News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukosious is an interesting one.

Not the power forward but more of Mobile tall who runs all day with beautiful skills. Could play as a tall winger. PS not a great contested mark.

I really like the idea of swapping picks 5,6 for 2,19. Not sure the suns like the idea.

Then on trade pick 19 for Lobb.

*! Sounds like Jack Watts!

Lukosious is an interesting one.

Not the power forward but more of Mobile tall who runs all day with beautiful skills. Could play as a tall winger. PS not a great contested mark.

I really like the idea of swapping picks 5,6 for 2,19. Not sure the suns like the idea.

Then on trade pick 19 for Lobb.

We’ll have options a plenty if we have picks 5 and 6.

Easiest option is to use both picks, but I think we’ll squeeze more value out of one of the picks for sure.

It’s a sad case of you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Freo have finally IMO made a massive move towards WA talent.

I’m in favour of downgrading to get Ian Hill because he’s WA talent.

If we do have 4 and 5 we should make a massive push to get pick 2 from GC and land Lukosious. Upgrade our selection. But that would be much riskier.

I mean would we do 4 and 5 for 2 and 18? Because that’s what it would take.

I’m also massively in favour of the downgrade if we get someone with it like Lobb or Duncan.

Duncan is 27 though. When our picks from the last two years and this draft get to 50-75 games he’ll be 30+. I just don’t get it with Lobb unless we are trading Darcy (which I won’t do). Otherwise Lobb hasn’t demonstrated that he’s not just another middle of the road key forward like the ones we have at the moment.

I am definitely keen to keep at least one of them in the top 6 (at this point, I'm consigned to Neale leaving). I rate Kelly higher than others and would be happy to turn 6 into 12 and get Hill. Would also be over the ******* moon with Rankine and Rozee.

Depends on Kelly’s price I guess. If we downgrade 6 then we’d need a winning points value trade back. Gold Coast paid overs for the Eagles first this year and I don’t see why we should anything other than more draft pick points back if another team is getting a crack at one of the gun top 7.

Makes no sense whatsoever, you cant just ignore parts that suit your argument. There are no "main" parts, the trade is what it was

Yeah fair call. My point is that I'm not sure I'd be up for making a similiar trade again (+ we'd never come out of a downgrade as good as we did in that particular one).

It's probably worked out this time because on their own Ryan and Hamling > McCluggage. If we had picked up Pat Kerr, Josh Battle and Josh Rotham (all picked a couple of picks ahead of our boys) instead of Ryan, Cox and Darcy it'd be a whole different story entirely.

Duncan is 27 though. When our picks from the last two years and this draft get to 50-75 games he’ll be 30+. I just don’t get it with Lobb unless we are trading Darcy (which I won’t do). Otherwise Lobb hasn’t demonstrated that he’s not just another middle of the road key forward like the ones we have at the moment.

Reasonable points. I don't think draft picks guarantee you anything... so that also needs to be taken into account. There needs to be a bit of balance. Duncan coming here is BS anyway.

Conca offers a mature body and is a free agent... that's a no brainer for me.

Lobb? Yeah It's not exactly winning the lottery, but he's best 22. All depends on the deal, but he 100% provides depth and best 22, so why not target him??

The key for 2019-2022 will all be about keeping Fyfe, Hill, Hill, Blakely, Langdon, Walters, Cerra, Brayshaw, Pearce, Hamling, Ryan, Wilson, Darcy, Taberner, Cox on the park. If you can add Lobb and Conca to that core then get further development from Tucker, McCarthy, Logue, Switkowski, Giro, Crowden, Banfield, Dixon then we have the makings of a finals team.

I don't think you can keep going to the draft and I think we're close to that point now.

Sandilands, Mundy and Ballas will all near be gone after next year. Then we start the process of making some hard delistings decisions for a few years.

Those first 15 names + Lobb and Conca should be a mature enough side to see us play finals.

I've obviously left out Neale.

Judging trades retrospectively is a dangerous game ...we got a decent haul in the McCarthy trade.

Having said that really keen to not trade out early 1st rounds ..the best 2 of the Super 7 is fine by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected that their was some recent news on this after the mass outbreak of posts the last few days.
The only thing that I noticed is that I was reminded we used pick 3 for Mcarthy.:eek: Which is nearly his average amount of clangers per game.
FMD. He even averages more frees against than he averages goals per game.:poo:

Hey Brisbane fans, if you don't like what's beinf discussed, **** off from the board.

And don't quote my posts on your board, peasants.

You're angry about what we wrote on our board, so you yelled at us on your board to get back to our board.;)

Can I say... for the most part.... It has been refreshingly painless during this speculation. Other team supporters are just s**t.
Whatever happens I hope both teams come out stronger.

I would do pick 3 for pick 7+ a 20 year old forward averaging 2 goals a game every day of the week.

That would lead to an unbalanced squad though.

In 2 weeks you would have 14 x new draftees and 14 x 20 year old forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back