying I'll lose my tiny mind, but it is highly likely and we've a serious problem with the guy at the helm.

will be really interesting viewing over the next few weeks. Not me losing my tiny mind of course- most have seen that before :rolleyes:

Oh well then - a pair of 4th's - that's different then - wonder we didn't sign him up for 10 years!

And I guess those 4th's were really close losses, we had injuries to blame and we would have won the next week....

I'm really looking forward to the reunions for that pair of prelim final losses.....should be a hoot!

A pair of 4th's please - if that's what you are hanging your hat on after 9 years you need to keep looking.
So you want him sacked? Who would you bring in? Lol - how about Josh Francou?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey you two, just do it...........

Frame_3b_V04_eng_small.gif

Josh the boss Francou.
Seeing as you can’t I’ll try and make it easier for you. Name a coach in any sport. Go on? Find a club any where in the world that has put up with 9 year’s of failure.

Scotts the most unsuccessful coach in the entire world, ever.

Just a thought I would like to know how many sides have won a flag from outside the top 4, I could be wrong but I believe it is 2. Adelaide from fifth (which is higher then we have ever finished under Brad), and the dogs. That means in all the history of the AFL/vfl one flag has been won from below our best home and away result of the last decade. Not going to fill any realistic supporter full of confidence.

If he’s given 9 year’s I bet he gets the blues to finish higher than 6th! Name one other coach that has spent 9 year’s at a club with out a GF? Go on name 1! Most unsuccessful coach ever in the AFL.
Ross Lyon of the current crop, Rodney Eade in the AFL era, without looking too hard....

The final frontier for Scott is getting the gameplan to be adaptable to the personnel.

He's had some magnificent experimentation and obviously not great hand in the second half of the year in terms of outs, but I just wonder sometimes about playing to the strengths of your list.

If Brown and Maj/Waite/Ziebell/Wood are the main outlets, I don't understand why we're looking to move the ball quickly when our targets outside of Waite aren't mobile.

These players, especially when leading up into space and then back towards goal just aren't mobile enough to remain fluid if the kick doesn't hit the target.

Obviously this is where the smalls fail to pressure the footy, but just think we moved the footy slower and more deliberate earlier in the year, which meant if we didn't hit a tall, the weight of numbers already forward stopped the ball from pinging back.

When we go forward, instead of having a packed fifty the last five weeks, it's been relatively open for rebounding defenders due to a lack of numbers clogging things up.

Since we aren't blessed with super quick runners, I just felt like us flooding our own forward half made it easier for us to choke the opposition, since they were already in place to deal with a spilt footy and cause another stoppage.

I understand this logic, but our issue is we do.t have the skill level to keep possession either. So running shotgun is difficult because we're slow and trying to keep possession fails because we cant hit a target.

Over reaction with BS.
One bad loss doesn't make a season.
Our fringe players decided to not try.
We do not have depth. Lack of depth breeds compliancy.
Noticeably injury is the excuse

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ross Lyon of the current crop, Rodney Eade in the AFL era, without looking too hard....
Obviously didn’t look too hard, neither have been at a club for 9 year’s.

Lyon has taken both his clubs to a GF.

Eade is the perfect example. 6 year’s at Dogs with 3 prelims but they decided it wasn’t good enough. Get rid of the coach and go onto win a GF. But us we just keep accepting mediocrity!

Over reaction with BS.
One bad loss doesn't make a season.
Our fringe players decided to not try.
We do not have depth. Lack of depth breeds compliancy.
Noticeably injury is the excuse

and there it is, blaming the loss on injuries! Of course, Collingwood were at full strength...

BTW, it’s not based on 1 loss. It’s based on 9 year’s failures.

Don't know where the fault lays tbh.

Every year under him we've either scrambled in the last month to hold on to a lower rung finals spot or have seen the season wiped out in 2nd half after a promising start.

If it's not Brad then hopefully the focus on hiring a statistician to help Moneyball the recruitment process and a broadly experienced high performance manager will allow us to finally deliver a consistent season.

and there it is, blaming the loss on injuries! Of course, Collingwood were at full strength...

BTW, it’s not based on 1 loss. It’s based on 9 year’s failures.
Not blaming this loss on injuries.
Unlike Collingwood we don't have depth. I see this as a recruiting and list management problem more so then a coaching problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back